1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alienware Aurora 7500 with FX-60

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 Jan 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Iam 1st sweet. That computer rocks man.

Well to telll you the trueth it looks like of the shevel parts but with a sweet case. But man Alienware is becomeing like Dell. They get the new hardware while still in testing. Lucky guys over there.

3. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Not a fan of the 'designer pc', but this is seriously impressive.

4. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

:jawdrop: That lottery win can't come soon enough!

I wonder how long it will be before PCs we can all afford will give those framerates at those details.

5. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Man they need to make cards that you can swap out the core ship and the memory on. So that if you buy a 256mb card you can upgrade later to a 512mb. Or even the Core to. Back in the days you can do that with ATi card. Adding more memory. This way we can get that same detail and FPS with less on upgrading.

6. J Swan

J Swan What's a Dremel?

"Man they need to make cards that you can swap out the core ship and the memory on. So that if you buy a 256mb card you can upgrade later to a 512mb"

good call..

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

4.5k and they make you run 2t....

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Too ugly... not well specced enough to warrant the price either. If you buy that fugly P.O.S instead of building you want your head examining. Kudos for the launch date tho!

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yeah, I saw the system down at the TR/Bit office yesterday and was frankly disappointed by Alienware's choice to use 4 DIMMs. My first question was whether they'd put 4GB of memory in there or not (I could understand it if that was the case).

10. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

You could build the same with a NICE case for under £2400

11. fev

fev Industry Fallout

*edited to suit the needs of the forum*

I said it last review i'll say it this review... over priced for what it is.
    It's impressive in terms of componants it contains.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2006
  12. Tim S

Tim S OG

But you don't get the technical support from one company. If something goes wrong with your system and you built it yourself, you've got to troubleshoot it before you start calling however many companies for an RMA, hoping that you picked the right one. Alienware, on the other hand, will do the troubleshooting and fixing jobs for you so you don't have to.

Also, I'm interested where you got £2400 from.

FX-60 is > £600
    A8N32-SLI Deluxe is ~£140
    2GB of memory is over £200
    2 GTX 512's are £1000

You're knocking on the door of £2000 before you've even thought about the 1TB of storage in a 2x250GB + 500GB configuration, Windows XP, two optical drives, an X-Fi soundcard, decent power supply and case.

Please keep the 'I could build this for less' type comments out of this thread - they're not appropriate and I'd consider them as trolling.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, but what will come next month or the next when ATI and nVidia release their new chips (R580 and G71/72)? R580 is new architecture, it MIGHT blow away every record nVidia just set with GTX 512's. So what if CrossFire will be THE thing to have?
    I don't think ATI will outperform nVidia in the next 6 months though but it might happen. And then you just dropped 5k € on a rig that's 'old'! I would buy the stuff that's packed in there, not the AW rig, but the stuff if I had the money. But I don't.
    And people willing to pay are enthusiasts always wanting the newest stuff out there. And in about 1 or 2 let it be 3 goddamnit months these cards won't be TEH pwz0r cards.
    So, yea great performance, ridiculous price.

14. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

As lovely as the Alienware is, it is a perfect demonstration machine of what you can do with more money than sense. As much as you make like this absurdly fast, high specced, and high priced machine, you pay an awful lot for what you get out of it. Two 7800 GT 256 Meg GPUs will give substantial improvements over the single 7800 GT used in the tests at those resolutions, and Crossfire is indeed an option that is less expensive and similar in specification as I understand it.

Those who dont want to do their own tech support are either those who have grown tired of it, or are too lazy to learn. I cant think of too terribly many people who can afford this and would have ever bothered to learn; this is definitely a box built for the techno neophyte who cant stand having anything less than the best.

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Ignoring the 2T'd ram, that is seriously fast. :|

16. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

that much money and they dont even use koolance liquid cooling!

17. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

scary fast... and impressive. Ive always enjoyed their cable management but the price for everything total is quite high. I would imagine they will still sell plenty of them just for the point of having the fastest machine... In a month when the new video card specs come out do they expect the price of this machine to drop or the new machines will just be that much higher?

18. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

£4399? Wholly frickin' poop!

Worth every penny though to have it right now.

19. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

HOLY SH** check out the cs:s results the game must look so sweeet at those settings now if only I could gather the funds :) :duh: :idea:

20. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Just ordered one from Komplett had to say bye bye to my FX57 and 7800GTX.
    Just saw a review on one site they got it upto 3.2ghz on the standered cooler.

Tags: Add Tags