1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Driver: San Francisco Multiplayer Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

oooo, tempted to go and dig out the ps1 and the original driver games!

3. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

Tag mode.. Sounds like GTI Club's Bomb Tag.. Shifting sounds interesting thou' almost like something from the Matrix :|

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the most important question: how does the handling feel?

Driver 1, the game that made its name, has the best car handling ever. no, it's not realistic, but it was most fun you'll ever have with a car game. do the wheel cover still fly off as you corner? is the wheelspin button still there?

5. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

No mention of the always on Internet connection required?

6. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

I foresee that this game will get a review of 65%.

Any other takers?

7. G_Man_007

G_Man_007 What's a Dremel?

I take you guys aren't yet aware of the news that the PC vesion of D:SF will have the full UbiDRM, and that apparantly the console versions will have gubbins that prevent second hand sales, according to Ubi's own Twitter announcements. Shame, I was intrigued enough to be interested; I loved the first game.

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Tag mode its not really new its been kicking about in forza motorsport for a while...

9. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

I probally know the answer to this but does it have LAN play? As in no internet connection?

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Always online DRM and no steering wheel support.

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I remember the first couple of games, I thought they sucked. I will have to wait and see how this turns out.

12. Helz

Helz What's a Dremel?

I loved the first Driver. It was one of the best driving games I ever played. It was sort of like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, except the cop chases were more fun and it took place on city streets. It was challenging to. I remember the test to see if you could be a getaway driver at the beginning of the story required you to spend a good 30 minutes to an hour driving around in a parking garage while the game judged you on your turning and braking skills :p

Then the second game came along and introduced the "on foot" mode, along with a bunch of running around (instead of driving!?!), tacked on hand to hand combat for some reason, and overall became one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever played. The third one was even worse.

This preview brought back old memories, but unless they went back to square one, I don't have high hopes.

13. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Used to play tag on driver 2 splitscreen with my sister on the ps1. Has this got anything to do with the original driver series other than the name.

14. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I have very fond memories of the first PS1 game. The way the cars crunched, cops tried to block you in, hubcaps went flying and the general sense of speed and handling to the cars had really made it amazing to just drive around in the free play modes. The story mode wasn't half bad either.

15. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

the tag mode was originally seen in midnight club 2, though it was a bomb and not a flag, but none the less im eagerly awaiting driver SF.

16. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

what? You don't keep up on your game news, do you?

17. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Word - The original Driver was frikkin awesome. God that makes me wish my PS1 and PS2 weren't both dead....saw the preorder announcement for this on Steam a while back. Seemed intriguing then...but UbiDRM? Can't do it...I won't spend a dime on Ubisoft games until they realize their DRM systems suck hard. They won't stop until the point gets across that the DRM is worse than the piracy. Once they start losing more money over their draconian DRM than they perceive they're losing to piracy, maybe they'll wise up. But who am I kidding? Now, any bad quarter they have is the pirates' fault, right? It couldn't be because they've pissed off every gamer on the planet by now.

18. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags