bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Mar 2006, 21:59   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
20" widescreen monitor group test

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...onitors/1.html
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:05   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ANOTHER compo?

mmmm....

Anyway, back to the actual topic, I was looking to get another monitor in a few weeks, this guide should help a lot.
The USB addition is nice, especially since I don't like have front facing USB ports on my Tower.
DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:21   #3
Deathrow
Supermodder

Deathrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Entered, but i gave the wrong answer, could you delete my entry so I could resubmit?

E-mail was from: kyle_tdr@racing-post.info

Hope its not too much trouble.

Wouldent mind that t-shirt
Deathrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:21   #4
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
how about a straight 19" tft comparison...as frankly alot of us dont have 300 for a monitor and 19" can now be picked up for half that price.
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:24   #5
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrow
Entered, but i gave the wrong answer, could you delete my entry so I could resubmit?
LOL - I knew something like this would crop up. Basically, for honest mistakes like this, don't panic - your entry will still count (well, the correct one will). But if we catch people clearly *deliberately* submitting multiple entries, then they're history.
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:27   #6
Deathrow
Supermodder

Deathrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks alot pope, ill resubmit the correct one .
Deathrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:27   #7
lepre
Supermodder

lepre has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i wish to buy the NEC but i hate the glossy effect....damn you NEC!
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:28   #8
unrealhippie
Ultramodder

unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Fantastic!

However I think the Dell 2005fpw should have been included as its like the 'standard' 20 widescreen tft...
unrealhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:45   #9
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealhippie
However I think the Dell 2005fpw should have been included as its like the 'standard' 20 widescreen tft...
Yer I thought that was a little odd.

edit: teach me for not reading the final page

Last edited by Atomic; 30th Mar 2006 at 23:02.
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:45   #10
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealhippie
Fantastic!

Read the last paragraph of page 7 Saying that, I suppose one of us could easily give a review to add considering there are more people with 20" dells than I have of fingers.

Nice article though!
MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:51   #11
The Bart Man
Modder

The Bart Man has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Verry handy review
Fore my new sys I was lookingg fore a good alround lcd. I wantend somthing more then normal so first thought of a 19" but was also looking fore bigger monitors ranging from 20" up to 24".
Fore a 19"I thought the viewsonic VX924 was a good one many good review on this one. Now the 20" viewsonic vx2025 look superb. Think this one will be it!
Thank Bit-Tech fore the good review!!!
The Bart Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 22:57   #12
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice article, I'm contemplating buying a larger widescreen monitor. Are you guys planning on doing one for a group of 19" and 24" monitors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2006, 23:49   #13
The_JinJ
What's a Dremel?

The_JinJ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd be interested in a 19" group comparison - bing a tight ass skinto and all that
Old 31st Mar 2006, 00:26   #14
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would like to see a 24" review, a 24" lcd is way more convient than a 24" crt at a lan. Good review.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2006, 01:30   #15
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice review

Looks like I will be buying the same one as I intended to last week (Viewsonic VX2025), denfinately 100% sure now

Thanks for the hint on the up coming review Bigz

The_JinJ get the Samsung 913N if your a cheap git, I got mine for the same reason and I am very happy with it for the price. You can get it for 181.64 @ Savastore or 181.53 @ Ebuyer
FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2006, 03:27   #16
otm3x
Minimodder

otm3x has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't know what are the companies thinking. If you consider these 20'' Widescreen LCDs to be High-end LCDs . Consider making the panels with height- adjustments and tilt ? This is like the minimum.
I am not going to buy a LCD that price and put books under it to make up the height.

I am glad that bit-tech.net editors actually spotted there are noy much 20'' Widescreen LCD reviews . Good Job.
Old 31st Mar 2006, 04:37   #17
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just kinda flipped through it as I'm more than set in the monitor department right now, but well-done. Those color "block" tests are a great idea, though I'll admit I've never bothered with something like that. Partially because I'd hate to find some sort of flaw in the extremities of a display that I'm very happy with. I can't compare the Dell to the other 20" panels reviewed (as I don't have any of them) but it's subjectively awesome. A minor quirk with the viewing angle, but considering it has four-way adjustment, four inputs and two USB ports alongside a great pricetag, it's a *very* minor issue. The 24" is definately better all around, but that's more or less to be expected. The lack of physical adjustment on those displays reviewed is a major put-off, and the extra inputs definately come in handy too (especially for anyone with a games console). I am a bit surprised to see both the FPW and ACD excluded from the round-up though, seeing as they tend to be the first displays that come to mind when a 20" widescreen is mentioned.

speedfreek - I'll hopefully get around to posting one (informal, but I've done pro reviewing before) on my blog soon, as well as comparing the Dell 24" to the 20" counterpart.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2006, 06:49   #18
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Id have liked to see the dells but im pretty buch dead set on them its just which one im going to get.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2006, 08:27   #19
automagsrock
Ultramodder

automagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremelautomagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremelautomagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremelautomagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremelautomagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremelautomagsrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wouldn't mind an Apple 20" Cinema display. A few friends have them and they make me jealous. But that's also way out of my price range though.

Great Article!!

My computer sucks
automagsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2006, 08:33   #20
rav666
Modder

rav666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The philips 20 inch widescreen wasnt included either
I think you should include the dell one as well, then it would be the best review on the web
rav666 is offline   Reply With Quote