bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:11   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
BFG Tech GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200..._gs_agp/1.html

Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:30   #2
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

TomH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bloody hell, that was quick

So where did you get the UK price from? I'm about fed-up having FEAR, Q4 and DX:IW installed, and not being able to play them on my GF2

/runs off to find one.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:35   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
OcUK, Ebuyer and Scan should have stock of GeForce 7800 GS's
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:43   #4
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

Make that Komplett (PoV, Club3D ref cards) too.

Can't see any on the OcUK site though :/ Nor eBuyer.

There's no sign of the BFG OC either
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:45   #5
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
OCUK has BFG stock. Can't link it directly, but it's there, under AGP...

Gonna buy one Tom?
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:48   #6
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Tekheads has Club3D and someone else 7800GS's.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:48   #7
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

Heh, there they are .. on the 6800 page :/

Hmm.. They're really the last people I wanted to stock it. I had the last card from them, and I never did get *all* my money back when it screwed up.

Though I'm very tempted. 240 for a BFG OC, or 270 for an XFX eXtreme..
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 15:59   #8
crayfish
Amazing scenes!

crayfish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think I'll wait til they're closer to 200 before thinking about a purchase. I'm glad us AGP dinosaurs are still catered for though
crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:01   #9
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
too expensive for my tastes, id still rather get a 6800LE and softmod it. paying 250 for new tech on a old platform is simply not worth it.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:11   #10
crayfish
Amazing scenes!

crayfish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by atanum141
too expensive for my tastes, id still rather get a 6800LE and softmod it. paying 250 for new tech on a old platform is simply not worth it.
Do they all definitely soft mod though?
crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:17   #11
-EVRE-
Supermodder

-EVRE- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"a pointless exercise in life support for obsolete system."
enough said. its silly to spend the money, especialy if you already have a socket 939 or 754 cpu. your better off buying some kind of sli motherboard. if your still using a socket A or *shiver* Intel system, its time to move on or wait till you can.
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:31   #12
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfish
Do they all definitely soft mod though?
No, they don't.
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 16:38   #13
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
fear my super clocked9800XT....
it still does around 60fps on NFS:MostWanted and FEAR at pretty decent setting, not gunna complain just yet.
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 17:46   #14
Sathy
Multimodder

Sathy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for a great read, once again. You guys have some nice resources organising skills to put a new review up almost always when something interesting gets published...surely those who supply the tested material need to be thanked for this also!

I don't know about others, especially since 6800 GT's (or ultras) have been reviewed alot, but I for one would have liked to have a 6800 GT AGP as a comparison in the performance charts.

The layout of the card seems a bit weird to me, all that excess space...
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 17:49   #15
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dammit, I was hoping they'd finally screw it and STOP releasing cards for AGP. Oh well. It's not as if there's no market, but if you're still on AGP you should be upgrading some other stuff along with the video card.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 17:50   #16
MR BUNGLE
Shoddymodder

MR BUNGLE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Errr... Not sure your recommendations for AMD socket 754 owners are really comprehensive...
Sure, 754 is fairly obsolete now, but you can buy a large variety of PCIe motherboards. (Even SLI!!!!)
- Why suggest that people buy a new CPU, when they don't have to: They could have already spent a couple of hundred s on a 754 4000+ !!!
(and even socket 939 is soon to become the 'budget' setup anyway!)

bah, I should probably be ignored: Just had the worst day of the year (so far) and maybe I'm slightly bitter cos I'm just buying a sempron 754 setup (cheap bstard that I am)
MR BUNGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 17:53   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehed
Dammit, I was hoping they'd finally screw it and STOP releasing cards for AGP. Oh well. It's not as if there's no market, but if you're still on AGP you should be upgrading some other stuff along with the video card.
If youve got a 3.2C P4 on a 865PE/875 board with AGP8x that's still not that much slower than stuff out today.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 18:02   #18
Marquee
Mac Pro Modder

Marquee has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why. Why I ask. Why keep the AGP market going. Why. The PCI-E is the best way to go. For the price of this card you can get a new mobo, and mid range CPU. Still they want keep AGP alive.

To all the AGP guys out there. Make the move. I thought it was going to cost be alot also, but I made the move to PCI-E and AMD 64 for less then $800 CND. New mobo, CPU, RAM and 6600GT. For less then $800 CND last June. There is no point is AGP. Some want to wait for socket M2 but that wont be ready till like next x-mas. It might be saling in sep, but wont be able to get a ok price to x-mas.

I just see no point if upgrading the AGP market. Right after they Make the 6800GS then need to make a 7800GS. That is only shoting your self in the foot.
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 18:49   #19
HellRazor
Multimodder

HellRazor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was wondering about this card, we got them in at work about 4 days ago, and when I opened the box I had no idea what card this was, I remember reading rumors about it, but I'm glad you guys got the review done on them.

Though for the price, I think I will just upgrade my bloody machine, for the bit more it costs its worth getting into 939 and pci-e instead. hope my Taxes get back quickly!!!
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 19:05   #20
-EVRE-
Supermodder

-EVRE- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just got done reading the review. A good read. I know why you only compared it to one card, and not the 7800gt and the 6800gt, because it would truely shame the card for what it is and what it costs.
ex.

7800gt $289 from newegg.com
*cheaper
*can sli
*has 4 more pixel piplelines
*has one more vertex shader
*has eight more pixel output engines

why would you buy a vastly inferior card for more money?
7800gs $338.99 from buy.com