WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i27 LAN report

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/..._report/1.html

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2006, 14:00   #2
EK-MDi
Multimodder

EK-MDi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hehe; those "I'm with noob" are quite funny. I hope they don't start spreading though, because that would just get on my nerves.
EK-MDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2006, 14:16   #3
Garside
Supermodder

Garside has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I only been to one i-event, i-10, it was awesome that year they had four floors opened up and I think it was the first time they broke 1000 users.
Garside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2006, 15:49   #4
Lazarus Dark
Supermodder

Lazarus Dark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't get enough events coverage. Bit-tech always has the best.
Keep it up guys!
Old 17th Apr 2006, 17:14   #5
plug_in_ross
Supermodder

plug_in_ross has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like everyone was having a good time, wouldnt mind going to one myself sometime. Shame they didnt have a Guitar Hero tournament though

Anyone got any idea on the power consumption for whole place? Must be massive.
plug_in_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2006, 20:03   #6
mattthegamer463
Mod Master

mattthegamer463 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like that laser cut circuit board case on page 2. The case is awesome.
Lian-Li PC7: C2D E6600, XFX 8800GTS 640MB, Corsair 2GB PC6400, 320GB Seagate Barracuda, EVGA 680i SLi, OCZ 850W
mattthegamer463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2006, 23:10   #7
NoahFuLing
Supermodder

NoahFuLing has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
*drools* So many gamers. I haven't gamed in over a year. Stupid self-resolve.
In regards to that laser-cut case, it's HOT! And it is a released case. Either the G50 http://lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/M_C_PS_PC-G50.htm or the G70 http://lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/S_C_PC-G70.htm . But still HOT!
NoahFuLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 00:40   #8
pheonix
Toot Toot!

pheonix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garside
I only been to one i-event, i-10, it was awesome that year they had four floors opened up and I think it was the first time they broke 1000 users.
I've still got a load of BT i10 mugs. Atleast I think they're i10!

Those were the days. The older grandstand was much nicer IMO! And I liked all the sub rooms. Doesn't have the same effect as you walk in though, until you took a walk around and realised how stupidly big the whole place was!

Those were the days
Old 18th Apr 2006, 02:35   #9
halomasta203
What's a Dremel?

halomasta203 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does anyone have any information on the mouse that the kid (with the 27 in. LG screen) was using? Any info on where to buy, who makes it..anything. It looks very interesting as I have never seen a mouse like that, that could be used for gaming. I would appreciate it if anyone responds who has info. Thanks in advance.
halomasta203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 05:07   #10
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've gotta be honest, the obsessive Creative coverage for almost any event is starting to get to me. I know they're (were?) a big site sponsor and all, but them having their own page seems a bit much.

I agree though, that circuit board mod was absolutely awesome. Very cool and pretty darned original, and surprisingly not over-the-top.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 07:32   #11
Fly
inter arma silent leges

Fly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehed
I've gotta be honest, the obsessive Creative coverage for almost any event is starting to get to me. I know they're (were?) a big site sponsor and all, but them having their own page seems a bit much.
The guys on our team who worked extremely hard on the Creative mods are very proud of their work, as are the rest of us. This is one of the main reasons we are so happy to "show off" the work the bit-tech team is capable of, especially when it is in the public domain like it was at i27!

Old 18th Apr 2006, 09:26   #12
Kudos
What's a Dremel?

Kudos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I had to register for the forums after seein the "Guild Wars" mod.

I'm thinking it was an Inwin Q-500 case (got one myself), but the pics were a bit lacking on details so I'm not possitive... Kinda curious on whether I'm right or not, and I don't wan't to wait for the review thats been promised.

And if it is a Q-500, I want to know how many ppl helped carry the rig in... those things are heavier empty than most full rigs!!! (monitor included)

Can anyone give me an answer before curiosity kills this cat?

*edit*
I'm probably wrong on it being a Q-500, I dug mine out and aside from the factory vents up the sides near the front it just doesn't seem right.

Might still be an older Inwin, but not a Q-500.

*hangs head in shame and crawls off into a dark corner*

Last edited by Kudos; 18th Apr 2006 at 09:38. Reason: My bad
Kudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 11:31   #13
genGz!
What's a Dremel?

genGz! has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by halomasta203
Does anyone have any information on the mouse that the kid (with the 27 in. LG screen) was using? Any info on where to buy, who makes it..anything. It looks very interesting as I have never seen a mouse like that, that could be used for gaming. I would appreciate it if anyone responds who has info. Thanks in advance.
Hey guys, this is Matt from uQ Gaming. It was my rig that was featured in the post you mention and was being demonstrated to Wil (really sound guy) by my colleague Iain.

The mouse we were pimiping at the event was provided by our sponsors www.gamingmouse.com. The company who makes it, GWSystems, do alot of development work for Razer and Logitech so the guys know what they are talking about! The theory is that because you have more muscles in your fingers than your wrist and forearm, you are mose able to accurately use the mouse. It is quite a departure from the previous style and takes some getting used to. That being said, one guy picked it straight up, loaded up de_dust2 and blew the heads off 3 enemies without so much as a flinch! All at default settings. Here's the tech details:

Weighing in at 2.5 oz, the small, circular RTR-720 is approx 35% lighter and smaller than the average desktop mouse. Smaller and lighter means faster, more precise action, with less movement and work.

Placing the small circular mouse between the fingers and thumb enables the ultra-precise compound motion of the fingers to contribute to mouse movement. This means the mouse can be moved twice as fast or with double the accuracy of conventional handheld desktop mice.

7 buttons in total - with 4 buttons on top and 3 pressure zones built into the wrap around rubber grip, there is a button at every fingertip. Grip zones with Shift functions can quadruple the commands available from the other buttons.

