bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Jul 2006, 08:57   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Flogging the Wrong Dead Horse

http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2006...d_horse/1.html

Old 26th Jul 2006, 09:35   #2
Nature
Supermodder

Nature has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fox News is my favorite! Whenever I want to be told what to think anyways. Biass is different from stating the obvious, and Symantec is saying the given: that this new microsoft is just as insecure as the previous versions. With time anything is vunerable and can be minipulated. Rupert Murdok and co. are biass, ignorant conjurers of truth that feed simple minds feelings of understanding and patriotism...
Old 26th Jul 2006, 10:23   #3
Mad Evil
What's a Dremel?

Mad Evil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
never liked Symantec anyway and on Vista - don't really care for all it's fluffy Aero stuff, as long as it doesn't have any network issues/bugs
Mad Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2006, 11:14   #4
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
i agree somewhat that dog food should be their next line of work, after all they've made a dogs dinner of reporting a flaw in some Beta software
Old 26th Jul 2006, 11:34   #5
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Fear tactics like this have no business being part of an industry leader's corporate presence.
I agree, tatics like this Shouldn't be part of a company's strategy, but this is the 21st century and they're here to stay. As someone over in the discussion on AMD=ATI said, "Companies go broke by working hard". Anymore working hard and making good products is not a winning strategy. Companies succeed by convincing increasingly uncomprehending consumers that their product is better regardless of the facts. In this market an ounce of hype is better than a pound of good technology and, sadly, I don't see it changing anytime soon
Old 26th Jul 2006, 13:51   #6
CJs06
What's a Dremel?

CJs06 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It is sad, that businesses will prey on the many ignorant people out there who have more money than sense.

Makes you wonder how it will end if it ever will.
Pentium D 805 @ 3.6GHz | MSI P4N Diamond | 2GB PQI PC4200 @540Mhz | EVGA eGeForce 6800GT 256MB | 2x SATA2 160GB 7200RPM | Antec Performance TX1050B SOHO Tower | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS | LG Flatron L203WTX
CJs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2006, 16:34   #7
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06
Makes you wonder how it will end if it ever will.
I dont think it ever will, like Cthippo says, these are the tactics of the 21st century. And to many corporations ingorant people = $$$ and are fair game! I must admit in the last few days i've lost an enormous amount of respect for symantec.
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2006, 16:53   #8
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Symantec are the new microsoft though tbh, buying up everything that looks decent, getting the utter noobs to buy crappy bloated software that doesn't work well just beause of comparatively heavy marketing. It does't surprise me at all that they're playing dirty. Only real thing I'm sad about is that they make just about the best virus definitions in existance, but I'm happy to miss a few percent more viruses in exchange for giving my money to a less bad company.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2006, 12:00   #9
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about not giving any money to any company and go for a free antivirus alternative ?
g3n3tiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2006, 19:55   #10
img
Multimodder

img has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
shame. maybe microsoft should start telling people about the flaws found in syamantec software. Really a lot of people dont like their software but they do really do the best virus def`s shame their software is so much more resource hungry. Corp version is much better as well
img is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2006, 22:01   #11
airchie
Mod Master

airchie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hate all symantec/Norton software with a passion.
The very definition of bloatware IMO.

NOD32 F T W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwandrer
Being a legitimate customer of the games industry is increasingly like being in a relationship with an abusive spouse.
airchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2007, 12:20   #12
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
symantec do make one good product, their Corperate AV "Symantec Antivirus" (10.1.x // 10.2.x(vista)) which has consecutavly been one of the top // if not the top performer in AV testing results.

but thatsthe only good thing to say about them
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2007, 14:52   #13
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by airchie
I hate all symantec/Norton software with a passion.
And that's the kind of blinkered thinking that allows this sort of thing (and Fox) to exist. "A" can't be slightly better than "B", "A" must be the best thing since sliced bread and "B" absolute scum.

It's only frigging software; what do you think causes most road accidents, car faults or motorist faults?