1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Movable projector mounts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by airchie, 16 Jul 2009.

1. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

I have an interesting issue at work and wondered if anyone had solved a similar issue and may be able to shed some light.

We have three collaboration rooms being set up, each has a large projector which is going to be above a large table which weighs over a quarter of a tonne!
    When we need to swap a bulb in the projector, we need to set up scaffolding over the table with arm-rails etc due to the HSSE issues involved with working at height.

I was thinking, what would be easier is to have the projectors mounted on some sort of rig that allows the projector to swing down to a safe height beside the desk.
    Just like a basic hinged arm, preferably powered, that can be operated to bring the projector to an easy to access position for maintenance and then can be activated to place it back in it's active position on the roof.

Anyone seen anything like that?

2. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Bump?
    Am I seeking the holy-grail of projector mounts that nobody's invented yet? :D

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Why is the projector so bloody big!?!

Sorry, no idea about your question though. :)

4. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

er i think it's the table that weighs 250kg, and is therefore unmovable to allow for more easy access to PJ.
    but i can't think of anything to help here.

6. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Yep, you're right Fod.
    The problem is that the projector is directly above the table and the table is HEAVY.
    Normally that would be perfect, just stand on the table and change the bulb.

But, in this HSSE-addicted time we live in, that's deemed unsafe.
    So we have to go arrange scaffolding with a handrail to go over the table to change the bulb... :duh:

I was hoping to find something that can swing down the projector so its easily accessable for simple maintenance like swapping bulbs etc.

Thanks for the link Sp, I'll check it out... :)

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you know, you could just, move the projector to the other end of the room?

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Not sure it would work due to the size/shape of the room, hence the over-elaborate option of moving projector mount or scaffolding over a table... :D

Tags: