1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corestatus = 63 (99)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by *brian*, 1 Feb 2012.

1. *brian*

*brian* What's a Dremel?

Hi, I have a rig that was running Folding@home OK on a GTX 260, just a bit warm and noisy so I decided to replace that with a GTX 460, but it refuses to fold - I get the following in the log file and it just keeps downloading Core15 and failing with the same:

corestatus = 63 (99)

The machine is an AMD Phenom X6 with 2GB RAM running Windows XP and runs BOINC/SETI@home fine.
    I have done a fresh install of the display drivers.
    I have uninstalled the Folding@home GPU client and installed GPU3/6.41
    I also removed the Folding@home-gpu directory.
    I have tried with and without -forcegpu nvidia_fermi in the shortcut's Target.

The 460 ran fine in another machine and I have tried a 560ti with the same error.
    I had two 460s running in another machine with no problems. I also have three 560ti's in another machine with no problems. The other difference is that these machines run Windows 7 64x instead of XP on the problem machine.

Maybe I'm missing something simple, but any help will be appreciated.

2. enigmo

enigmo Kettleboiler Extraordinaire

I can remember repeatedly getting this error back when I was doing a lot of GPU folding, and it was a total PITA. In the end, the only solutions I could find were outright slash and burn fixes:
    I only ran the console version of the clients ever, so first step was to back up my client.cfg file, and delete and recreate the whole console installation.
    If that didn't work, remove all traces of the nVidia driver and reinstall, with restarts in between.
    In one horrible case, I ended up reinstalling the whole Windows partition cos I couldn't find the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but from my experience it always seemed to be a software/driver error rather than a hardware/overheat problem. At least that's one good thing.

3. PAULWARDEN

PAULWARDEN What's a Dremel?

are you using the right version for your gpu namely version 6.41 as the 460 needs gpu3 not gpu2 for the 260

4. *brian*

*brian* What's a Dremel?

I resorted to reinstalling Windows, thinking that would surely fix it... nope. (I needed to anyway due to finding a damaged sector on the hard drive).

With that I was beginning to accept that I might have to ditch the motherboard... however, I just installed .NET Framework 3.5 (something I don't usually bother with for my folding rigs) and Folding@home is crunching away nicely on my graphics card. I can only assume that is what solved it as it's the last thing I tried.

5. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I'm having the same problem pal, i have a pair of 460's that have been folding 24/7 for the better part of 12 months, not a single issue.. now I get the same corestatus = 63 (99) after every complete work unit.

know I'm manually restarting each client once it's "Sleeping!"..

I'm losing out on loads of points... In an attempt to make up for some of those lost points I installed the console client on gaming rig (GTX580) this morning.. came home from work to find it sleeping.. same error..

What is going on??

Gonna look and see if i have Framework 3.5 installed..

J.

6. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I have Framework 4 installed... I thought maybe it was my NOD32 but nope, they are upto date too. I'm running Nvidia drivers 295.73 on both PC's, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. The clients and drivers were freshly re-installed when the issue first begun.

I'm running out of ideas... (No intention of reinstalling Windows) Far as I understand it, Standford need to fix this one.. had no issues until those 8031's showed up. grrrr.

J.

7. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I've rolled back to the 290.53 Beta drivers and made all firewall and Anti-Virus exceptions, lets try again..

J.

8. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I know how painful this sort of thing is - hope you get it sorted soon.

9. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

RESOLVED! Those 950.53 beta drivers did the trick.. Spread the word :p

J.

10. gero1369

gero1369 Ummm...Wha?

I run FAH GPU Tracker V2 and have no such problems:) What it does is set the -oneunit flag for each unit, then after the unit starts uploading, it begins a new unit. Give it a shot if you're only getting the error after a unit finishes. It's a great program anyways, especially for simple setups as well as multi-GPU setups. I also use EVGA Precision for speed control.