1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How will World of Warcraft end?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 19 Aug 2009.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Ok,

here's a question: what will nd the World of Warcraft? I mean it's humongously popular and people will continue to play it for ages more. What's going to cause it to end? A new MMO? People all just get bored? What about all the social ties that people have made?

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

It well never end ever.......The closest it would come to ending is WoW2 but that would just mean players moving from the old game to the new game. Most likely what will happen when FFXIV arrives, FFXI will no longer get supported and players will migrate :)

3. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

i think the only time that the game will end is when blizzard finally close the servers. Something i can't see happening for a long, long time.

4. UnFixed

UnFixed Unknown

i don't see it ending unless blizzard breaks various parts of the game.

5. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Hopefully it will end very very very soon and very abruptly so all the sad people that play it can go and play a decent game such as Guild Wars :)

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Think about it, Starcraft hasn't ended yet.

7. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Yeeaaaa, it's not gonna end. Ever. There are still ultima shards kicking around so even if Blizzard did close the servers [but why would they?] then private ones will pop up to replace them.

8. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

I reckon it will only end after like another 10 years when the technology behind it is so dated they wont have new players starting so that as older players move on the servers will over time become less populated. With people to game with others may leave or when itz just such higher levels they may give up.

Would be a very slow process.

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Well...

Warcraft.. warcraftII... warcraftIII.... WoW....

Guess what may come next?

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

One day the servers will be off.

That's their big end. A few million gamers raging on forums while they laugh their genitalia and socks right off.

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Rocks fall everyone dies. Global TPK.

At least, that's how many of our D&D games ended. Seriously though, it'll end when WoW2 is released and too few people remain on the old servers for it to be profitable/make business sense.

12. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I've just bought WOTLK to play with my friend, so not yet plx :p

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

it will end when 9million people suddenly realise they wasted their time and money and play some other games for once.

in all seriousness though it will probably never end, which is one of the reasons i'll never play it. beginning, middle, end please. not middle middle middle middle

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I doubt there will be a WoW 2. Just a higher version number. I'm pretty sure they suggested a while ago they are updating the graphics in a major update sometime in the future.

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

The next expansion, following the death of the lich king in the last 3.x patch is rumoured to be in The Great Dream, through the Seradene portal and the others like it.

I'm already bored of it. The game only really has content for high end raiders, which consumes your life, and the content leading up to it keeps getting streamlined so you can do it quicker, but every time its streamlined, its less interesting and so I've pretty much given up on it.

You can now get a mount at 20. Been much needed but there used to be cool quests to get the mounts, which are now obsolete as you can just buy the skill.

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Everquest is still going, isn't it? That's been around for about ten years, and has a fraction of the number of subscribers that WoW does.

I think it'll just continue to grow until our robotic overlords use it to enslave the population while using our bodies as giant batteries...:p

17. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Its 1 of those games that will probably never die, The user base is so huge there'll always be people to keep it running after blizzard close it. Until its own user base get bored blizzard are just going to keep going to sleep at night on the huuuuuuuge pile of cash they get from it. Ive never played it but tbh im not a huge lover of any mmo Ive yet to find 1 that doesnt become a grindfest.

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

link it to girl nerd dating site and thatll topple it.

it will end sometime maybe people will start getting bored of it in the next few years. id say it pretty daunting to a new comer and as the current base grows and gets to the higher level the feeling will get worse

youll always have a few die hard fans tho, espically in a game like this

19. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

easy, eve will hang around a gate and pod it.

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I imagine someone presses the wrong button, bam, everyone's characters disappear, and can't be retrieved. People who keep on playing because they've spent so much time on the game and don't want to stop playing (which I would say is most people, even if they don't realise it's the real reason they keep playing). Then, most people will no longer have any reason to play the game any more and it will die.