1600 dpi (optical) for precise aiming and game control. X and Y axis sensitivity are individually and dynamically adjustable.

Top Exiting Mouse Cord eliminates drag for cordless perfomance.

The RTR-720 contains its own CPU, memory, and software for advanced performance without special disc-based drivers. The RTR-720 contains more than 5 times the processing power of the original IBM PC or Apple IIe which it uses to intelligently manage an innovative new suite of gaming controls and binding capabilities.

The RTR-720 with PAL 2.0 Mouse Controls and Binding Engine features the capability to save, store, and manage 30 complete sets of configuration instructions. Profiles are stored in onboard memory and can be dynamically changed to automatically or manually configure the RTR for use with specific games, mods, or applications. 32k of non-volatile onboard memory enables highly customized configurations to be automatically loaded upon game or program activation–completely independently of the machine it is plugged to.

Get 10% off your purchase at www.GamingMouse.com with this coupon code: UQQ1

As for the system we were using it with, it was an Alienware Area 51-M 7700 Laptop with an Intel 3.6 P4, GeForce 6800 @ 400MHz/1100Mhz, 2GB DDR 500 RAM and plugged into the stunning 32" LG Monitor which was a stonking 8ms response.
genGz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 15:07   #14
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i27 was good, but the bar is toooo ar away. I seen you mooching about will.

NoFear & uQ ***!
keir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 16:59   #15
halomasta203
What's a Dremel?

halomasta203 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by genGz!
Hey guys, this is Matt from uQ Gaming. It was my rig that was featured in the post you mention and was being demonstrated to Wil (really sound guy) by my colleague Iain.

The mouse we were pimiping at the event was provided by our sponsors www.gamingmouse.com. The company who makes it, GWSystems, do alot of development work for Razer and Logitech so the guys know what they are talking about! The theory is that because you have more muscles in your fingers than your wrist and forearm, you are mose able to accurately use the mouse. It is quite a departure from the previous style and takes some getting used to. That being said, one guy picked it straight up, loaded up de_dust2 and blew the heads off 3 enemies without so much as a flinch! All at default settings. Here's the tech details:

Weighing in at 2.5 oz, the small, circular RTR-720 is approx 35% lighter and smaller than the average desktop mouse. Smaller and lighter means faster, more precise action, with less movement and work.

Placing the small circular mouse between the fingers and thumb enables the ultra-precise compound motion of the fingers to contribute to mouse movement. This means the mouse can be moved twice as fast or with double the accuracy of conventional handheld desktop mice.

7 buttons in total - with 4 buttons on top and 3 pressure zones built into the wrap around rubber grip, there is a button at every fingertip. Grip zones with Shift functions can quadruple the commands available from the other buttons.

1600 dpi (optical) for precise aiming and game control. X and Y axis sensitivity are individually and dynamically adjustable.

The RTR-720 contains its own CPU, memory, and software for advanced performance without special disc-based drivers. The RTR-720 contains more than 5 times the processing power of the original IBM PC or Apple IIe which it uses to intelligently manage an innovative new suite of gaming controls and binding capabilities.

The RTR-720 with PAL 2.0 Mouse Controls and Binding Engine features the capability to save, store, and manage 30 complete sets of configuration instructions. Profiles are stored in onboard memory and can be dynamically changed to automatically or manually configure the RTR for use with specific games, mods, or applications. 32k of non-volatile onboard memory enables highly customized configurations to be automatically loaded upon game or program activation–completely independently of the machine it is plugged to.

As for the system we were using it with, it was an Alienware Area 51-M 7700 Laptop with an Intel 3.6 P4, GeForce 6800 @ 400MHz/1100Mhz, 2GB DDR 500 RAM and plugged into the stunning 32" LG Monitor which was a stonking 8ms response.
Thank you very much for the information. Now I'm starting to get worried that its going to be too much money after reading the specs on it and seeing that there is a 10% off coupon.
halomasta203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 18:19   #16
plebsy
What's a Dremel?

plebsy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by genGz!

What games did you use with this mouse? The fact that you are limited to just the index finger for button pressing seems a drawback for games like cod.
plebsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2006, 19:48   #17
no friends
Modder

no friends has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=392588

Here is the Guild Wars case

And, omfg what a good LAN. Lots of debaits about security though :

[atrack]no friends[/atrack]
no friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2006, 00:00   #18
Mark64uk
What's a Dremel?

Mark64uk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos
I had to register for the forums after seein the "Guild Wars" mod.

I'm thinking it was an Inwin Q-500 case (got one myself), but the pics were a bit lacking on details so I'm not possitive... Kinda curious on whether I'm right or not, and I don't wan't to wait for the review thats been promised.
It isnt my Case but its a Friend of Mine. The case is a alr Revolution 6x6 and it weights a TON it was pain to get in and out of the car aswell.He actually carried it by himself but cheated abit as its on small wheels and pushed it around a little it didint help thought as were were on the 2nd floor.

Oh No_Friends how was the red bull and monster Munch ? Free food F T W

Good review guys and nice meeting ya

C Ya @ i28

Mark
Mark64uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2006, 16:14   #19
kei
What's a Dremel?

kei has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i27 was prolly best i-series yet, lots of hot stuff to play on very good atmosphere all round.

the exact weight of my guildwars case is 52kg which is a tad heavy for lifting mini wheels F T W!
kei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2006, 17:38   #20
genGz!
What's a Dremel?

genGz! has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Personally I preferred to control the mouse with my thumb and 4th finger, leaving two for button presses. We demostrated the mouse using CS, CSS, ET, CoD2 and Q4.

The price is just over £30
genGz! is offline   Reply With Quote