bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Aug 2006, 18:42   #121
hydro_electric_655
Dremelly Dude

hydro_electric_655 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ahh a man who knows his vinyl. that looks sick but are you going to cutout the wire slot in the middle or make your own?
hydro_electric_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2006, 20:36   #122
GuardianStorm
Ultramodder

GuardianStorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oooh looks great

GS = 5Stars + Subscribed
Finished Projects: Yarrrbox :: Laptop Stand :: Bench PSU MK2 :: FS2
Guides: How To Bend Metal
GuardianStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2006, 20:59   #123
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn nice! This is getting better and better everytime!
Five stars from me too!
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2006, 21:15   #124
chase
Multimodder

chase has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Youre a source of inspiration man, I wanna mod something (my case) when I see this.
I'll check if i can fing some dome nuts too
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2006, 21:54   #125
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
orange seems to be the flavour for mods atm and i cant complain, i love orange

EDIT: After reading the full log can I order a psu divider? :P

MSI GS70 STEALTH

Last edited by Mother-Goose; 16th Aug 2006 at 10:53.
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2006, 13:15   #126
tkdwarrior
Multimodder

tkdwarrior has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
real carbon-fibre looks a bit different to that... if you sprayed some clear gloss varnish over it (the stuff that is showing anyway) it would look closer to the real deal. Only noticed that today when i was working with some
tkdwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2006, 15:45   #127
Heero195
Multimodder

Heero195 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking Good

- "Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul." - Tycho -
Heero195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2006, 17:52   #128
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sorry guys, I just got back and now I'm off to work, I'll answer all the questions when I get back.

Night all...

Janne

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2006, 17:12   #129
modsquad
Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

modsquad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The CF vinyl is a nice touch..
But, what about some acrylic over-top of the CF on the MB-plate?
that would keep the "theme" running..
modsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2006, 17:25   #130
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Ok, it's Q&A time again...

@hydro_electric_655

Which wire slot did you mean, the ellipse shaped in the middle of the divider plate? If so, there's not going to be hole there, but I think that part is missing something. Ideas welcome

@Mother-Gooser

Did you mean a shroud for the lower compartment? I wouldn't be too happy about doing that all over again, but with mucho dineros it could be possible

@tkdwarrior and modsquad

Yeah, the vinyl isn't quite like the real deal, but an acrylic shroud there wouldn't be a bad idea, I think I'm going for it Thanks for the ideas guys!

Next update will probably be either tomorrow or monday, depending on how much I can get done. The weekend is reserved for other activities this time

Thanks to all who continue to read this thread, your support means the worlds to me.

Janne

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2006, 21:46   #131
Tman
What's a Dremel?

Tman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW!!! GREAT MOD!!!!

I just have one question
where did you get the plexi glass?

I really need some
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2006, 23:32   #132
hydro_electric_655
Dremelly Dude

Could you put a watch face in that elliptical whole maybe an old person oversized watch under the plexi or gut a nightstand clock. Take it apart and mount the LCD part right under the plexi and fill in the rest with bondo or make an acrylic mount. you could piece it into the lower part so that holds it in place yoru divider plate on the PSU area bottom area.

What I mean is gut an alarm clock with led segment display hide the circuit board run apropraite voltage to it via power supply and resistors maybe. Then mount teh actual screen where the hole it. And make sure it can be seen through a window in the sidepanel.If you are feeling really creative cut a rectangle out of the orange and mount a clear piece in that spot and put the led display there. Just a thought since its actually a case modeled after watch name.
Old 18th Aug 2006, 12:31   #133
Pie_uk
British beef, in Britain

Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
superb work there matey !

can i ask you how much money and time has gone into this, cause when i start my project I am hoping to stil have a nice girlfriend by the end of it lol

oh and where did you get that kit that comes with the molex pin remover etc

thanks dude
Old 18th Aug 2006, 23:08   #134
stevehp
Modder

stevehp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To each his own, but the Seasonic will run cooler, and quieter than a Cooltek. A simple fan swap would have been more simpler and better in the long run the Seasonic has a much better fan controller.
stevehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2006, 06:48   #135
modsquad
Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

modsquad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_electric_655
Could you put a watch face in that elliptical whole maybe an old person oversized watch under the plexi or gut a nightstand clock. Take it apart and mount the LCD part right under the plexi and fill in the rest with bondo or make an acrylic mount. you could piece it into the lower part so that holds it in place yoru divider plate on the PSU area bottom area.

What I mean is gut an alarm clock with led segment display hide the circuit board run apropraite voltage to it via power supply and resistors maybe. Then mount teh actual screen where the hole it. And make sure it can be seen through a window in the sidepanel.If you are feeling really creative cut a rectangle out of the orange and mount a clear piece in that spot and put the led display there. Just a thought since its actually a case modeled after watch name.
That would be project Clockwork Orange which IMO is a kickass project name..
modsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2006, 07:33   #136
hydro_electric_655
Dremelly Dude

modsqaud and I are in for a clock work orange case and it will have a digital clock display where that hole is.
Old 21st Aug 2006, 12:02   #137
sunnyg
Multimodder

sunnyg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that idea of the pleaxi is so original. adds a nice touch to your rear.
sunnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2006, 15:10   #138
ShadowWings
Modder

ShadowWings has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How come I only noticed this project today, damm nice detail work!!!
ShadowWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2006, 16:53   #139
leviathan18
Multimodder

leviathan18 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
80% of photos are dead due to exceed bandwith
Old 21st Aug 2006, 17:15   #140
yahooadam
Ultra csavarkulcs
Banned

yahooadam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote: