Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DFI announces NF590 SLI-M2R Mobo

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/08..._sli-m2r_mobo/

Old 30th Aug 2006, 14:29   #2
Lazlow
I have a dremel.

Lazlow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm interested to see how this performs, as I held out a couple of weeks for it, but then opted for the Foxconn board instead. I know many others gave up waiting and went for one of the others 590 boards available.
Old 30th Aug 2006, 14:40   #3
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is one half of what I've been waiting for, now just gotta wait for DX10.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 14:53   #4
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
cant c s/dif on the backplate anywhere? and what are the round red and yellow connectors just to the left of the analog audio?
Old 30th Aug 2006, 15:02   #5
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You answered your own question MiNiMaL Yellow is output, red is input for SPDIF IIRC. Same as all DFI mobos.

Also, the link in the article is slow for non-US people. Can you put this: http://eu.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_hea...28.jsp&SITE=UK

in please?

Old 30th Aug 2006, 15:07   #6
MidnghtDrgn
Multimodder

MidnghtDrgn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks pretty sweet, but I'd expect nothing less from DFI. Look forward to seeing your writeup on it
MidnghtDrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 18:07   #7
LVMike
Supermodder

LVMike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im holding off to see their RD600 775 boards, then i will decide between Conroe or AM2. If the reviews and experiences by others with this board are good, than i will be looking long and hard at it.
LVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 18:14   #8
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Here's a bigger view:

Old 30th Aug 2006, 18:56   #9
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
Here's a bigger view:
He's been waiting all day to show that off
Old 30th Aug 2006, 19:26   #10
FeRaL
Multimodder

FeRaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Only problem I see with it is that it doesn't have a parallel port for a DIY LCD...
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
FeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 20:03   #11
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
DFI's boards haven't for some time now
Old 30th Aug 2006, 22:29   #12
FeRaL
Multimodder

FeRaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

I guess that tells you were I've bee for the past couple of years... I'm still running on an NF-7s.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
FeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 23:29   #13
yahooadam
Ultra csavarkulcs
Banned

yahooadam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
on that note i checked my board, and yep - the SLI-DR doesn't have a parallel port

Not that its a problem for me, i don't have an LCD and my printer runs off a print server

Quote:
He's been waiting all day to show that off
Compensating for something ?

The NB fan looks like the iceberq 4, which i shoved on my SLI-DR when i got fed of the standard NB fan
They put the NB fan on the SLI-DR down as a feature, but boy did that thing suck
yahooadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2006, 12:17   #14
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The red and yellow connections are indeed for digital sound, but they are Coax not SP/dif. Although arguably Coax is better quality anyway, if u can afford decent coax cables...
Old 4th Sep 2006, 12:18   #15
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

S/PDIF does use COAX cables aswell - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

Old 4th Sep 2006, 13:47   #16
airchie
Mod Master

airchie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seesm this board will be able to support 2x dual-slot gfx cards as well as a GPU and an X-Fi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwandrer
Being a legitimate customer of the games industry is increasingly like being in a relationship with an abusive spouse.
airchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2006, 13:51   #17
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

We've got one in-house now and you'll hear about it soon enough if all goes to plan.
Old 4th Sep 2006, 14:16   #18
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

These are going for £160+ at tekheads.

Old 4th Sep 2006, 15:30   #19
Neoki
Hypermodder

Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neoki is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hmm i dnt actually see any point atm considering that there is not much of a performance upgrade. My socket 939 will do jst fine. The only i see worth while is the new cooler which jst looks like a evercool one.
My Main Rig:|AMD 64 FX60 @ Stock|DFI LanParty SLI-DR | PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI EXTREME |2 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer | 8800GTS | X-Fi Titanium Fatality®™ | Logitech® Z-5500 5.1|Hitachi 250GB x 3, 400GB, 160Gb, 120GB, SATA|Pioneer DVD-Rewriter Drive Black x 2 |
Neoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2006, 16:31   #20
yahooadam
Ultra csavarkulcs
Banned

yahooadam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS
Although arguably Coax is better quality anyway, if u can afford decent coax cables...
not necessarily, Hi-Fi geeks have been arguing this case for a long time

some believe optical is better, some coax

In fact, if you think about it there is no electrical connection with optical, so you could avoid earth loops, and interference wont be transferred over the cable
yahooadam is offline   Reply With Quote