1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX670 folding support?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by LifeLongGamer, 4 Oct 2012.

1. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I have noticed that my Asus GTX670 isn't folding even with the GPU option active. After looking on here and the folding forums it seems that the 6 series isnt supported yet for folding and I was wondering when it is likely to be foldable. At the moment I am churning out a PPD of around 55k PPD although my PC is only on for about 8 hours a day if that so having the GPU running should hopefully bump up my PPD by a fair amount, cheers guys :)

2. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

it will fold you need to download a GPU.txt file and drop it on your f@h v7 client install folder i believe

im ot sure where you can download it... there is another thread somewhere with the details

3. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

Ah ok, thank you very much, this whole folding thing is a bit new to me :D

4. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

you wouldnt have to do this usually but because the 6xx gpus are new and the v7 client doesnt update its self yet you need to download the gpu.txt file

and the 6xx kelper gpu's are not optimized for folding yet so they dont produce as mush ppd as they should

5. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

6. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

That complicates it. All you need is to get the gpus.txt file from stanford and put it in the program directory. Then next t ime you load the v7 client (ie FAHControl) it will be detected and used. No external software is needed.

7. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

I tried the gpus.txt file on mine and the card was recognised but stuck on 0% and wouldnt fold. Got it working with the enclosed guide but recon it was updating the fah15 core that did it. This was ages ago so maybe a compatable core is automaticaly downloaded now dont know as sold the card a while ago.

The tracker is very good and works well as you can do your cpu folding in a linux virtual machine and then run the GPU in the tracker which stops it slowing the cpu folding down as much.