1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Interest in Android surges

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

People are getting wise to the crazy prices of the iPhone and are realising Android is pretty damn good. It offers pretty much everything the iPhone does, plus more, without the scene tax.

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

No surprise there really.. Still, no mention of Blackberry or Maemo? I've got a bold atm but I'm considering the N900 come spring. Like the look of android, but, I'm not sure I want to hand my phone over to google yet..

4. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

Android will come out on top very soon IMO, loads of Android 2.1 handsets coming out this year vs Apples locked down costly iPhone. I think Blackberry and Palm will see sense soon and shift to Android.
    But why o why does it have to be a google product!!!!!!! :) they scare me

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Android is brilliant, not sure why people are afraid of Google, i see very little evidence of Google on Android as it is, in fact, i've only had to sign into 1 thing for Google, and that was mail, nothing else.

Sam

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Love Android, and tbh it's not really surprising that interest is picking up, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit #1 before 2 years are up.

Android devices are pretty good and Google have been doing a great job at bringing out new versions & features rapidly.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I want an iphone except for one thing - the iphone!

all i ask is a phone with support for last.fm and spotify and isn't locked down like the US airports are at the moment!

I've been waiting ages for some better looking (pronounced "smaller") android phones to come out, and my next upgrade window is this summer! exciting times!

8. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

and missing from this article is the words IN THE US as it's a US survey but is being shoved down everyone's throats all over the world to promote Android. Yeah it's better than the iPhone and glad that the hype is deflating but still is a bit silly

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I love my android phone. HTC's front end makes the difference though.

10. Judge Zetsumei

Judge Zetsumei What's a Dremel?

@mi1ez
    Buy an android phone then. I have a HTC Hero and I have last.fm and spotify on it. Support for last.fm on spotify mobile is coming soon according to the developers.

11. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

It's because Google has been slowly retiring its "do no evil" motto and replacing it with a resounding "meh! All your privacies are belong to us!".

12. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

The survey was of 4000 "prospective smartphone purchasers". Maybe that's the key - millions of people have bought iPhones who wouldn't have considered themselves "prospective smartphone purchasers" - it has a mass appeal that Android simply doesn't as yet. BT readers are in a fairly rarified world of techno-savviness, so most of us are familiar with Android, but to Joe Average, the iPhone is leagues ahead in terms of consumer awareness and desirability.

13. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

the iPhone isnt that crazy. the original iPhone with a 2-year contract is $98 and the 3Gs is $197 at WalMart. The Motorola Droid is $188.

14. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

problem with the Droid is that not all the software works on it,Hero has issues as well, G1 and G2 are ok thought

wish i never got the White G1 phone as it has defects in the case and the back-light on the keyboard in avg light in the room making the buttons not readable (black version case fits perfectly and back light works due to the keys been black any way)

15. lunoob

lunoob What's a Dremel?

. . . stand by.

16. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

Total cost of ownership is still very high.

17. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Quite.

For now, I'm happy with a phone that lets me call people and text them. I'll use my PC for everything else. If I need it, my phone also does the web and photos, but I haven't signed up to anything for the privilege.

Tags: Add Tags