1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Silverstone, corsair, or other?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trig, 25 Aug 2015.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

Got a few more components picked up for the kids new rig.now the case...

Is the silverstone tj08b-e still the best micro atx case? The corsair 350d looks like a good option as well, and i plan on putting some type of corsair liquid cooling on the cpu...

I may be (cross my fingers) picking up a used 780ti, so would love to know if that will fit...of course i will look it up, but if anyone knows off the top of their head, please chime in

Trying to keep it right at $100

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

TJ08-E was great, a lot better alternatives out there now though.

3. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

TJ08-e is a great case and have done builds for friends with a dual fan H60 so almost any 120mm aio will fit, seeing as the 350D has bigger volume than many atx cases I don't see the point in it personally. As mentioned above there are some better alternatives (one of which is the new tj08-e when Silverstone finalize it after announcing at computex)

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Both very good options for sure. The TJ08 would very much be my choice, I find it very, very hard to fault.

And yes, a 780ti would fit just fine.

5. trig

Thanks guys, leaning towards that...and thanks parge for the 780ti fit confirmation

Any idea on the release date on the new TJ 08? I googled but didn't find much

Last edited: 25 Aug 2015
  6. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

They were announced back at Computex but saying that so was the 750w sfx psu that I am interested in and they said that wouldn't be available until 2016 so doubt it will be soon

7. trig

bah...

never done a small build like this, so it may not be what I end up going with...but both of those cases look solid to me...i like a couple of those phantek cases, but the reviews are so wide ranging...peeps saying terrible quality, others saying great...some say noisy others silent..

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the Tj08-E is one of the best cases ive ever worked with ( i was lucky enough to work with my friends purple soldam windy once )

it looks great, is decently cheap, has epic cooling potential for air and decent enough for water. Mine has all the hard drives in the 5 inch drive bays, and both HDD cages removed. The whole case has then been covered in sound absorbing foam which helped both to reduce dust intake and noise a fair bit. My next mod will be to cut out the Rear fan grill and externally mount the 120mm fan when i get my H70 back

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

take a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv line! amazing stuff.