1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling xfx dd 7950 and cooling / power requirements

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atc95, 9 Apr 2013.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I have a xfx 7950 dd (specifically this one http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-...u-800mhz-dvi-dvi-hdmi-mdp-pluscrossfire-offer)

I understand that this is a non-reference pcb and so what waterblocks will fit it, judging by the power connectors (1x8pin and 1x6pin) it is very similar to a 7970 pcb so will a 7970 waterblock fit?

Also I plan on adding another gpu at some point in the future and due to my small case the only way to do this is if the new gpu is single slot, I know a waterblock makes it single slot but are there any pcie brackets that are single slot that can be put on instead or is my only solution to :dremel: the bracket so it is single slot and void the warranty?

3rd and final question: My final rig will be as below but with a coolermaster eisberg cpu block/pump, a micro reservoir (the tiny swiftech one) and 2 120mm rads and a 180/140mm rad depending on remaining space. Will this be enough to cool a i5 3550 and 2x 7950s overclocked? If so would it then cope with an upgrade to a 3570k and possibly 2 x 7970s?

For the i5 3550 and 2 x 7950s, is my 700w ocz modxstream pro enough, it has enough connectors but not sure on wattage.

Thanks for all the help,
    atc95