bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Feb 2006, 12:04   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
ATI X1900 All-in-Wonder

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...w_x1900/1.html
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 12:43   #2
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As you note, this is a slightly odd board - what market is it really gunning for? The only people I can see buying this are Shuttle owners who want a quick-ish gaming card in their general purpose PC, with the option to watch Coronation Street while doing a bit of work in the evening.

Media Center PC owners will probably be looking at a fanless gfx card and dual digital tuners. Hardcore gamers have no need for TV functionality on their gaming rigs.

Will be interesting to see how well this sells.
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 16:22   #3
RotoSequence
Lazy Lurker

RotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Woohoo, its black
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 17:55   #4
truekishin
What's a Dremel?

truekishin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm not exactly sure, but I thought that the X1900s retained the 16 Pixel "pipelines" but increased the Shader count to 48, before it was something like a 1:1 ratio between pipes to shaders, now its 1:3... and this card is more for a media center oriented PC, something you put in your basement and hook up to a TV so you play all your downloaded movies on the big screen
truekishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2006, 00:26   #5
Chuckysan
What's a Dremel?

Chuckysan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Correct me If I'm wrong (and I usually am) but couldn't the AIW be used in conjunction with the Crossfire? In theory that would aleviate any performance issues.
Chuckysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2006, 12:00   #6
korhojoa
durr

korhojoa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, that is what i was instantly thinking, omg, whip this up with a crossfire card, and we're in business!
Old 4th Feb 2006, 13:01   #7
eek
CAMRA ***.

eek has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would the crossfire xt card not be throttled back to the speeds of the AIW?

I thought that when you ran two cards in xfire they both ran at the speed of the slowest?
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2006, 10:23   #8
WilHarris
Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes.
WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2006, 16:31   #9
genesisofthesith
complete spanner

genesisofthesith has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wonder if theres any binning going on with the worst cores going to the AIW or if they bin for the coolest cores etc. Overclocking should reveal these cores potential.
genesisofthesith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2006, 08:51   #10
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckysan
Correct me If I'm wrong (and I usually am) but couldn't the AIW be used in conjunction with the Crossfire? In theory that would aleviate any performance issues.
AFAIK, you can't - I'll try and confirm that though.
Old 7th Feb 2006, 17:39   #11
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
I've just had confirmation that this card will not work in CrossFire because both the CrossFire master card and the All-In-Wonder want to be the 'primary card' in the configuration. Essentially, what I'm saying is that they just don't want to get along and talk nicely.