1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases ANTEC AT COMPUTEX... WITH A FERRARI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acemodder, 3 Jun 2014.

1. acemodder

acemodder Official Antec Rep

***PRESS RELEASE***
    Computex 2014: Antec presents new power supplies and enclosures for PC enthusiasts

Check out the new products in Nangang hall, booth No. J0618
    In the year of their 28th anniversary, Antec Inc., a leading provider of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself market, will present numerous innovations over the course of this year's 2014 Computex exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan. From 3th to 7th June 2014, Antec’s new products will be showcased at booth J0618 in Nangang Hall. Among them are the latest models from the Performance One, and ISK series of enclosures, the innovative and in-house designed Kühler H2Oliquid CPU coolers, the new High Current Pro Platinum power supplies, and the brand new EDGE power supply range.

The new Antec EDGE series PSUs are built with noise-reducing components. The EDGE series PSUs features a fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) fan with white LED lighting, which operates nearly silent at all speeds. Furthermore, EDGE series PSUs provide guaranteed stable output for efficient and reliable system performance, are Haswell-ready, compatible with the new ATX12V 2.4 standard, covered by Antec’s five-year warranty. The series contains 4 models, each delivering 550, 650, 750, and 850 watts of continuous Power, respectively. All models are 80 PLUS® Gold certified, achieving an efficiency of up to 92 percent. High-performance Japanese capacitors provide a stable and safe DC output. Sufficient PCI Express port connectors make EDGE the ideal PSU for high-end gamers and enthusiasts.
    Antec’s High Current Pro Platinum PSUs are fully modular with a revolutionary 20 +8 pin MBU socket for the future. 80 PLUS® PLATINUM and ErP Lot 6: 2013 certifications ensure maximum power efficiency. An innovative 16-pin socket allows for more flexibility by doubling the modular connection options with different 8-pin plugs and possible future plugs with 10, 12, 14 or 16-pin. The 750, 850, 1000, and 1300 Watt models will be on display at Computex.

Also on display at the show will be the 80 PLUS® gold-certified TruePower Classic power supply series, in 550, 650, and 750 Watts. All models are equipped with whisper-quiet double ball-bearing fans and Thermal Manager to control heat and fan noise. Two High Current +12 V rails support entire systems, making the TruePower Classic a good and inexpensive option. Like all other Antec PSU series, the TruePower Classic PSUs are equipped with the Circuit Shield™ suite of industrial-grade protection.
    Antec’s featured enclosures include the ISK600M and the P380. The ISK600M is a compact and robust Micro-ATX case. The frame measures 29cm in height, 27.5cm in width, and 34cm in depth. The chassis is made of 0.8mm cold-rolled steel and features an elegant brushed aluminum front panel. The enclosure has space for graphics cards up to 11.5" length (a total of two expansion slots), a CPU cooler with a maximum height of 17cm, and six drive bays (three 3.5"bays, three 2.5" bays and one bay for a slim optical drive). A total of four fan mounts (three 120mm, one 140mm) ensure sufficient cooling. The ISK600M could serve as a conventional PC, gaming rig, or home theatre device and media center, but is also well-suited for professional users and system providers looking for a small-format solution.

The P380 is a successful blend of the stylish design, sophisticated cooling and proven Quiet Computing™ features of Antec’s award-winning Performance One enclosure series. Like all models in the series, the P380 is equipped with double-layered noise-dampening side panels, creating a system that is almost inaudible even when the fans are spinning at a high speed. The P380 is compatible with CEB and standard ATX motherboards. The elegant aluminum front panel features two well-placed USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, and audio in/out jacks. The case boasts one slim optical drive bay, three anti-vibration 3.5" removable drive cages (nine 3.5" HDD bays) and a special 2.5" HDD/SSD drive cage.
    Antec will also be displaying the next generation of its Kühler H2O line-up of easy to install and maintenance-free liquid CPU coolers. There are currently three models available, the H2O 650, 950 and 1250. All are equipped with high-quality copper cooling plates for excellent heat transfer, and an extra-large built-in radiator pump for efficient transport of fluid through the heat sink. The integrated PWM fans adjust speed according to the temperature. The Kühler H2O line ensures Quiet Computing™ with an excellent price-performance ratio.
    About Antec

