Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Splinter Cell: Double Agent preview

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/..._pc_psp/1.html

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 13:32   #2
Hamish
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Hamish has yet to learn the way of the DremelHamish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
One level takes place on ice, and you'll be able to swim under the ice, cut up through and then drag enemies down to an icy death.
oh hell yes!
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 13:40   #3
mannafig
Hypermodder

mannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for presidentmannafig should be considered for president
I believe it's time for me to invest in a 360.
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 14:08   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
And let me guess, his love interest insists he has "minty fresh breath" before they kiss and offers him a couple of airwaves.

The question is will it be a cop out choice like Indigo Prophecy where whatever you choose it doesnt matter, the end is always the same, or Dues Ex where you just get different endings or will it be proper completely different storylines?

Quote:
Further on through, you'll be asked to choose between the lives of thousands of innocents or the woman you love
Thanks, Wil, ever heard of a spoiler tag?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 14:23   #5
Morpheon
Multimodder

Morpheon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I AM soooo glad that they are going to use the same engine the 360s getting for the PC version as that has been a major cause for concern for the PC crowd. It would suck for ubi to forget that in a lot of cases high end pcs still look as good and in many cases looks better than the 360 in terms of textures and framerate ( we can turn our aa 4x off and have a higher res. to make up for it ) Classic case is COD2 Which I would play on my rig any day over my 360 version, and Quake...well theres simply no comparison but that was a developement problem not a 360 hardware shortcoming.

WOOT FOR SAM FISHER!

We were all n00bs once...but its those that listen that seperates us from the rest.
My Rig! DFI-D Sli (OCZ Tony Bios) | 3800X2 2.8 (285*10) @ 1.58Vcore
OCZ 4000 Plat 2GB (2.5-4-4-8) 1T | DangerDen TDX (nozzle 4)CPU / Maze 4 GPU / DD5 Pump
ATi X1900XTX @ 780/850 | Antec True Blue 480W | 74GB Raptor (System) 750GB Segate (Storage)
Morpheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 16:26   #6
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Reminds me slightly of COR:Escape from Butcher Bay
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 17:05   #7
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I can't wait for this game. I want to be a naughty secret agent.
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 22:35   #8
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A storyline, it might just be worth it. The replayability looks very high.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2006, 03:04   #9
horgboy
haisup

horgboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how cool does that refletcion on the glass look on page 2,

since xbox 360 came out in australia YESTERDAY (pretty bad ms )
ima gonna save up and get me one of those
Old 24th Mar 2006, 09:40   #10
Aankhen
Supermodder

Aankhen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks great! Too bad it's a Ubisoft game. Starforce, anyone?
Old 26th Mar 2006, 21:22   #11
Kaze22
Supermodder

Kaze22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheon
I AM soooo glad that they are going to use the same engine the 360s getting for the PC version as that has been a major cause for concern for the PC crowd. It would suck for ubi to forget that in a lot of cases high end pcs still look as good and in many cases looks better than the 360 in terms of textures and framerate ( we can turn our aa 4x off and have a higher res. to make up for it ) Classic case is COD2 Which I would play on my rig any day over my 360 version, and Quake...well theres simply no comparison but that was a developement problem not a 360 hardware shortcoming.

WOOT FOR SAM FISHER!
I don't know, with the release of Oblivion on both PC and 360, it has been proven that current generation DX9 Cards just cannot hold up there end of the bargain against the these next gen consoles. Until next generation cards such as the Nvid 8k series or ATI X2k comes out I think I'm gonna hold out on getting anymore of these next gen games because not being able to play them at their full glory is really heart breaking (HD res)

Last edited by Kaze22; 26th Mar 2006 at 23:29.
Kaze22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2006, 06:19   #12
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Unless you have a pretty nice HD plasma television, xbox 360 doesn't look any better than the pc. My friend has one, but he has a regular flat screen crt, and I wasn't impressed.
Old 29th Mar 2006, 20:54   #13
devenfore
LANCandy

devenfore has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I too am curious as to weather or not it will include StarForce... If it does, I most likely will not buy it. (or at least not run it on my main computer, which would suck).

For those unfamiliar with StarForce... Here's a link...
I was a little sad after I bought Chaos Theory, and found out about StarForce.

For shame Ubi... For shame. Your one good game (series), and you screw it up like this.
devenfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 17:29   #14
unrealsword
What's a Dremel?

unrealsword has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The MGS footage wasn't pre-rendered, kojima even played it in real time rotating angles.
unrealsword is offline   Reply With Quote