1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress D.C.M.M. COLOSSUS

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 9 Aug 2013.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

who said size doesnt matter. well dig this guys.
    hello everyone, i would like to indtroduce you to my new casemod called
    D.C.M.M COLOSSUS.
    I ddint have much of a real plan as usual, i just made as it went along and looked for solutions along the way for all the unprecedented part making than came up.
    The name is derived from DIE CASE MOD MOUSE which is german for the casemod mouse, and COLOSSUS, which was astatue in rhodes about 280BC, was desstroyed by an earthquake in about 235bc and was till then considered a world wonder. had one leg on each side if the river and was over 30 metres high. thaty why we use the word colossal nowaday which mean immense size.
    and thats what this little baby is all about.
    D.C.M.M COLOSSAL is a world record, because its the WORLDS LARGEST FULLY FUNCTIONAL MOUSE, while being a full fledge casemod computer too.
    i had to keep it secret a bit for certain reasons, but now it completed and will be attending the DCMM at the gamescom in Cologne as my casemod entry, also the reason its called D.C.M.M. the same abbreviated letters there too.
    It is entering to defend my title in casemodding of 2012 which i managed to win with my RENEGADE, THE PUBLIC ENEMY.

so like i said, a fully functional mouse, afully functiional PC with lotts of new extras and thingymajigs.
    I didnt just want to make a boring 2 button and scroll whell mouse like any regular desktop mouse so i aimed at showing speed and acceleration and made it look a bit like some steve mcqueeen fast machine type of spaceship, speedboat jet engine mot.... fuc... from outer space.

here is the worklog, will get it all in over the next two weeks.:D

well like everyone of my mods, i dont use programms, like making ma handmade sketches. the mod turned out much better than the sketches but they are a oart of the worklog and show the rough direction this will be going.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

raw materials.
    [​IMG]

first of all i had to disect a mouse and take a closer look, how the hell can i make this all oversized. I had a lot of ides but didnt really know which one would really work efectively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one of the most crucial parts the scroll whell. i actually decided the size of the mouse all around the wheel i would use. i bought one at a local hardware store buit thenfound a lawnmower wheel for 5 euros at teh junkyard which i liked much much more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    like aregular mouse, i needed the axis fixture only one sided so that the wheel can be tipped slightly for the middle mouse scroll button. so i used (also from the junkyard for free) a loudspeaker angle holder bracket. drilled the hole and it serves as the mount which can bend a bit to one side to press the later mounted switch but is still stiff enough and stroing enough to hold the weheel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i used an old acer noname case for this one, all others i looked at were not proprtionally right for the weheel.
    [​IMG]
    so the first big task was to get a concuved rear of the mouse. curved on two axes.the first idea i had turned out to be thes best so here are the pics. layers of wood all stuck together all declineing in size and then carved and sanded off as needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the backside end plate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i wanted the rear to be something like a hatch back, so it was made sperate, you will see later what i mean, for wiring plugs, controls etc..
    [​IMG]
    getting all the angles and curves to match up on both side was a bitch of an ordeal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these red rear lights did not make the final build, had a better idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this a the leftover grill of a ENERMAX SPINEREX, it will find new life here
    [​IMG]
    the mouse back bone, brings stability and will have a crucial functiona later too as you will see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    getting the size richt was important, because only in the initial stages could i rig that so that the mouse dows not become to long or too short.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the grill was evidently too long, so i shortened it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i am making this build in basically three sections, rear mid and front. here is the mid section which will hald fans and air inklets etc.. the front will be buttons and the rear to mid will be the case mostly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

had to cut out some inlets for the fan airflow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the screws were in the way so i rivetted it up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

side fan holders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i decided to take a differnet mouse which was much flatter,
    here you can actually see how i solved the mouse issue.

i wired it all out buttons wheel button etc.. and glued it in here,
    the basic idea is that the actual mouse technology is all built into a module with whel which can be putz in and taken out, and will then be integrated into the build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the real mosue tecno part, this is how it works.
    [​IMG]

i added a middle wheel for transmission so theat when scrolled up the mouse would scroll up on screen to instead of down. as its supposed to. and apart from the the mid whell is fexed and hence alway pressing the boittom mouse wheel with the same pressure even thoung i might be useding the middle button by pressing the malwnmower wheel. know what i mean???, i can then garantee that the mouse will not be jittery or inexact.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]h
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page
    [IMG]http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=6499&h=2eeba45bf05e50e5675edb87e07d5940cac8fab5=
    [​IMG]A
    [​IMG]tt
    achment&attachmentID=6498&h=92c76e53436203b5d0adf54bef4aaf3bb9961e0b[/IMG]ttp://we-mod-it.com/index.php?
    page=Attachment&attachmentID=6496&h=6d7ced164596577a5d39a7feb00cc849b30e5489[/IMG]

