1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Progressive House Demo check it out

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 19 Nov 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Finally finished a track after a while learning the ins and outs of FL studio

I would like your opinion however harsh it might be, if you don't like house music your opinion probebly won't be that helpful i want people that like this genre

As said be honest i can take it like a man this was my very first attempt at a Full track

http://soundcloud.com/establish-1/establish-glory-daize

I hope i won't regret posting this :)

SMIFFYDUDE likes this.
  2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Not my kind of house, but it's not bad. I am no expert on this by any means so please take my comments with a pinch of salt, to me it seems very loud, as in the levels.

You may or may not like to know i've passed it onto a few of my friends who are big into house (a few are DJ's on radio stations / producers). I'll get back at you with / if they have any pointers.

3. DeadP1xels

Thanks buddy for both and passing it would be nice to get an opinion from somebody with more knowledge within the genre than me i appreciate that alot.

As for being loud im not sure if i could change that the melody at the start is pretty low down in the scales without it being flat and the bass being very deep

I'll take a look though see what happens :)

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Ok man, DJ Gee (of centro house music) is gonna check it and leave feedback, Sista Stroke couldn't comment as it's not her style. I'll hit a few others up as and when I see them.

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll listen to house if its on but I don't actively search for it. I'm really liking it. Good job! How long did something like this take to learn / make? I know from your past posts that you spent a lot of hours learning the program and messing around so I'm assuming this isn't something you just pick up in a few hours?

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I really love House and listen to it a LOT and do some djing as a pseudo income / hobby. It's alright, but to be brutally honest it doesn't really grab me much. If it was me, I would remix it with a stronger emphasis on the melody, chop it up a little in a couple spots for some dynamics and keep the beat a little stronger like in the beginning throughout only dropping / changing it up for the short breaks / build ups. If you could swing it at all, finding a good vocalist could really round it out. If not perhaps adding a counter melody.
    Or in other words I think it has promise, just needs some more polish on it to bring it out of the 'filler' category to something memorable.

7. DeadP1xels

Yeh i was thinking of adding a counter melody and maybe switching up the track arrangement a bit because the first break is kinda in the wrong place it happen by accident if im honest... i deleted the melody line without noticing it and when i played it back i really liked it so i tried to squeeze it in for my break

I might use it still but place a counter melody on top of it

Probebly the longest time taken was to create a good melody the entire track maybe took 5-6hours of work and tweaking and its still not finished :hehe:

The best way to learn something i think is search for a producer you like and see somebody try replicate the style just how they start and follow the same sort of process, in my case i watched avicii in the studio for future music magazine it was around 1 hour long and he made the entire track in that hour video (without mastering and tweaking sounds)

As i said i've probebly learnt at most 20% of the software theres alot you can do that only comes with doing it, your not going to learn it all till you put it into practice really .

The only thing is your always going to be trying to please yourself, you are the harshest critic and im not close to happy with the finished product but theres only so much i can do im not sure i would ever be happy 100% with it

Last edited: 20 Nov 2011
  8. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I like it, but it feels a little flat, you need a louder melody, and the notes need to carry on a little longer, they seem to cut off a little quick. I'm a music listener so I'm not sure I'm using the right terms, but keep working on it :D

9. DeadP1xels

I get what you mean

Thing is its almost too bright.... now what i mean by that is all the sounds are actually pretty high and uplifting but because of that they are all uniform and drown the melody out as much.

I may have a crack at remastering the entire track and rearranging it tommorow cleaning the entire mixer of effects and just go back to basics focusing on making the melody more apparent at the final stages of the track and make the opening drums a bit more intresting as there more basic than i had intended.

I would love to hear anymore feedback though fellas, as i said its my first proper attempt at a whole track before this it was just like 1 minute of a melody and drums :hehe:

Im happy with it as a first attempt but im starting to think i would like to take this a bit more seriously now ;)

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Please do, I would love to hear it :)

11. DeadP1xels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GpcCg3N0xc&context=C2337bADOEgsToPDskJVOjUE-axoVeZZK_Gs8NSu

Im not sure anyone cares but i have remixed the track removed all unessecary bass boosters or effects on my channels as i thought it sounded rather bloated and rearranged the break from right at the start to the middle where it is supposed to be

I was messing around with a second melody but it did'nt sound right to me and i think i'll leave this one as it is with the piano top line

Sounds alot better to me more free following less weight in terms of effects trying to make the instrumenets sound better and let the individual sound form the melody

12. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I don't know anything about House music but it sounds professionally made to me :thumb:

13. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Very fine track :) I like it! Subd, liked, and favorited (DJariko @ uTube). I've also tried to make a track on Fruity Loops (not huge succes, yet), thou' I'm more intrested on the mixing side, but don't have the time right now to get into that :p Maybe someday world will hear track From Revol "Beloved Lover" Devoleb ;)

Keep going! :thumb:

14. DeadP1xels

Thankyou :)

Thanks mate means alot

Yeh it takes alot of time to get into it properly when i first started i thought once i learnt it i would be banging music out by the shed load now i could do that but it would all sound pretty terrible a track usually takes about 5-6 hours of work over days for me :hehe: and even then im not happy.

If you make anything pm me i would love to hear it :rock:

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i like, but i found the intro dragging on a tad too long but all on to there own

16. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Cool I like the changes :D

17. DeadP1xels

Yeh it probebly did if anything

I may make an edit without some of that for the people that like to get straight to the point :D

18. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Added a few notes in Soundcloud, I'll summarize them here:

I rather like the track, but the mix and final EQ could use a bit of work. The whole thing sounds a little bit like you're inside a cardboard box - the mid-highs are all a bit muffled, compared to the bass.

In general, the bass line is a bit overpowering - it could use to be a little bit more subtle, in favor of the lower tones of the melody instruments.

You might want to run the track through a spectrum analyser, it sounds like there's a big hole between the voice instruments and the bass. Filling that in will give the piece a lot more presence.

DeadP1xels likes this.
  19. DeadP1xels

Thanks for all the tips bud!!

I will go over those :thumb: this is the kind of stuff i want

+rep