1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor UK delivery

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by keithed, 21 Jan 2012.

1. keithed

keithed What's a Dremel?

Placed my first order (and possibly my last!) with Aquatuning the main reason being that they had my items in stock whereas other internet suppliers did not. I didn't realise at first that I was dealing with a German company (i was fooled by the union jack flag amd the .co.uk) and that there would be extra delays with the shipping. My biggest complain however is that once you have placed you order and paid upfront, there does not appear to be much follow up from Aquatuning in terms of tracking your order delivery .. No tracking number, no notification as to if or when the order will be shipped, no response from email requests. It has been a week since I placed my order and payment by bank transfer was accepted but I still have not received my goods (despite indications that delivery would be in 3-5 days by Royal Mail).

update : I did eventually did get notification that my order was delayed due to an item being out of stock ... this was especially anoying as I made sure all items were in stock before I placed the order. Also it was only my enquiery by email that gleaned this bit of information, there was nothing on my account details this indicated there was a hold up in delivery!

They have indicated that they will part ship my order however I am still waiting (25th Jan) having placed my order 15th Jan. Very dissapointing so far, I just want the parts so that I can get on with my build.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2012
  2. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I can't say I have ever had an issue with aquatuning, always reliable, always fast delivery. I have never paid by bank transfer always with PayPal or card, but usually I'd order in the morning it is shipped out that night and i am sent tracking info for ups. Turns up 2 days later

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

3. keithed

keithed What's a Dremel?

Turns out there is a delay with my order because one of the items is out of stock ! . Very annoying considering I took special care that all items appeared to have good stock levels before I placed my order. Also I would still be here wondering where my order was if I hadn't sent an enquiring email .. there was nothing indicating a delay on my account details. I am still waiting for delivery ( order placed on 15th) although they have agreed to send my part order. Alltogether not a happy experience when you just want to get your parts asap so you can complete your build!

4. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Hi Keith,

Because we operate several web shops if a customer checks out before you he may take the item out of stock before you check out. This is something we are working on at the moment.

Please contact info AT aquatuning .co.uk when you need to place your next order and we will offer you some freebie items or a discount on your order.

5. keithed

keithed What's a Dremel?

Delivery (or not!) update

I have at last received information to say that my order is on it's way, however despite being given a tracking number by email on the 27th and the details on website under my account indicating that the order was despatched on the 25th, I still have not received my goods (now 30th Jan pm). What is also worrying is that the tracking number for Royal Mail is indicating that no parcel has been received at the depot (and has been indicating this since I received it on the 27th).

If anyone from Aquatuning is out there reading this I would be much obliged if you could tell me what is going on? , as I'm fast reaching the end of my tether!

6. aquatuning

Hi,

Please check your tracking information you should be able to see the updates.

7. Blackjack Davy

Blackjack Davy What's a Dremel?

I'm starting to regret ordering from these people too. I ordered some things on friday 8th june, I got an email on monday 11th june stating it had been despatched... I'm still waiting.

Wish I'd paid via credit card. Sigh.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2012
  8. aquatuning

what is your order number and i will check into this for you?

9. Blackjack Davy

Thanks, I'lll send you the details via the email system here.

10. aquatuning

Hi,

I have checked your order and you selected standard delivery that can take up to 7 working days so the parcel is still in the delivery time. I remember posting this personally so I would think you should see it today.

11. Blackjack Davy

It's finally arrived a day short of 2 weeks after I ordered it!

A couple of points: your website doesn't have enough fields to enter all the address details correctly I had to double up squeezing 2 lines of address into 1 field several times, not ideal and I omitted the county too without realising it as theres nowhere to enter it correctly.

Secondly the address label itself was seriously flawed the name of my town has been severely truncated and the Postcode I know that I entered is missing entirely! Someone, presumably the sorting office has written the postcode several times in biro over the plastic address label cover.

So there was only the the house number, street, truncated verson of the town (both of which were in the wrong order) and the country on the address label! This messed up delivery label may well account for the delay in delivery.

Something to bear in mind fyi. Anyway I'm just glad it arrived here eventually.

edit: just checked the Royal Mail 1st class postage label and it's print dated the 16th of June, last saturday over a week after I ordered it and 5 days after the email stated it had been dispatched! Something funny going on for sure.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2012
  12. nathkrul

nathkrul What's a Dremel?

Totally agree with poor UK delivery, I've had 3 delivery's from a proper UK based company in the time it has taken Aqua tuning to just pack my items.

Disgraceful, to be honest, only wish I had read these forums prior to ordering :(
    But you live and learn :) I'll make sure not to order from these again.

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Tbh they ship from europe and they have always made delivery options clear. if I needed something quick then id choose a faster option.

14. aquatuning

Hi guys to give you an insight on how our delivery options work we will shortly be publishing more information in a series of videos on how to use the website etc.

Regarding your points Blackjack we are looking in to how this can be improved.

But to clear this up before the videos are posted I will offer a brief description on how we work.

Delivery types you can select are as follows:

Standard & Secure - typical delivery time 3-7 working days (not including weekends). This is what we call a "mass transit" where several smaller orders are collected and put in to a larger box and shipped to me the in the UK. From here I take the parcels down to the post office for dispatch on the same day I receive them. This is why you get a dispatch e-mail then a few days later a RM tracking number.

If your order is at the end of the Mass transit collection you will get your order quicker as it will be the last to be put in the box. If it is at the start of the collection and there are not many orders using this delivery method then it can take longer. This the chance you take with the delivery time but the benefit is the lower postage price.

UPS 2-3 days - provided the item is in stock then this will ship the same day if order are placed by 3pm taking on average 2-3 days. Directly from Germany to you.

UPS next day - expensive next day service where orders need to be placed by 12.

15. Thechancer

Thechancer What's a Dremel?

AHEM Swiss address here, seems my order was bumbled, 15days, 7 emails, 2 phone calls, customer care seem to try, but like to close with "ohh, there it is we found it ok we will email you withing 1 hour"**end phone call** and don't follow up. So the system that was an issue 5 years ago?? is still bad...
    Trying to gather info on how to remedy this on my own, before involving the bank.. How the hell that search led here i will never know, lol...

Still somewhat relevant i guess.

Peace