bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd Aug 2006, 06:50   #181
tkdwarrior
Multimodder

tkdwarrior has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no pressure or anything there hydro...

try to keep it log related - i don't want to see what you got up to on the weekend if it isn't your log, nor would i inflict upon you details of what i get up to if they weren't relevant to the log.

not trying to start a flame war, just some constructive criticism.
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 23:54   #182
Bullitdodger
If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Bullitdodger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I must say, I'm amazed....Damn, this thing rules, dude.....
Old 24th Aug 2006, 05:09   #183
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey all.

Firstly I do agree with tdkwarrior here, let's try to keep this thread as readable as possible and focus on the mod itself.

Secondly the situation as it stands is that I'm working 4 nights a week as a bouncer in a bar (from 20.30 to 04.00), so the following day I usually sleep quite long, so not too much time for modding. Also I'm coding a webpage for a menswear store, which also has a deadline. Working like this makes it possible for me to buy nice parts for this mod and continue to make it better, so that can't be bad

Thirdly (is that a word, lol) I'm redesigning and innovating a few new things for the mod, and they are, at this point, only designs which I'll have to make happen, so they'll come along, but possibly slowly. Also I'm still waiting for the harddrive to arrive, it's been on backorder for a couple of weeks now.

So in conclusion, I'll keep working on the Orange Monster where and when I can, but updates might be a bit rare for the next few weeks, though I'll try to bring you something new when I possibly can. Hope that you'll bare with me with this one. The case itself doesn't have a deadline, but I'd want it ready and in use as fast as possible, so once I get all the parts together, it shouldn't take long to assemble it.

Keep tuned.

Janne

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2006, 05:42   #184
hydro_electric_655
Dremelly Dude

hydro_electric_655 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It was just a joke I though the miffed faces were funny. Just wondering what is better than modding.
hydro_electric_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2006, 06:12   #185
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey hydro, I got your joke, but still, let's try to keep this thread clean.

And to answer your question, nothing is better than modding

Janne

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 24th Aug 2006, 08:13   #186
modsquad
Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

modsquad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats on the front page Dark.. well deserved..
Time is always the problem. There is never enough. It can sometimes take hours to get a certain detail "just right" and even longer to come up with the idea in the first place..
Take your time, do it right.. This is not a race..
Great-Work..
modsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2006, 10:44   #187
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
but just hurry up and finish :P

Nah serioulsy bud its looking amazing, the level of your work is out standing, what do you do for a job btw? i guess its nothing like this lol

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2006, 14:03   #188
Darkened
Hypermodder

Thanks for the support guys, I'm more than happy that your reaction to my slow progress is this kind.

For Mother-Gooser, as I said a few posts ago, I currently work as a bouncer and on the side I study datacommunications in a polytechnic. I also do a bit of webdesigning when I can. So no, building cases isn't anywhere near my "profession"

Now I'm off to a motorcycle shop and a shop that sells RC stuff, shopping for the Orange Monster though...you'll see

Janne

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 24th Aug 2006, 18:56   #189
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hehe nice stuff matey! web designing eh? i've just finished my degree here in the uk and did a bit of that., once you have done all your stuff on this case i may pic your brains about working on it (the case that is) but i'll save my questions

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2006, 19:42   #190
Jokkocze
Hypermodder

Jokkocze has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about an update? :P
Old 24th Aug 2006, 23:04   #191
Pie_uk
British beef, in Britain

Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
oh and where did you get all that acrylic from? perspex ?

and how are you getting the wires from the PSU up to the mobo since that orange shroude is now blocking it
Old 27th Aug 2006, 21:53   #192
Darkened
Hypermodder

Some more CF...

Monster's back!

Okay, now I have a few days to work on the mod, so let's get going shall we...

A few Q&A:

@Mother-Gooser

Do ask your questions, if they are about the mod, don't save them.

@PIE_UK

Now I'll have to use the smilie thing, I've explained that at least twice in the thread and a few more times in PM:s. But to make a short story even shorter, I havn't bought it from anywhere.

For the wires, that's going to be a surprise...

Ok, some update stuff at last

Firstly I redid the lower part of the CF vinyl for the divider plate. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped so what do we do...redo! Especially the "corner" in the front was a problem, the vinyl wasn't sticking to it for some reason, but that's fixed now.

And since I was cutting vinyl again, I decided to do this...

...and I like it. Not too visible part, but as modsquad once said; "The god is in the details". That'll be my mantra from now on

Moving on.

This was a bit more difficult part to do, but after a while I pulled it off quite well. This part is also going to be under an acrylic shroud, which will be something I'll be doing this week.

That's it for now, a small update, but there's more to come...

Janne

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 27th Aug 2006, 22:43   #193
cire9753
Supermodder

cire9753 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks great !
cire9753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2006, 22:51   #194
PA!N
Hypermodder

PA!N has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ahhh I just love the look of carbone fiber
PA!N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2006, 08:39   #195
tkdwarrior
Multimodder

tkdwarrior has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
you cant do one side and leave the other bare alu.....that would be a crime
Old 28th Aug 2006, 08:45   #196
hydro_electric_655
Dremelly Dude

hydro_electric_655 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm. Makes me want to make a true CF case. Custom. Maybe Be expensive but worth it if you can afford it.
hydro_electric_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2006, 08:51   #197
huren
Supermodder

huren has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is it just me or are the pictures down again ?
huren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2006, 08:55   #198
ShadowWings
Modder

ShadowWings has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by huren
Is it just me or are the pictures down again ?
I think that it's just you. sorry bout that
ShadowWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2006, 09:14   #199
ssR
Carbon God

ssR has yet to learn the way of the DremelssR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_electric_655
Hmm. Makes me want to make a true CF case. Custom. Maybe Be expensive but worth it if you can afford it.
if you need any tips on working with real carbon i can help.
and darkened great work with that vinyl looks really good dude
ssR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2006, 12:39   #200
GT40_GearHead
Modder

GT40_GearHead has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssR
if you need any tips on working with real carbon i can help.
and darkened great work with that vinyl looks really good dude
where can i finde it
GT40_GearHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case mod

View Mode