Since 1986, Antec, Inc. has been a global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, being the pioneer and market leader for quiet, efficient and innovative products such as the P280 and SOLO II enclosures as well as for their award-winning PSUs, boasting the lowest returns in the industry.
    Antec continues to further the industry with performance-rich enclosures, efficient power supplies, reliable cooling components, the cutting-edge Antec Advance accessories line, and the Antec Mobile Products (A.M.P).
    Antec is headquartered in Fremont, California, with additional offices in Netherlands, Germany, China and Taiwan.

Firstly we are launching 2 new cases.
    First one being a watercooling case, with support for dual 360 radiators and a fan hub. A brilliant yet subtle front design adds a pure look of class!

Antec P380 Series Case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a nice Antec Ferrari (I've ask if this is my new company car, I've been met with silence, sadly)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I suppose I best put some pictures up of the stand itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New EDGE series PSU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also have the new ISK600M, which is mATX. The only image I have at the moment is.... but the cooling options are brilliant! 3 x 120mm and 1 x 140mm

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Jun 2014
  2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Like the new case looking much better inside the case as well

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Awesome effort at Computex. I like the look of some of those new products. Is that an aluminium front bezel I see on the ISK600M? Please tell me it's brushed aluminium!

Could you add some paragraph breaks to the text at the top of the post?

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

That watercooling case is lovely. Not sure what the point of the Ferrari was though? Poor use of PR cash IMHO!

5. Unicorn

The Ferrari is a marketing tool, Parge. It's there to grab the attention of passers-by and I'd say it worked a treat. Whether it's a waste of money or not is a whole other discussion, but I'm pretty sure the cost of that is a mere drop in the ocean that is Antec's global marketing budget!

Disregard my previous question about the material - I read the post and it seems that it is indeed aluminium, as is the bezel of the P380. I am very glad to see Antec using aluminium in their cases again! Both look fantastic; I think i'll pick up one of each to try out as soon as they're available :)

Last edited: 3 Jun 2014
  6. acemodder

Some more images here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the ISK600M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Meh, no babes with Antec bikini's or swimsuits draped over the Ferrari (or anything else!). Seriously though, the Antec cases are really looking nice. Especially the P380, I count count 9 3.5inch drive bay plus an extra 3 if you can get a spare cage. I'm adding another RAID array soon so this could be a contender for my next case.

Good to see Antec putting together classy looking cases again, as I personally feel that over the last few years the styling has been behind the likes of Corsair.

8. Unicorn

I agree with this. They've been way behind Corsair and even further behind Lian-Li and Silverstone. I also lamented the lack of aluminium construction in favour of plastic and steel for their cases in recent years, so the return of some alu is great to see.

9. acemodder

10. acemodder

11. acemodder

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Well hello there, orange case.... Aren't you looking pretty...

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

***Personal Opinion Incoming***

Sorry but the money used for the Ferrari should have been used to employ some better designers, as those cases are poorly designed if they are aimed at watercooling users by the looks of it.

I know Antec have pretty much always been about airflow or silence, and I think that is what you should stick to because the watercooling cases are just not working for me.

If I want a watercooling case the first companies I think off is either Corsair or Silverstone, if I want a case that would be good for air cooling and watercooling I think of the likes of Coolermaster or NZXT, and if I want a case that is all about air cooling then I think off Antec and Coolermaster.

Whilst I know that you cannot go copying the designs of other manufacturers for your cases but I really think you need, to look at what they do and tweak it to make it better.

As I said at the top this is my opinion and people may not agree with it and some might, but please put more effort in to them.

14. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Why can't Antec design both?