1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News YoYoTech launches hand-crafted, engraved and water-cooled PCs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 30 Oct 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Somebody's having a laugh with that price.
    I think most people who are going to spend that kind of money on a very high end system would want to build it themselves as well.

3. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

I see no fun on this one, but yep, what a waste. They are crazy.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Doubtful..I can see these sitting in those luxury apartments in Canary Wharf and the rest, where £8K is nothing, perhaps 1% of an annual bonus

Think of all those stressed out bankers, cash rich, time poor...this sort of pre built bling PC is just ideal for them...w8nkers.

5. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I see the point you're making but I seriously doubt that crowd would be aware of this sort of kit or where to get it and they're more likely to go to "generic well known high street store no1" and just buy the most expensive thing there they can see.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I dunno, clearly a lot of time and thought has gone into this build and the components themselves will take a good chunk of that. Just throwing it into PCPartpicker shows that a similar build, without cooling would set you back around £4200, I would expect the cooling to add another 5-600 to that, so you're likely looking at £4800. Add another £100 for extra materials (sleeving isn't cheap, neither is all the plastic), custom routing, milling and cutting work is not cheap either, although the scale is minimal here, so maybe £100. That leaves £2979, and if we decide that labour is £15/hr (although it could well be 20-30 given the nature of the build) and you're looking at between 100 and 200 man hours to complete this rig from concept to finish.

I'll admit that sounds a little on the high side (time wise), but it's clearly a show piece and not a staple product. If you want a glitzy product for the front page of the website, this does a pretty good job tbh. It's basically advertising.

7. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

£15 an hour? Crikey. I'd not get out of bed for that.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Well given that's pretty bang on for the UK average, I felt it was a realistic bottom-line figure.

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Slower, a Titan down, in a mainstream corsair case...

Yes it looks nice but £1k more buys you so much more with an 8pack build.

That's not me saying "I'm at OcUK so ours is better" that's me stating the obvious.. It's pretty but it's hardly groundbreaking.

10. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Sorry to have a dig YoYo but I don't think I would throw that level of money at a company who had already folded, has only just come back from the dead and may not be around to offer support in 6 months time.

11. Thermolance

Thermolance What's a Dremel?

SchizoFrog. Yes that is true. however Centerprise International Ltd has bought the Yoyotech brand.
    If you look up Centerprise International you will see that it is a very large company that sees the potential in Yoyotech. So with a company like Centerprise International backing up Yoyotech then there should be no reason to be concerned if you purchase anything from us.
    Centerprise has been around for 30 years so they know how to stick around.

12. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

I still prefer MDPC's modded TJ07 which has the same black and gold theme.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Well lucky you. I guess I should just sleep in instead of going to my £11/hour job.

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Everything looks amazing, except for the copper plates on the GPU blocks. C'mon guys.

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I wonder if all these builds are going to bring back the Custom PC's Dream PC Competition?

Either way it's a nice pc and with all the time and effort put in to it, I wouldn't say no to one if given it but I just couldn't justify buying one.

Good Job YoYoTech!

16. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

What's the verdict on the less chi-chi versions, the XDNA's? I'm thinking about abandoning or sidelining my recently built DIY and going with a prebuilt watercooled.

Tags: Add Tags