1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox 2 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 17 Aug 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

First off, link goes to news dicussion.
    Second I have started using Firefox now, and I must say that it is a vast improvement over IE. As for Firefox 2 I am looking forward to the new features. Delayed, is anything comming out on time these days?

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I just hope Opera 10 won't be too long..

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

No hurry on Opera 10, I like 9.x just fine :D

5. CountStiltzkin

CountStiltzkin What's a Dremel?

6. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

So when MS says Vista is delayed everyone laughs and belittles(sp?) them for not keeping it to release date, yet we should be "saddend" that firefox is late? why should we not laugh and abuse the FF dev team for not keeping to release dates as well? I mean the code for FF is about 1/10000th the size of windows (probably?) and they cant even get it out on time.. oh dear.. boohoo.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Except for that fact the Mozilla have a lot fewer developers, and they produce as much as they can whenever they can to show they are working on stuff constantly.

8. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'd be happy if 10 had GTK support and nothing else, it'd still be better than firefox.

9. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

I personally have been using ie7 for a while now.. and love it. So I'll be going with ie7 when its released as my browser of choice.

10. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Me too, it's great :thumb:. I used to use Firefox for quite a while, but when BETA 3 of IE7 was released, I switched to that. I can't wait until the final released version of IE7 :D!

11. [Jonny]

[Jonny] What's a Dremel?

12. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

How about this one... BECAUSE IT'S FREEEEEEE!

13. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

Google toolbar ?

Doesn't IE7 have this .... i guess its a good thing though, depending how it works

Whats wrong with the tabbed browsing, i thought all they added was a X to each tab, bit of a non-feature when you can use Ctrl-W to close a tab

The only thing wrong with the "search functionality" is when you cant type because the damn search box takes over

In all, large delay, and it doesn't seem to offer that much .....

14. Ringold

Ringold What's a Dremel?

I'd use IE7, I tried one of its beta's, and using it would just mean one or two less applications installed... but I have a feeling IE can be made the Fort Knox of browsers but it'll still get hacked to death.. why? Because it's IE! It's target profile is a kilometer wide, just begging people to poke holes in it. And IE7 will likely just be considered a fun challenge, just like Starforce protection on games was.. so, much as I like IE7, I think being prudent calls for avoiding it. :(

Those nightly builds compiled by some of the people on the Mozdev forums are the best, btw. Before I switched to Opera, I ran the 3.0 code, and it was sweet. Opera is simply sweeter. :) Having rendering problems.. but I think I've made my computer angry, its not the only thing not working right.. probably pushed my RAM to too tight of timings or something..

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'm not heartbroken about this. I use Firefox exclusively on my PC (only for page testing on my Mac, Safari otherwise)... but regardless, I'd rather have it later than not working properly. That said, I can't get too excited until it'll pass ACID2, which I believe isn't happening until Firefox 3 (though it certainly does much more accurate renderings than IE7 Beta, and don't even start with IE6). Though, that said, it sounds like it'll fix a few niggles I've come across since having switched primarily to Safari (as my MBP tends to be my main system now:worried: ).

16. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

That doesn't quite fit with the line that "Firefox holes are fixed quickly because there are a zillion developers all over the galaxy working on the problem". But as it took over a week to get a UK version of 1.5(?) online after the US version appeared, and many bugs have been there for years, I'll believe you. :D

Tags: Add Tags