bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th May 2006, 23:15   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
EPIA Alloy mod

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2006...loy_mod/1.html
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 23:20   #2
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome mod! Great stuff
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 23:31   #3
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Although I am mad about cars, that mod really isnt my thing. I have no doubt that it is an amazing mod and very original. But it isnt "spectacular" like some of the other case mods I see around.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 23:33   #4
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice work there, I would be a little too worried to go messing around with some alloys like that but you had sponsorship to help you out. You did good.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 23:35   #5
Dragon
Multimodder

Dragon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice mod, I also really respect the fact that he made a point of actually pointing out the errors like wonky PSU, rather than trying to hide them in the photos.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 23:35   #6
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Now that is nice. That's like the Man's Version of an HTPC.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:50   #7
Mr T
4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Mr T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks good shame about the wholes drilled in the rim from the first version

An idea i had is how about having the centre cap as the power button? That would be cool.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.4Ghz - 4Gb Corsair 6400C4 - Abit IP35 - 256mb nVidia 7900GS
Corsair HX 520w PSU - Pioneer DVR-212 DVD-RW - 74Gb Western Digital Raptor - 320Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 00:13   #8
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
While the whole tire/rim PC really isn't for me, it's pretty well done. If you discount the fact that home theatre's don't function too well without a DVD drive or tuner.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 00:56   #9
BG_Geno
What's a Dremel?

BG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run CrysisBG_Geno can run Crysis
Media PC

Excellent mod--well worth the effort. One question. Did I miss the part where V2 got a DVD ROM drive? Not much of a Media PC without a DVD ROM drive. DVD's over a networked drive are only so so.
BG_Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 02:04   #10
BadHead
Multimodder

BadHead has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yip - A wheely good mod - and one that you'll never get tyred of....!

Geddit...geddit.....Aw,well never mind.
BadHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 03:05   #11
Lonesarah
What's a Dremel?

Lonesarah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope
Can I have taht computer I'll pay for the shipping and handling
Lonesarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 05:21   #12
mattthegamer463
Mod Master

mattthegamer463 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice mod, but I don't really feel too wowed by it. I guess because I'm a stylish but practical type of guy, and that has about no practical applications. It would just roll off a desk and stuff, so sort of less than normal practicality. Looks pretty cool though. On the plus side, if you drop your PC it will bounce and roll, so it won't break as long as its not jostled too much.
Lian-Li PC7: C2D E6600, XFX 8800GTS 640MB, Corsair 2GB PC6400, 320GB Seagate Barracuda, EVGA 680i SLi, OCZ 850W
mattthegamer463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 05:39   #13
Etacovda
Supermodder

Etacovda has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought the first version was terrible, personally (sorry!) but the second one looks the part. I would have used the centre badge as the power button personally.
Etacovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 07:06   #14
malcolm
Multimodder

malcolm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The valve cap as the reset button would also be great

Maybe one of those see through valve caps, and use it as the power light and button in one?
Old 17th May 2006, 07:13   #15
LoneArchon
Supermodder

LoneArchon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great mod and love the second version even more. But for my room this would not fit and would look out of place. I have to hand it to you on the originality great work and great to see that you did not leave it as it was after version 1
Old 17th May 2006, 07:56   #16
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
I like computers... I like cars... I like this mod.

Fantastic
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 512GB Samsung 830 SSD 4TB of HDD Storage 4GB EVGA GTX670 Superclocked SLI Corsair 650D Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP Logitech Z623
EARTH| Celeron E3200 Gigabyte G31M-ES2L LSI SAS9260-8i 3TB RAID5 Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 08:40   #17
Fozzy
Ultramodder

Fozzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thank god you re-made that dude the origional didnt look so hot but the revision sweeps and is a very good mod indeed. Personally I would have left the tire off but that's just me.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 08:44   #18
Fozzy
Ultramodder

Fozzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegamer463
Nice mod, but I don't really feel too wowed by it. I guess because I'm a stylish but practical type of guy, and that has about no practical applications. It would just roll off a desk and stuff, so sort of less than normal practicality. Looks pretty cool though. On the plus side, if you drop your PC it will bounce and roll, so it won't break as long as its not jostled too much.
Well as for practicality

a) This computer wasnt designed for and will never be used for gameing because epias arent fast enough. That means it's only going to lans as a showpiece which eliminates practicality all together.

b) It's not going on his desk it's sitting next to his computer up against a wall and probably will only be moved once a year.

c) He made a stand for it to keep it from rolling.

d) Who said mods were practical. I used to be able to strip my comp in under an hour. Now it would take at least 5.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 09:54   #19
GoTaLL
Supermodder

GoTaLL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well allmost right .. i like cars i like the "raw" look on it .. it dont look like a computer ...

i will be using it as a "htpc", sure a dvd would be nice to have in it but not needed "i dont want any parts of the computer showing .. the cables when connected is strapped together so still dont show .. .. its connected to the lan at home works sweet , using talisman desktop on it .. only 4 big buttons showing .. photo, dvd, musik,video got a wireless keyboard with remote what more is needed..

it will be brought to Dreamhack for show true but it will still be landing in my livingroom at the end .. (if no one buys it)..

www.customengraver.se
GoTaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 11:19   #20
Lazlow
I have a dremel.

Lazlow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It looks very good and original. It was good to see that you started again on V2 - the first was OK, but the non-parallel PSU looked terrible.

Is it one of the first mods to blend PC and Car modding?