bit-tech.net

Old 23rd Oct 2006, 18:32   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Inno3D GeForce 7950 GT

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...7950_gt/1.html

Old 23rd Oct 2006, 18:45   #2
Techno-Dann
Disgruntled kumquat

Techno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Random question: What were memory temps like? The 7950 GT cooler's I've seen include pads for the memory, I'd be worried about overheating with the Inno3D solution.
Techno-Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 18:47   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Artifacting is usually a problem when memory overheats - the card was perfectly fine to be honest. The DRAMs were warm to the touch at best (or worst) - many 7900 GT cards had the memory running without heatsinks in excess of 1500MHz, so I don't personally see it as much of a problem. Memory heatsinks will of course help you over time but this seemed to cope well through a stress test.
Old 24th Oct 2006, 00:57   #4
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Iss it just me, or does it appear that Inno3D (for some reason unbeknowenst to man), has drilled out two holes on the PCB just a little shy of the reference mounting holes, and done so on the cooler too?
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2006, 08:48   #5
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
No it's not just you, they probably just wanted the cooler to cover the entire core
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2006, 09:09   #6
LoveJoy
Modder

LoveJoy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmmm it's kind of wierd that few blocks get better results on Nvidia than Ati everytime. Wonder if its all about the HW that they use...
LoveJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2006, 14:11   #7
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJoy
Hmmm it's kind of wierd that few blocks get better results on Nvidia than Ati everytime. Wonder if its all about the HW that they use...
Not sure I follow???
Old 24th Oct 2006, 16:04   #8
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I'm lost too
Old 24th Oct 2006, 17:18   #9
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looks like a good card, but for £60 over the 1950Pro it doesn't seem worth it when the performance looks to be so close.

/me wishes the 1950 pro's would make an appearance
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2006, 18:08   #10
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
what about noise ? The zalman cooler must be nice.
Old 24th Oct 2006, 18:17   #11
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by page 1
As you would expect from Zalman, itís quiet and works incredibly well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by page 9
On top of that, it comes complete with a decent cooling solution that is almost silent.
Pretty good, as they say.