bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Nov 2005, 09:00   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion interview

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/...s_4_int/1.html
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 09:13   #2
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
wow, that game looks the mutts nuts
Old 9th Nov 2005, 09:16   #3
Petor
Minimodder

Petor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
those screen shots... AWESOME
Petor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 10:09   #4
K-man
What's a Dremel?

K-man has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I need new hardware!
K-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 10:35   #5
Herbicide
Lurktacular

Herbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know what you mean!

- H.
Old 9th Nov 2005, 10:46   #6
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
If you think the screenshots look hot, you should check out the videos on www.elderscrolls.com

O
M
F
G

and I don't even like RPGs!!!
Old 9th Nov 2005, 10:52   #7
Muunsyr
Modder

Muunsyr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hurrah! Multi-threaded gameing. My 4400+ was not in vain. Now I just need a graphics card to match.

I would almost skip Christmas to get to Oblivion's release, go Bethesda.
Muunsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 11:16   #8
Skill3d
Multimodder

Skill3d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
god i need money, lots of it for my new hardware o_0
Skill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 11:23   #9
FredsFriend
Supermodder

FredsFriend has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Things like this just make me realise how poor i am, or at least how poor i will be when the induced need to update my system takes hold
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:03   #10
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

It seems news of our deeds travels *very* fast across the lands...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=187244
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:16   #11
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
words cannot express how much I need this game, and how glad I am that theyre working in multiple threads

Was mentioning to someone just last week how dual-core support would be fantastic in this game due to the masses of AI calculations. coincidentally, my opteron 165 shipped out this morning, perfect

for the record, I stopped counting at 300 hours on morrowind
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:24   #12
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

That's two hours per day EVERY DAY for FIVE MONTHS. Or maybe even 1 hour a day, every day for almost a year!

Hate to see Confessions of a WoW Addict!
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:34   #13
kye
Supermodder

kye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You should do an article like this about The Witcher.

http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp

An RPG but inspired by fallout, and thus a little...adult

Considering the lack of decent RPG's, this one sounds like a baldurs gate, not some "blend" trying to create something new with rpg. Just hardcore rpg

hopefully.
kye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:47   #14
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope
That's two hours per day EVERY DAY for FIVE MONTHS. Or maybe even 1 hour a day, every day for almost a year!

Hate to see Confessions of a WoW Addict!
Tbh, it was probably more than 300 hours.
~12 hours a day for a couple weeks and then a few hours every few days for several months
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 12:51   #15
stephen2002
Multimodder

stephen2002 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It looks so very pretty, yet the animations are just as bad as the previous games. They just go into and out of a generic walk cycle and get dragged around on the ground, no attempt at all to keep the feet proper when making a turn, walking on a slope, or up and down stairs. Either way I'll probably get this when it comes out simply because it looks so good
stephen2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 13:07   #16
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
]The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-Trailer-[Insane-Quality] check that out
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 13:36   #17
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

by the way, it isn't mentioned specifically in the interview, so I can't confirm it for sure, but did anyone notice all the lurvely HDR?
Old 9th Nov 2005, 13:49   #18
Nottheking
Multimodder

Nottheking has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just as an ad-on note to the article, multi-core CPUs were commercially non-existant at the time of E3 2005. This means that the videos you can find at the official site are done with a single-core processor. To think; it's heavily thread-optimized, AND will still run great on a single-core CPU. That means with a dual-core CPU... Best make sure to wear your bib!
Quote:
It seems news of our deeds travels *very* fast across the lands...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=187244
What, you might doubt the speed of the Elder Scrolls community?
Quote:
by the way, it isn't mentioned specifically in the interview, so I can't confirm it for sure, but did anyone notice all the lurvely HDR?
It be the purdy HDR all right. That was covered quite some time ago in another interview, over at the site called Evil Avatar. I'm still surprised that a number of people consider it to look unrealistic, until I remember that most of them probably haven't bothered to go outside during the day for the past few years.
Nottheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 14:02   #19
Reaper_Unreal
Supermodder

Reaper_Unreal has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, the game looks gorgeous. Seems like there's going to be LOTS of HDR, which is nice... but I'm thinking I'm going to get very distracted very easily. I'm already easily distracted by shiny objects, but a world full of HDR? Sweeeeeeet. It's going to be interesting to see how this compares to Project Offset in terms of graphics. Either way, can't wait, and good for them for not releasing too early.

If you made a Venn diagram, there would be two non-overlapping circles, one of which was labeled, “Times when I am truly happy” and the other of which was labeled, “Times when I am logged in as root, holding a cable, and have the case open.”
Reaper_Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2005, 14:06   #20
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That was why I didn't ask about the HDR...already covered. Gavin was more than forthcoming with all of my questions, however...a true shout-out to the guys (and leading gal who helped me) over at Bethesda is in order.

I personally was amazed at the multithread abilities of it...when they started writing this game, MT processors weren't even around. But they knew they'd have it for the 360, so they were able to bring it into the PC version. Exciting stuff, makes me glad I'm saving my pennies for the new X2 setup I want.

Mr_Tad, FYI...I stopped counting at 175 in Morrowind...and that was only the wandering around. God knows how long I actually took on the game. And I still go back to it. ES3 was one of the best games ever, I'm just out of my mind with glee for this one to come out. I'm glad to see others are as excited about this as I am...I can't wait to bring a review to you all!!!