the good thing about making this removable mouse module which works fine was that i can now build around it and take it out move it for the proprtianl placing and so forth, was a good idea that wirked out well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

time for the mouse buttons crucial crucila crucila parts. will be a big designer elemnt which define the whole build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    once again, because i had the idea of speed and acceleration i wanted so many angles, this was a bitch of a chore to get both side right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the aim was alos that the buttons can be removable, so that complecated everything a bit too.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Aug 2013
  2. abbas-it

the mouse wheel is more or less the center piece and very much the fttention on this build so i had to do something with it to make it more mousy wheely, need moire width too and wanted chrome on it later so i made mdf side plates with dicstance keeps of plexi where the chrom ewill be.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

front bumper part one, remember the theme.
    all thes impossible angles, opposite on both sides too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i cut in the button frame for the fore and back 4rth and 5th buttons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the woods have eyes,,,,,:clap: yes just like an fast car, the headlights give it a face. i wanted a fearce looking front and liked the razor mouse front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now it can be seen how the wheel seems to be hovering freely, just like the RAT mouse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i made negative with which i could then press the grill mesh in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the side walls front to mid, are also concurved so had top make them in layers too.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]htt
    [​IMG]p
    [​IMG]://
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this baby has its intergrated loudspeakers too so i needed windows in the side walls.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come...

3. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

I'll be honest, when I first read that you were making a giant working mouse I was a bit.. you know..

but this looks so freaking cool mate.
    Loving your carpentry skills.

4. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

This project looks like it's gong to be awesome, and I noticed your Samurai build snuck in to the photos too. I wish I had your wood working skills I measure 4 times and still cant get it right. Keep up the great work I look forward to seeing both projects finished.

5. abbas-it

@mechh69 thx mate, i do my best it has indeed turned out even better than i thought it would.

@ legendaryscott. you knoe what lscott, thats exactly wht i also thought after making up my mind about this. but it has actually turened out to be one of my most exciting and kick ass projects.
    making the mouse mech wrok was actually not as hard as i thought it would after trying out plan A to Z through version 1, 2 and 3 each. more to come.

so here are some more progress pics.

after making the presse din mech windows i decided to give em some spoilers too,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i wanted to give it more gill type air sucking contours.
    these wre actually when the mouse buttons were properly the most hard peices to make, will explain later why.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these little wedges were the problem, i had to get the gaps both sides properly fitted so that wehen the buttons are pressed they dont rub, and bleive me that was a bitch of a chore, was sanding, checking sanding checking, oops too much, stick some wood on again, dry it then sadning checking. the result turned out super in the end though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you can see, here are layers and layers of correction wedges:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the top USB and aiduo panel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    started the front top panel for the rear of the wheel, will have a temp dicplay and the extracable motorised camera, something like the alien chestburster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i invested 13 eurso in these, sound is not too bad considering the cheapness.
    and beside they are good enough for onboard speakers, better than any notebook speakers any day.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it still looks so tame, but that will slowly change, believe me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and just like on various mice we also have the finger and thumb rests, i wanted them too to give it that stealthy agile look, both sides will be different, a biut like the RAT mouse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as shrek and ogres would say its one of those onion things, layers, just like the pgres.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like most mice which have these the left side is more the tuhumb placed and the right side more for the fingers, well gullivers fingers i guess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these will be air intake ducts on both sides. with 40mm fans inside, you will see later on why.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    only fixed the ducts at the front of them so that later the back of them shows a lining of red light with the leds i will put in.
    [​IMG]
    giving the ducts some more impossible angle wood work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thes will be the top mid section spoiler vents funnel and smoker holders, a very design defining part which gives it that speed y swift look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like i said, this was the hardest part, the gap looks so simple but both sides were a day work, when you see them in paint, it was worth it, bloody sexy curves am tellin ya.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

time to mount the inner mouse button switches whcih are then pressable. took high qulity stop switches with a real nice loud click.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the swift quick look is slowly getting there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are the first pics of the chest buster camera and a little test video. made ma little linear motor from an old piece of cable canal piping and video recorder eject motor.
    with stop switches and phase chnagers works super. cost me about 20 eurso, 15 for the camera. the mototr is the smallest of tehse 3 salvaged ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    modified the camera to fit the cable slide channel plastic thingy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [IMG]http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=7057&h=dd6601300a7d98474bc653dc5269932b886cb410=
    [​IMG]A
    [​IMG]tta
    chment&attachmentID=7056&h=1e774922c3bc1f1fdc3104a577bb08249ac5dabb[/IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i always take harder wood type for little things like usb ports etc.. you can get much finer results and they dont fray that mush.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i salvaged these hinges from an old sewing machine table, they will also be sanded and painted of course. had to make underlay first for them, like washers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]h
    [​IMG]t
    [​IMG]t
    [​IMG]p
    ://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=7218&h=3c60143659a6f860cf096a07db7f4c322e1ad95f[/IMG]

Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
  6. abbas-it

so, then as some of you may know the rat and certain other mice have adjuster wheel screw on the back of them to adjust size tec, i decided to use use that feature optically as the hatch back rear part fastener. used old curtain rail rings too. turened out good, and painted its swell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?
    page=Attachment&attachmentID=7247&h=6f7bd796d338ea371da68ab4bb2abc07da68764e[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a main optical feature is the rear spoiler which also not just is the logo but also the keyboard slot.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is a bluetooth keyboard which works with windows too.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i bought a chepa second hand slot in dvdrw drive which will be slotted in here at the rear section top.
    [​IMG]
    had to make an inner caddy for it which ends up in the hold of the case at the righjt angle too.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    didnt like the way the front spoiler was so changed it and gave it a more aerodynamic snip off.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the mouse base plate.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    seeing as i am british and living in germany and this will be a world record at the DCMM i made both flags this time, but this part iddnt make the final build, i used the same idea but made a better version, coming soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the rear end, for cable intakes i made bumper and exhaust type ends.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the chrome partts are all sink drain pipes etc.. all santitation dept. buys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these chrome parts are also, from the sani dept. bendable chromed copper pipe for sinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    fromt bumper, a huge mouse with this concept needs one
    [​IMG]
    it was hard getting the holes at the right angle so that i could jsut slide this chrome baby through.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    made anew camera cover, matches the overall style better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i slavaged this panel from a left over case from last yeard dcmm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this cut out will then look like a tank cover but will be a modified enermax fan with the new idea of flags on it. a bit like an alfa romeo logo type of style. it cann easliy be removed to inspect the hatdrware too. the fan frame is removed so that it fits in the rosette, flansh or whatever you call this thing. its form a air ventilation pipe system for airconditioners, it was exatly right for the 120mm fan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

=Attachment&attachmentID=7442&h=01f8dfcae7fda798bd20bd61da3de162bb3bba4b
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i modified the case for my intended slot in how swap SSD holder. will be in the mid section so that all i have to do is remove the enermax grill if i want to exchange the SSD qhickly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    =Attachment&attachmentID=7470&h=f46643b16c8973724ad987a10d45583452eeb558
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the machine will have approx. 100 leds which have sound control. when playing music they all blink to the frequencies, here is the controller.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    didnt really like that you could llook in so made theis mesh up for the enermax backside, matches the whole theme better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. abbas-it

its putty. paste and paint time eeeeehhhhhhaaaaaa.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all broken down and ready for color.
    [​IMG]

more to come.

8. LegendaryScott

9. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

Subbed!!

Such a great job man!!!

It's very different to everything seen here, I love it!! Can't wait to see it finished

Congrats!

10. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Holy **** that is amazing abbas! Very original mod! The front looks like a POD Racer in some of the pics :) Can't wait to see where it goes next :)

subbed ofcourse!

11. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Wow nice progress from the last update. It's coming together nicely. Keep it up.

12. abbas-it

thanks guys, am really glad you like it, here are some pics,
    this one is really turing out better than i originally planned.
    and something is very funny though, nothing is going wrong ats all working out.
    thats strange.:duh:

so its putty paint and polish time, with abit of screwing together and wiring of course.

first though a lot of putty past and sanding, sanding like hell.
    [​IMG]

break down
    [​IMG]

thanks god we had good weather, first coat is done. the sanding again and another 12 :clap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

while the first few coats of paint were drying i could do a lott of fidjety little work.here is what i think is a nice feature, the mid chrome part is the saucer of a fondue grill set which i found in the kitchen, we can do without it i gues, but the COLOSSUS mission cant so i used it as the base in the mid of the fan cover i made. the flags on it in a cross and it looks great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    air inlets for the side, they have 40mmm fans behind them sucking in air for the smokers on top.made of sanitation pipes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    painted the inside to make it look cleaner.
    [​IMG]
    first coat on the sewing machine hinges
    [​IMG]
    i extended the music controller mic with a wire to have it nearer to the loduspeckers afterwards.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    switch for the chestburster camera
    [​IMG]
    first coats of paint on the lawnmower wheel,,, eh sorry i mean scroll wheel
    [​IMG]
    these are the results after 4 coats, sanded again and did more though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the COLOSSUS LOGO FAN COVER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry i cant make amod without a skull. wouldnt be me.:rolleyes: but this ones hidden a bit anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sanded again and painted again sanded again and painted again [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

while the woods are drying i did the case itself in black too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the mouse base first coats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first hardware tests and installation.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i then had the diea not to sleeve the wires in the conventional way but to use rubber stretchy plumber tape, its matt and looks a bit like the motorbike exhaust insulation, mathes the concept, even though you can only see it when the case is open.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page...05&h=c0c7b791c48da1a71822089d9e62a17b152e67d8

stuck on the first chrome parts and chrome tapes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    first LEDS stuck and wired in.

