Supermodder

Garside has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Razer Krait Mouse Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/...r_krait/1.html
Garside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 15:54   #2
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think all this <put the game type here>-specific mouse is a bit exaggerated.
Ok for the gamer-oriented and normal mice, but nothing more. What's next ? Z-board style, you buy a different mouse cover for each game ?

-flame off-
Well, Got a bit carried away here.
Old 10th Aug 2006, 15:57   #3
EK-MDi
Multimodder

EK-MDi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be nice if it was wireless. What a shame.
EK-MDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 16:04   #4
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK-MDi
It would be nice if it was wireless. What a shame.
No high end gamers mouse is wireless at the moment, as far as I know.
Old 10th Aug 2006, 16:17   #5
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
I think there are a couple of logitech wireless gamers mice AFAIK but I don' think they're the 'flagship' model.

I think targeting this mouse at a RTS/MMO audience is a bit stupid really, it's basically a copperhead with the side buttons removed (and for some reason, it seems those 4 buttons cost 20 to put on the mouse).

This would've been far better advertised as a budget gaming mouse than an RTS mouse, my diamond back is just as good, if not better (due to the fact I could assign a function to one of my buttons as you've said, like build worker). I tend to not use the extra buttons on my diamondback as I find them a little awkward to use (especially trying to press the right side buttons with my pinky finger, the left side ones are easy to push with my thumb). I think it's more to do with me being so used to using the keyboard to change weapon. etc. that I forget to use the buttons I've assigned functions to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Messing around with the sensitivity "on the fly" just doesn't really seem too useful to me.
Not true in my IMO, sure I prefer to keep my mouse at one sensitivity, but sometimes I find my mouse far too sensitive to do certain tasks, or sometimes when I open a game it drastically reduces the mouse speed (like America's Army), it can come in handy sometimes. It's not a feature I use alot, but when I do I'm glad it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 16:21   #6
rupbert
Hypermodder

rupbert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I would never use one anyway, a wireless mouse even being 99% reliable isn't good enough in the middle of an important moment...
rupbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 17:03   #7
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
I think targeting this mouse at a RTS/MMO audience is a bit stupid really, it's basically a copperhead with the side buttons removed (and for some reason, it seems those 4 buttons cost 20 to put on the mouse).
nah, this mouse is basically a Copperhead in the shell of a Viper - just as I requested when I reviewed the Copperhead.

Choosing a mouse is a very personal thing, IMO - I love the shape of the Viper, and with the more advanced internals it looks like I could be shelling out for one of these.
Old 10th Aug 2006, 17:28   #8
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3n3tiX
I think all this <put the game type here>-specific mouse is a bit exaggerated...
Absolutely

I have both the Diamondback and the Copperhead. I slightly prefer the built in profiles of the Copperhead but the Diamondback's height feels slightly better. To me the Krait looks like a Diamondback without the extra buttons (but with a cool new orange glow). Market it as a "more affordable gaming mouse".
Old 10th Aug 2006, 20:06   #9
AngelOfRage
Supermodder

AngelOfRage has yet to learn the way of the DremelAngelOfRage has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

There is the Logitech G7, the wireless version of the G5.

I have the G5 and it really is a nice mouse, didn't fancy paying the extra for the G7 though...
Old 10th Aug 2006, 21:05   #10
LVMike
Supermodder

LVMike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I own a dimonddack but, i would have perfered a mouse that DIDNT have side buttons. I like other readers find i dont use them or that they are poorly placed for my large hands. If this mouse had been out when i pick up mine i would have gotten this insted. IF I were razor i would advertise this as an "entry" level Pro-summer mouse with all the accuracy o its bigger brothers, non of the frills, and half the price. Its hard for some people to justify spend so much on a gaming mouse, this could fill that gap.
LVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 21:52   #11
Ab$olut
Supermodder

Ab$olut has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why???? im sure you can own on rts with a 5 MS mouse just for bragging rights within your guild or whatever the only need for a high dpi mouse is for fps's anything else uses its own controllers for best results such as wheels or joysticks/pads
Old 10th Aug 2006, 23:08   #12
scq
Hypermodder

scq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
But what about cable drag!? Why isn't it magnetic, with a magnetic mousepad, so the mouse floats on a cushion of air to reduce friction? Why isn't the mouse in a vaccuum container, with a glove inside, so you can operate the mouse in a vaccuum to reduce air drag?

Surely, this is no true gamer mouse, as a true gamer would need such "high end" equiptment to make him or her play better.
scq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 23:08   #13
TheoGeo
What are these goddamn animals?!

TheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its basicaly a mouse with fewer features and a lower selling point, but rather than say that, they are selling it as an rts mouse instead of a general gaming mouse.

Personaly i dont see any reason to go any better than the mx500 i have here, anything more just seems like gimmicks and bragging rights to me.

Some people might like wireless since it allows you to use it the other side of your room, but why? when im using my computer i never have any reason to move further away, especialy when playing games, the cord has never got in the way either. Plus i'd hate having to remember to charge it all the time.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
TheoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2006, 23:56   #14
Tyinsar

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scq
... Why isn't it magnetic, with a magnetic mousepad, so the mouse floats on a cushion of air to reduce friction? ...
Wellllll .... I do have some really strong magnets (old hard drives are fun ) What a whacky mod that would be

oh, no, wait the optical sensor would need to be modded to
Old 11th Aug 2006, 00:12   #15
scq
Hypermodder

scq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyinsar
Wellllll .... I do have some really strong magnets (old hard drives are fun ) What a whacky mod that would be

oh, no, wait the optical sensor would need to be modded to
The optical sensor can operate a few millimeters in the air. Your primary concern would be computer/IC damage, as we've all probably learned about magnets + computers = badness.

It also may be hard using a magnetic mouse, but all in the name of 32 billion DPI only to get headshotted by some kid with a trackball mouse on a Pentium II.
scq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 00:22   #16
Tyinsar

[OT]

scq: I read your earlier post as sarcasm. Mine was an attempt at humour. (though I was serious about old hard drives being fun & the magnets are great - but a little fragile)

http://www.dansdata.com/magnets.htm
http://www.7volts.com/magnets.htm
http://www.wondermagnet.com/other/gentest.html

[/OT]

Last edited by Tyinsar; 11th Aug 2006 at 00:26. Reason: added links
Tyinsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 03:42   #17
sl1xx
Multimodder

sl1xx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks a nice mouse i would prefair, it to have blue lights init. i ahve been after a razor mouse for a long time but i need to feel one to make sure my hand feel's good on one but there is no shop about to try them out.
sl1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 07:52   #18
dragon-fly
Minimodder

dragon-fly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ive a logitech mx518 right here, a "upgraded" version of the mx 500 and i have to say i like it.

theres a reason why we arent exactly using magnetic mouses in vac container, your hands arent THAT precice without any drag. cable drag isnt that heavy anyways compared to the weight on my humungus mouse which isnt exactly a fingertip mouse FYI. it is still okay though, although a little bit more precision would have been nice. i do use the extra buttons though, i mean, in a FPS, youre likely to be strafing (one button) sprinting (two buttons) and/or jumping ( a third button) while youre in battle trying to dodge bullets. now if you also want to change weapons and the correct weapon you want just so happens to be number 7, youre likely to miss it without proper training, so the extra mouse buttons are welcomed

and those extra mouse buttons, i am sure you can leave then to do nothing or unassigned so that you can click away without it doing anything you downt want it to. thats what ive did with this odd resize button i have on my mouse...
dragon-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 14:35   #19
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the 3 extra buttons on the side of my mouse (MX1000) too. In Guild Wars, for example, I have the "forward" button set up as Next Target, "Back" as Previous Target and the "Zoom(middle)" button set to Call Target. In an FPS game I tend to set favoured weapons (Mini-Gun/Sniper Rifle/Rocket Launcher).

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 21:57   #20
g-freak
What's a Dremel?

g-freak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
YAY they got the Razer name right this time! now to read the article....
g-freak is offline   Reply With Quote