1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buildlog: Red Dwarf - Define Mini C with full custom hardline loop

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Junatic, 18 Apr 2017.

1. Junatic

Junatic What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone,

I am Junatic and in this thread, i would like to show you my recent project i am working on. I am working in a german forum where i got my hands on a Fractal Design Define Mini C for a review.
    Because Fractal Design was claiming that the Define Mini C has superior watercooling support, i thought about installing a full custom loop inside the case to test their claims.

To do this, i gathered some partners, wich i would like to thank before i keep going:
    MSI - for providing the motherboard
    Fractal Design - for providing the case
    Alphacool/Aquatuning - for providing all the gear and materials for the custom loop

The first thing i had to do, was to unpack the giant package wich came from Alphacool.

[​IMG]

Really a lot of stuff was inside, but i was already knowing, that these parts won't be the last parts i need from Alphacool.
    It was like a very early or very late christimas for me, going trough all the parts and i would like to show them step by step.

The first thing i unpacked, was the Alphacool Eisplateau, wich is a big anti static workmat. To make this mat perfect for watercooling it has various fitting or fan sizes or different radiator specs, printed on it.

[​IMG]

The next parts i unpacked, where the radiators. The Fractal Design Define Mini C is a quite small case, but you can fit two 240mm radiators in it.
    I choosed the Alphacool NexXxoS and the NexXxoS X-Flow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To get enough air to the rads, i got the Alphacool NB-Eloop 120mm fans. Since i have two 240mm rads, i need four fans.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After that, i opened up the reservoir and my pump.

[​IMG]

The Pump is the new Alphacool Eispumpe-VPP775 and the reservoir is the Alphacool Eisbecher with the D5 Combo Kit to mount everything together.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thats it for now for part 1. In the next update, i am going to unpack the rest of the package and start installing the hardware in the Define Mini C.

Best regrads
    Junatic

2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Any update on this? Just got this case myself and put an AIO cooler in for now, but looking to build a custom loop in the not too distant future.