1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Virus/malware trouble cant get onto desktop

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by maple, 1 Apr 2014.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

A good friend of mine is having trouble with his laptop, the laptop is really new, has windows 8 etc

The problem is this virus: met police thing comes up whenever you try to open up anything cant even get to the desktop, or even the pc settings, or anything, I managed to open a new user account I thought ill put it as admin and see what I can do, then it created but couldn't load into it the circle spins round but wont log in, now when you switch the laptop on it tried to log into the new account but it just spins and stays there so you cant do nothing to it now.

Cant even get it into safe mode any ideas?

virus /malware picture below

[​IMG]

2. maple

maple Minimodder

The antivirus is mcafee with originally came with the laptop but I think it was a trial as when you click on it, it says buy

the problem now though is that I cant get into it at all as when you switch it on and it just stays there when you try to log it in

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Try using Combo-fix and booting into safe mode. Or you could just use kaspersky rescue cd and write it to a USB.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2014
  4. maple

maple Minimodder

is this it? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

But I cant seem to get into safe mode and I cant even get in the pc the normal way now because the dot circles going round as its logging in to the user and nothing happening thereafter

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

7. Strudul

Strudul ~

I used to fix these on a daily basis.

The easiest way was to just take the HDD out, whack it in another machine as a slave, then scan and clean it with Malwarebytes.

Having said that, I'm not sure how it would affect any warranty...

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

it doesn't affect the warranty, unless you have to strip down a machine totally to remove the hd.

I also tend to do what xTatic does, as some machines are just to slow.

9. maple

maple Minimodder

Thanks guys I managed to solve it, I have another issue though my cousins laptops both of his laptops the place where the charger goes in its broke

10. Strudul

Strudul ~

The DC socket?

Pretty easy to fix usually, but it does require taking the whole laptop apart.

You can buy replacements online. Then just open up the laptop, unplug / unsolder the DC socket and plug / solder in the replacement.

Pretty sure it will void any warranty...

Any computer repair shop should be able to do it for you if you aren't comfortable, and should give you some sort of guarantee / warranty on it as well.

11. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Are you able to make sure it's not a problem with the jack but rather with the charger?

12. maple

maple Minimodder

Im sure both of these are with the jack, how easy or hard is it to solder the jack?

13. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Should be easy, but it depends on your competence with a soldering iron. Also how easy it is to get access to the board to do it. Some laptops are a joy, others leave you swearing and shouting at them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. Strudul

Strudul ~

You might not even need to solder it as the DC socket is often just plugged in. Open it up and have a look.

If it does require soldering, then it's usually pretty simple and shouldn't be too fiddly.