1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience with YYT so far.

Discussion in 'YoYoTech' started by Parge, 26 Sep 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This has been my experience of YoYoTech thus far.

I ordered a fairly large number of watercooling components from the sale on Friday 13/09. When I went to pay for the order, there appeared to be fault in the delivery options screen, which meant that I only had a few options to choose from, not including regular delivery. I selected the cheapest delivery method available (pre 12pm at £14.99) and then sent an email to support notifying them of this.

They got back to me on the Saturday 14/09 saying they would look into it. On the Monday they got back to me acknowledging that I had experienced a bug and they would refund me the difference in prices of delivery. They also realised at this time that the tubing I had ordered had been booked into the system incorrectly, and in fact wasn’t available, which was fine, but a little frustrating.

My order was shipped on the 16th, and a delivery attempted on the 17th. However, I was out, and so the package was sent back to the depot. When I rung TNT to have it redelivered they had lost the parcel, so I had to ring YYT, as they were the senders, to see what the score was. They located the parcel on the Friday, and said they would have it redelivered to me on Monday. However, when this didn’t arrive, I rang YYT again, but the person who was dealing with my query wasn’t about. Whoever I spoke to said I would get a call back. However, I never received a call back on that day, Tuesday or Wednesday, or if I did they didn’t leave a voicemail.

Now, when I ring (Thursday), no one ever answers the phone, and what’s more my parcel status on the TNT site says ‘awaiting customer collection’ – which is a bit annoying because the depot is miles from my house and I don’t own a car.

I’ll be frank. Not a great start lads.

2. Parge

So, I took it upon myself to call TNT since YYT weren't answering. I spoke to their customer care team (who, in fairness, were very helpful), and they told me that the bottles had fallen over in transit and leaked everywhere and were in 'undeliverable condition', and that they had tried to get hold of YYT but like me, no one was answering their phones. This meant that if I wanted what was left of the parcel I had to go up and get them myself.

So, with little other option, I left work and went up to Enfield to the depot to collect what was left of the delivery, a journey that cost me a little less than a fiver in Oyster fares, and about 2 hours of my evening. One of the blue bottles of coolant had leaked out over everything in its entirety, what's more, on one of the green bottles, the cap wasn't completely screwed on, and it was in the process of leaking out.

Worse than that, the boxes for the GPU blocks were totally sodden, and swollen with liquid, one had come open. Thankfully, the blocks themselves were OK (they are water blocks after all!), but I'm someone who likes to keep the boxes etc in pristine condition in case I need to sell things on. Needless to say, these are now barely suitable for shipping in, and they are certainly not close to what I would call 'new condition' which is what you would expect when buying from a shop.

Can you imagine if Scan or Overclockers just stopped answering the phone for one reason or another, and left a customer to go and collect his goods in this condition? I'm aware that it is possible part of the blame possibly lies with TNT for mishandling.

However, as their customer, personally I'm disappointed with YYT for:

• The checkout process in which delivery options were 'bugged'
    • The lack of stock for items that showed in stock
    • Obviously poor packing and/or not checking that the caps were properly secured
    • Poor customer contact - saying they would phone back, and then never returning a call, not keeping me informed
    • Not answering their phone to me or the couriers for an entire business day
    • Leaving me to spend a few hours of my evening, and my own money to go and collect the damaged goods.

3. Move Up!

Move Up! What's a Dremel?

Dear Parge
    We can only apologize for the experience you have received from Yoyotech, we do take on board every negative comment received and implement procedures to our best to rectify these issues. Our Moto is to try and give our entire customers the best experience available at Yoyotech. Due to moving into new premises we have uncounted minor issues related to telephone system going down, and we are also liaising with TNT as to the process first being able to deliver then thereafter bottles being damaged leaked, however as we encounter issues we do try to rectify
    We have emailed you, as to how we can proceed with the leaked bottles and do hope this is a satisfactory outcome for the inconvenience caused

4. Parge

To follow up on this:

This was resolved to my satisfaction in the end. Following the above the YYT replaced the two bottles of coolant that leaked, refunded my postage, and sent me a £10 voucher for anything in the store. Can't say fairer than that.

Thanks guys.

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Thank god and awesome news

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

6. Move Up!

Move Up! What's a Dremel?

Dear Parge,
    Customer service is a key part of YYT core values and we do value your feedback, which helps us to improve the services we provide, being able to resolve your issue at a satisfactory service helps us to be one step closer and stronger with our customers.