1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with my new build?

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by nickyc95, 20 May 2012.

1. nickyc95

nickyc95 What's a Dremel?

Hi there i just built my new machine yesterday, the components are:

Intel core i7 2600k
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe r3
    G Skill Ripjaws X Ram (2x 4GB)
    Corsair GS700 Psu

The problem that i am having is that the PC cannot get past "Windows is loading", it just changes to a black screen and all fans speed up.

I have tried multiple methods such as resetting Cmos, removing ram, changing bios (Basic changes), Resetting Bios, reinstalling windows (same error each time), ect.

I need to know if the GS700 psu from corsair is compatable with the Asus p8p67 deluxe r3, as i have read a few forum posts from different sites saying that once they changed the PSU it worked perfectly. The only problem is, is that i dont have a spare PSU laying around to test it with.

Can anyone provide me with some support or answers?
    Is it worth me sending the PSU back and buying a different one?

i just dont know what to do anymore.

Hope to hear from the community soon.

Thanks

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You may be better to post this in the hardware section on the forum.

Apophis54 and Carrie like this.
  3. Dan @ CCL

Dan @ CCL What's a Dremel?

Hi nickyc95,

If the components are ones bought from us, I'd give our technical team a shout on 01274 471204 or technical@cclonline.com

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Check that your power connectors are seated properly and the like. Also make sure there isn't anything wrong in bios, if it's black-screening on Boot; that means it's completely failing to boot at all, basically a minature blue-screen. (I'm assuming you've reinstalled windows. If not; that might be the cause.), Also try upping the amount of voltage the ram is using. It's highly probable that the Gskill Ripjaws stuff wants 1.65V, but Intel only set their default to 1.5, not much, but it can cause instability.

5. Reddax

Reddax What's a Dremel?

The black screen and all fans spinning up sounds like some kind of hardware issue, as .//TuNdRa said, "Check that your power connectors are seated properly" :)