1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia launches Gear Up game bundle offer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

AMD's offer is more attractive to me, personally.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My best mate will be annoyed as he got a 670 not long ago and plays all 3...

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Depends what you play i guess. All 3 titles are popular in the F2P market.

5. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Their page only lists the "selected retailers" for four countries: UK, Sweden, Finland and Norway.
    Those hardly cover the EMEA region, or even Europe. Are they going to add more?

Also, when will this campaign start?

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Pass: Nvidia's official press release states the areas mentioned in the article, but doesn't provide a link to anywhere but the US claim page. The page you've linked to, meanwhile, is on GeForce.co.uk - so I'm surprised it has *anything* other than UK and IE retailers on it.

The campaign started on Monday in the US, so any purchases from today onwards internationally are valid.

7. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

In order to claim the in-game bonuses, you have to have a code. That code you get from a coupon that supposedly comes with the graphics card. But that's not guaranteed, so not every single purchase from tomorrow morning onwards till April 30th is eligible.

Even on their site they say: "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the coupon is included."

So people, don't rush to the stores to get any GeForce 650 and up card thinking you'll automatically get the bonuses. Look for the coupon, or ask for one.

8. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Bundling games with GFX cards will not make me buy from either Nvidia or ATi. The quality of the card, drivers and performance and positive reviews here of course help me choose which card to buy. That has often than not guided me to a Nvidia card. The rest is just filler.

9. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

This does actually tempt me, but only because I was looking at getting a 650 or 660 and I play PS2 & WOT pretty much exclusively these days.

I might have to save a bit of cash after my NY trip this week.

10. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Well if anyone here pics up a code and doesn't want it, I could really do with some more WoT gold for... umm... science.

11. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Since yesterday, another retailer from Denmark has been listed on the promotion's page.

There's another issue that hasn't been clarified: whether buying two cards for an SLI setup grants you twice the bonuses. It would only be fair, since you're paying double the money and the second card, had it been bought by another person would be eligible for a bonus too.
    Their terms and conditions page only says: "Limit one offer per person per transaction." Is this legalese for: you only get the bonus one, no matter how many cards you buy?