1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Sep 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Schweet, Xbox here I come!

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

That's going on the purchase list when I get a 360!

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I have to say, having watched Ryan play this in the office, it looks like SUCH a laugh. I only like Star Wars as much as your average joe, but I was mad for Lego when I was a kid, so the combination is pretty awesome. Even more so if you're a Star Wars nutter like Wil :)

5. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

That looks so awesome, I've been wanting to play Star Wars Lego ever since the first one came out, unfortunately I don't own any consoles atm. May have to buy one just for this tbh.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I love lego... I love computer games... i nothing starwars... 2 outa three aint bad!!

I'll be getting this and an xbox (and dead rising) for xmas. From me, to me! :D

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I am so buying this the day it comes out. My wife and I will enjoy many hours of Lego fun.

One thing I didn't see in the review was the ability to use characters from the first game. In an article I read a while back, the developers hinted at the ability to use elements that you have unlocked from the first game. Was this idea dropped from the game, or was it not reviewed?

-monkey

8. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Looks fantastic! The first was great, but as this is set in the original trilogy it'll mean even more to Star Wars fans...

EDIT: It's £14.99 on Play (delivered) for the PC version, such a good price that I've just pre-ordered it.

9. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Dude, it's available for PC too...

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I'm exactly the same!

The first Lego Star Wars game was released on the PC, as will this sequel, so no need for a console. :)

11. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

I didn't have a saved game from a previous version of the game to test this out on - however, with the way things are structured I would imagine it is the case that you can swap your old characters in.

12. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I liked the first one however for some reason that still perplexes me I got horribly horribly stuck when I tried to play the demo and gave up.. a little like the first one really. got to a certain point and it just bugged the hell out of me.
    But then I never was good at figuring out the puzzles in third person/platform games though I can do them mostly perfectly well in FPS :/

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Yes I know, but I prefer to play those types of games on consoles, plus it's far easier playing with the g/f or a friend on the couch than it is behind a PC.

14. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Bugged as in annoyed? Or bugged as in buggy - as I tried the LSW2 demo and at a certain point in the first area, the viewpoint switched to looking up from under the ground, which meant I couldn't continue the demo.

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I meant annoyed. Though thats one weird bug you got yourself there!

16. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Having played through the original with my little brother on his keyboard, two people on one keyboard is possible. Thanks to the fairly good keyboard layout, it can be done. Kinda.

Can you have two game pads rigged up so one pad controls each character? If so, I'm going to have to get one.

17. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

hehehe.. I work afternoons at Game, and we got it in today! And of course, I bought it. ;)
    Its pretty good, but it keeps crashing for me on the first level, but if it werent for that, it would be really, really good.

edit: Oh lookie.. my 666:th post :D

18. riggs

riggs ^_^

Looks pretty good - was probably gonna pick up the DS version...guess I'll have to get the PC version too!

Nice review :thumb:

19. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Been playing it for the last 30mins and have to say it's as fun and humourous as the first one.

20. neocyprinus

neocyprinus What's a Dremel?

Definitely going to be looking for this one in the shop. Perhaps there is even hope of getting it for FREE at our local grocery like the first episode. Now that's good customer relations for you.

Tags: Add Tags