[​IMG]

in various places like the rear spolier i used aluminium tape as reflection backgrounding to get the max of led light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i didnt like the screw look in alu so i painted all the heads black, looks much better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    black and chrome is simply unbeatable, i love this look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all together this baby has about 100 LEDS in three acoustic channels, all red though.

[​IMG]
    more reflector tape
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ****, i forgot the smoker holes,, oops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these smokers need 12 volts and can be half filled to produce a little wisp of smoke for over 15 minutes, just for the DCMM show. they are ususally used for model trians.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    keyboard still fits, inspite of the paint:clap:
    [​IMG]
    first smoker tests.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    first camera limit settings test, its that thing with the white parts up friont, will be blackened later though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    =Attachment&attachmentID=7720&h=a937e676cde6566e9c0a2e9052149e6bc67b4f31

i am really really happy how good the wheel turned out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]h
    [​IMG]tt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]p:/
    [​IMG]/we-
    [​IMG]mod-it.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=7725&h=06e312bbe73f24592cc6fc082198e10ee0190902[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come..

13. abbas-it

am slowly getting there.
    had to sand the chrome bar holes to get it back in, but was no real problem.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    light wiring, sound wiring, peripherie wiring, switches and all the other wiring

so much wiring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come..

Waynio likes this.
  14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::D:rock::hip::clap:

I am very amazed yet again. :D

15. LegendaryScott

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:jawdrop:
    I know I gave you a :homerdrool: earlier so will have to do two now after paint etc

looks truly awesome mate

16. abbas-it

thx legendaryscott. here are some more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next post, final pics.

17. abbas-it

hi guys, update coming this weekend

18. abbas-it

so guys, its time i showed you what this case turned out to be.
    its a world record, as the largest fully functional computer mouse the world has ever seen.
    the most unbelievable thing is though that even though Guinness admits its the largest they have ever seen that actually works fully, they refuse to give it the guinness blessing because its not athe exact replica of a commercially in the market available computer mouse. do you understand what i mean, i always thought that the spirtit of guinness was driven by the achievement, the unique achievement, like the biggest, smallest, fastest slowest etc.. but apparentyl guinness is a bunch of commercially driven burocrats now and all they want to do is financially profit from the industry getting involved. i sen them all the evidence, even the videos you will see in this post, but they stood to their opinion of if its not a commercially availabale replica, then it not a record. is very dissapointing.

to the shame of guinnes for being fraudulent farceing phonies, they hopefully know that my D.C.M.M. COLOSSUS wnt to the annual DCMM in cologne at the gamescom and not only won 2 x Silver for best casemod and most spectacular mod, but was also internationally recognise d by the press, tv and other media along with the 340.000 gamescom folks as the largest computer mouse the world has ever seen. the Guinness arrogance will be their own downfall. they admit its if fully funcitional and more than 10 x bigger but just because i didnt let them earn money by inviting in a sponsor who pay for getting an judge to germany at the gamescom for which they want 5700 euros, they dont recognise it.
    its a gamescom and world record whether they like it or not. phoney mob they are.

proof with PCGH interview sent via post, for nothing. the achievement doesnt interest them if the cant make money.
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?
    page=Attachment&attachmentID=7877&h=be5325581da7175473e153e0a6e70553dada8d23

the journalists of PCGH /PC GAMES HARDWARE, a german magazine witnessed and signed the Guinness papers. thanks to them guys for their support.
    [​IMG]

here are the pictures they made and also the witness video with which everything was proved.

www.pcgh.de

ladies and gentlemen, may i introduce the D.C.M.M. COLOSSUS, the worlds largest fully functional world record sized computer mouse. 26cmx68cmx97cm in sze, 21,5 kilos of muscle steel and sex appeal. it hold a full fledge computer, extractable webcam and loudspeakers and keyboard. it is hence the computer which its own usb controller is stuck to and actually moves its own cursor ITS A WORLD RECORD COMPUTER MOUSE video at the end
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2013
  19. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

Awesome. Just awesome. Great work man. Can't decide what I like most about it... errr...everything! So creative... :clap:

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Playing a game with that mighty mouse would be quite a workout, :D awesome creativity abbas, looks like it functions nicely too. :D:clap:

Guinness missed out on one awesome looking mighty mouse there.