1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nescafe, 3 Mar 2017.

1. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Hiya guys. Well i have just moved house and got a dedicated gaming room but due to shift work i often play late at night. I currently run some logitech z2300 Speakers but now looking for some decent headphones to keep on the good side of the neighbors.
    I am a bit behind the times when it comes to headphones so i was wondering what you guys are running nowadays and what would you recommend? My soundcard is a Xonar D2.

2. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Ok im looking to spend around £100. Dont mind buying second hand and spending £100.
    Not worried about blocking out back ground noise. I will be using them with my oculus rift so no mic needed really but if its better than the rift mic then i will use it. I suppose wireless would be better bet.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Everybodies ears are different, what sounds acceptable to some, will not to be to others. I've had amixed experience with wireless headphones. If your looking at the conventional RF type (Rdio Frequency) you will find sound quality and volume generally ok. They will be lacking in bass, agree they are cheaper.

If your looking a bluetoothe these are much better. I've heard some Sennhiesers and they are stunning, nice tight bass but not over poweringly so, clear mids and highs, generally a nice pair to use. The only downside and this goes along with the RF type too is that you need to remember to charge the battery, nothing worse than getting to an intense part of whatever game you happen to be playing and you loose your sound, not cool ! :(

I'd personally stick with wired, no need to mess about with changing batteries. Brand wise, well the world is your oyester there. If you can go out to some local shops and listen to few sets of cans before commiting to buying something and then finding after buying online you don't like them.

It really depends on what you want audio wise too. Me personally I'll go for something that has a very strong bass, others prefer something thats very natural sounding and balanced. Then it also begs the question do you want a set designed for gaming, as in my eyes some of them look bloody awful - but thats just me showing my age, I'll be 36 this year, I guess 16 year old me back in the day would love some of the wild designs they are coming out with now.

My only actual gaming set, and I'm not sure if I still have them are almost 9 years old now, Creative Fatality something or other, I think I won then on a forum competition. They are very comfortable and I think at the time they retailed for sale at around £40 and audio quality wise I was rather happy with them. The inbuilt mic on them wasn't too bad either. Very comfortable too as they had felt lined ear cups.

4. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

I still got my pair of Fatalitys as i use them with my tablet. I also have a pair of coolermaster Storm Pulse R phones but was wondering what everyone else is using nowadays. I do like phones that pack a nice punch.

5. Behemoth

6. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

HyperX Cloud/Cloud II are both really good for the price.
    There's also a half decent selection of cans in the Amazon Warehouse deals.

7. Behemoth

I'm assuming HyperX is a Kingston brand ?