Cooling Danger Den New Perfect Seal Barbs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolmiester, 8 Dec 2005.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Danger Den are introducing a new European friendly barb and calling it The Perfect Seal.

Obviously like the older barbs that the Hi-Flow replaced, this new barb will be introduced over time but we are already seeing some of the new stock arriving with the Perfect Seal barb.

The hose tail is 9/16" in length which is 3/16" shorter than the Hi-Flow making routing hose easier but the main benefit that i see is that they have reduced the thread size to 1/4" BSPP so will be compatible with most European blocks and reservoirs etc. without reducing the bore size which remains the same as the Hi-Flow at 6/16" so still one of the biggest bore barbs there are.

And looks very nice too :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Interesting, still prefer the looks of the Hi-flow barbs :)

3. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Awesome! I just sent a PM to DD to find out when we can expect to buy these here in the states. :D

4. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That's what I thought :lol:

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

welcome back to 1/4" BSPP yay :) which means all there blocks can take them saurcy little 10mm compressions again :D.

morgan.

6. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

w00t ! :clap:

7. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Actually it appears Danger Den is rapidly moving to a BSPP thread spec on everything they ship anywhere in the world. The radiators that are being shipped here in the states are still whatever they were using before, but at least one [H]ardForum member here in the USA has already received the new block. They stated that the fittings were all the new Perfect Seal type except the ones that came with their radiator.

[​IMG]

8. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

oooooooooooooooo red tubing, where can you get it?

phil

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Surely no suprise since the the rad isn't DD made is it?
    Its Hwlabs made :p

10. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

HWL ships the vast majority of its rads in BSPP or a universal thread spec that supposedly will accomodate NPT or BSPP. However, my experience with the universal thread is not acceptable IMHO. I know it is a long way round, but up till now I have always used Asetek rads as they bring them in from HWL with BSPP. Looking forward to getting BSPP rads from Danger Den when they run out of the NPT threads. :D

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

My bad then. Must be their last stock or something ;)

12. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Yip Hardware Labs made special fittings on their rads for Danger Den so they could take the 9/16" (14.5mm) Hi-Flow barbs so it will depend on whether Danger Den plan to run both types of barbs.

I preume that they are moving away from the 9/16" Hi-Flow for the much more user friendly G1/4 Perfect Seal

13. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I expect them to be shipping 100% BSPP shortly. BTW, looks like you will soon be able to get a Fill-port threaded with BSPP imminently and they intend to nickel plate the brass threaded plug. :D

Tags: