Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
An Easter Message

http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2006...message/1.html

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:02   #2
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Harris
...But bare with me...
Kinky man.
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:05   #3
EK-MDi
Multimodder

EK-MDi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great article!
Personally, I don't really have a preference between consoles, and PC. Although I must admit that with the console, you do always have the added pleasure of sitting back comfortably on a sofa. I also like consoles because you've got a bigger screen (well I do anway) to look at.
EK-MDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:10   #4
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
yeah id have to agree on some points on the whole pc vs console front... now it looks like the 360 is a actuall good gaming platform that can actually rival the pc.

Im itching to buy a 360 but i donno if i'd get full use out of it.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:11   #5
scarecrow
Multimodder

scarecrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awsome Article!

Really got me thinking cause the xbox 360 really is a jacked up computer. Hmmmm I wonder if it can become my computer for a lot less then my current rig. Though I still hold a grudge against xbox in general just cause its made by microsoft but that thing is amazing. PC ALL THE WAY
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:37   #6
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I still maintain that the 360 will eventually get beaten by the PC, although, it may take a bit longer than we're used to.
Th lead is already starting to shorten at the release of physcis cards, the 360 doesn't have one of those.
Old 16th Apr 2006, 15:14   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
You never played Reisdent Evil 4 then last year? That's a triple A title for the GC.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 16:13   #8
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Imo XFIRE acts alot like XBLive, sure it doesn't work for everything (some games the messaging doesn't work right) but it's pretty similar if you ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 16:18   #9
gmarappledude
Minimodder

gmarappledude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My bias is definitely towards PCs, my last console was the sega megadrive. Most graphics cards have at least s-video sockets, so no reason not to sit in the "living room" and game in comfort on a large tv.

I have a question, does the 360 have a pair of usb sockets, if so is it possible to plug in a standard usb keyboard and mouse and play as if on PC? If so then I may try consoles, there is fun to be had.
Old 16th Apr 2006, 16:27   #10
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarappledude
I have a question, does the 360 have a pair of usb sockets, if so is it possible to plug in a standard usb keyboard and mouse and play as if on PC? If so then I may try consoles, there is fun to be had.
yes it has USB ports, no your keyboard mouse wont work on it.
thats not saying that there wont be implementations for it in the future though.
as with the joytech adapters something will turn up, or microsoft will release something or other :P

Im up for some BF2/ xbox live-ing with the bit-crew (namely PGR3, GRAW), let us know what games, as i might have to go buy some more xD.
Old 16th Apr 2006, 16:34   #11
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
360 has 3 USB sockets, but don't think any games support keyb & mouse.
I prefer Oblivion on 360 TBH.
And no it won't be long till PC's are more powerful but they will still be 4 times the cost if not more.
Live is also much better than Xfire, infact you can't even compare them as live is streets ahead.

The 360 is a great console, very cheap for what it does and has some fantastic games - check out Fight Night round 3 for almost photorealistic looking fantastic game and I hate boxing..
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 16:50   #12
Garside
Supermodder

Garside has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am undefeatable at battlefield 2
Garside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 17:03   #13
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I purchased Me and My Katamari in San Francisco on Thursday and I've not put it down yet. I don't own a playstation so I have missed out of the original games. Nether the less this is one of the best games I've played on the PSP, it works well on the handheld.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
Old 16th Apr 2006, 18:03   #14
tank_rider
Ultramodder

tank_rider has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great article, nice balanced perspective between the two platforms. I agree about the FPS thing, i cannot get to grips with console based FPS and aiming with a joystick, mouse and keyboard all the way for me.

I'd also definately be up for some Bit-Tech BF2ness.
Main - e5200 @ 3.5GHz (akasa 965) || GA-EP31-DS3L || 2X2GB Crucial Ballistix || xfx GTX 260 || 500GB Seagate 7200.10 sata + 250GB Samsung sata + 160GB Samsung ide || NEC DVDRW || Enermax Liberty 400W || Antec P180 || 22" Fujitsu Siemems TFT
Media - X2 4400 @ 2.4GHz || Epox 9NDA3+ || 2GB RAM || 6800gs || 80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 || LG DVD RAM || Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454
tank_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 18:38   #15
KillaH
Multimodder

KillaH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
If I want to know when my friends are online and gaming on the PC, I have to run MSN to check they're online and then hope that me messaging them doesn't crash them out of a game - how annoying is it when your game switches out when someone pings you? The friends list on Live is simply genius. I can see when my friends were last online, what they were playing, I can send invites to get them to play with me, I can see when they sign in - regardless of what I'm doing at the time - and the whole experience of hooking up to play together is totally seamless. If only there was something like this for the PC - I'm fed up of spending time trawling server browsers looking for names I recognise.
Xfire is almost the same thing
KillaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 18:49   #16
acidfire
Supermodder

acidfire has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
actually xfire is the exact same thing, lets you straight log into the match your friends are playing, AND keeps you up to date on updates for the games your playing
I've served my time in hell. "
acidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 18:57   #17
Nova
Modder

Nova has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yup, another bid to use xfire, i love it, even though i dont use it a whole lot. much better than msn/aim/yahoo in my opinion. its more fo the gamer form of communication.

http://www.xfire.com/

vent is another good option for more voice communication, ithink it has some other features as well.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 19:06   #18
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
But xfire still isn't intergrated in the way that xbox live is. It also relies on other people having downloaded and using it whereas all 360 users will have the live service if they are connected.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 19:07   #19
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've played oblivion on the 360 at a store demo rig and on my own PC, and I definately prefer the PC experience. Aside from the fact that I absolutely hate controllers for anything that's not an FF-style RPG (ie, no need to actually aim), the 'couch size' interface would drive me insane in minutes - something that I had to tweak out of the PC version within an hour of playing. Oh yeah - tweaks. PC offers them. 360 lets you pay extra to download stuff which probably isn't what you're looking for.

For the time I'm pretty much off of online gaming, it's just lost its appeal at the moment. Firstly, my friends only play WoW which I hate (where I'm traditionally an FPS gamer), and there are so many noobs and morons that seem to be playing recently that it completely destroys the experience.

Plus PC gamers are cheaper and accessories aren't wazoo-expensive. And there's actually a selection of games. Dunno, but after all the hype over the 360 I'm downright dissapointed by the thing, and the whole paying a few bucks here and there to get more content that should have been included as stock kills me (and it adds up quick). I'm not against it, but imo it needs a lot of changes before I'd consider buying one.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2006, 21:17   #20
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I use to love consoles. i had a NES, then a SNES then a PS. even though i have a PS2 i hardly ever play it. I much preter the versitility of a PC. my rig is nice enough to play the latest games. sure its "old skool" AGP, but I like it. I spend just as much time on irc and watching stuff as I do gaming.
Infact I have not even paid a TV licence this year because I feel that my PC offers as much entertainment as I need. my PCI TV Card is safely hidden away where no one will find it, unless I decide that I need TV. mmmmmmmmmm *** bittorrent
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote