What's happened to casetech.co.uk

Discussion in 'General' started by webchimp, 17 Jul 2006.

1. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

A couple of months ago I ordered a couple of bits from casetech.co.uk, after a couple of weeks, nothing turned up, so I contacted them and they said they would re-send the order.

I kind of forgot about it, I wasn't desparate for the items, but a month or so has gone by and still nothing has shown up. I just went to their web site: http://www.casetech.co.uk/ to cntact them again and it's not there.

Have they gone bust? Has anyone else had a similar problems with "no show" orders from casetech?

UPDATE

If you look at the page source for the "blank" castech page, you'll see that it is an actual "empty page" and not a "page not found", so it must have been deliberately "emptied". Curious. :worried:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

3. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that Doug, I suspected as much.

Thankfully the order that I had placed with them was not for a significant sum, and it's probably not worth spending the time jumping through all the necessary hoops to try and get a refund.

Unfortunately for customers, when a company goes bust they are usually last in line to get any sort of redress, the tax men and the banks are first to take any assets and there's not usually much left after they've taken their cut, so the little guys that can least afford it take the hit. :sigh:

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Wow, that's CPUcity and Casetech that'd appear to have gone down the pan this year so far. Bad year to be a computer retailer I guess :eek:

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Woa, good job I decided to get my case from elsewhere and not casetech like I had planned.