1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Roccat Kova Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 Nov 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I don't care how good it its... it looks like something the Cylons would use 1984. I wouldn't let it near my PC.

3. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

The company is German, but for some reason, all their products have Finnish names?
    Strange.

4. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Yeah i was wondering the same. Kova is finnish for hard btw :)

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I always thought it was a Finnish company...

6. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i rest my thumb on the thumb rest underneath the back and forward buttons on the left hand side.

I'm also a massive fun of the lights that change by themselves, lightens up the day at least!

Glides well on my cheap desk and the buttons are fairly firm

7. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I'd love to see a review on the Rocat Kone. Still....

Some more info on how it actually performs would have been nice. I own a Razer Lachesis and while I love its performance the size is to big for my hand and the way I grip, finger grip as mentioned in this article. Also with most mice I've owned my thumb is to short to reach the from thumb button without manuevering my hand in an uncomfortable action.

So is this mouse good for gamers with smallish hands with the finger grip play style? How does its performance compare to a Razer Lachesis, Dethadder, Logitech G9? I've owned them all.

This is info that should be included in every mouse review.

8. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Sorry, you did address one question with the fingergrip comment....."The shape and size of the mouse make it more suited for people that hold their peripheral in the fingertip-style grip"

So it would be good for a small handed finger grip gamer. Still I'm not seeing how it performs agains other mice. Tracking and gliding comparisons. Are the buttons hard to press? I use my mouse wheels click feature a lot while gaming. I've returned mice becuase it was to hard to press repeatedly.

Basically when reading reviews we need to know whether or not the peripheral you are reviewing would be a worthy upgrade over the one we are currently using. I didn't feel there was enough info in the review to go on for either this review or the Cooler Master Sentinel mouse. Am I supposed to be putting more weight behind the overall scores when comparing? The closest I see in there to performance rating is "overall".

Maybe its time for a gaming mice "VS" article. :)

keep up the good work. While I'm being anal at the moment I love your website. ;)

9. matt.bungle

matt.bungle Vase

To be honest I have had this mouse for a couple of weeks and found it very comfortable to use and a good weighted mouse. I got this free from a subscription magazine and thought I will give a try and I was impressed, even enjoyed using more so than my Razer Lachesis. Very compatible fit in my right hand with my thumb resting nicely on its fat ass, the performance is great and anything beyond 3200dpi is just silly, a solid made mouse.

Also the pictures to don't it justice.

Personally I think the mouse is not ideally price but if solely looking at the mouse itself then it's a least 8 out 10.

Tags: Add Tags