1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Car Bluetooth Help!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by User-sam, 6 Feb 2017.

1. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

Hi Guys,

Bit of an odd tech support request, but you guys have always been awesome so thought I would ask for some advice. I have also posted this on the VWAF forum.

I recently purchased my first ever VW and decided to go with a MK6 golf GTI, so far I absolutely love the car but my one little.. niggle is that the car has no Bluetooth!

From my understanding the car has an RNS 510 radio fitted with SAT NAV but does not have Bluetooth fitted. It also has the VW Touch Phone Kit installed.

I have tried various forums and calling various people for help but found this topic to be a bit of a minefield!

All I simply want is the ability to stream music from my iPhone 6+ to the car, I can make a call with the VW TPK but am unable to stream music. I have spoken to VW Parts and they have assured me it should be able to play music but they want to charge me £100 just to look at it!

From what I have read on the forums you need an AUX lead that goes from the RNS 510 into the audio on the VW Bluetooth interface. I'm more than confident updating the Bluetooth interface if needed as I work in I.T but a little less assured stripping apart the car's dash to get access to it.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sam