1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 chassis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Nov 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

man, its pretty f**kin' ugly compared to the origional design..

EDIT

uh, i could think of something, bit too green and leafy to be mints though :rolleyes:

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Exactly what i was thinking, the original was kinda sexy in an industrial sense.

And as for green and leafy, it would be good to keep it dry and no moisture ;)

4. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

if the motherboard was higher up. so you had more room on the floor of the case, for waterpumps, radiators and such. i think it could be a lot better. when you look ta the gap between the mobo and the psu. the space seams kind of wasted :sigh:

5. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Sinfully ugly IMHO. The original was far prettier - is there any practical (e.g. cooling) benefit to that hideous protrusion at the bottom of the fascia? Makes me think of a Neanderthal's jaw!

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

PCCaseGear just received stock of these today as well; might have to get one, eh? :p

Personally, I much prefer the new Aurora over the old mainly because of the new, slick design; the old was much more block-ish, etc...

7. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Eh, nice toilet. Is it long enough to hold a 8800GTX(comfortably)? That should be the standard for gaming cases now...

Last edited: 15 Nov 2006
  8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

blockish looked good IMHO, but still, for that money i'd stretch to stacker 830

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

If you'd read the article, you'd know the answer to your question... ;)

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

I agree, I love the Stacker 830 so much that I'm about to upgrade from the Silver to the Black version. :naughty:

11. ShaqArif

ShaqArif What's a Dremel?

My current case is the original GB Aurora, and I have to say, it's much nicer looking than this new one. CustomPC reviewed this case this month, and they weren't quite so impressed - citing the fact that with the harddrive bays being perpendicular to the case, the airflow isn't great, as the HDD bays block the flow from the front fan. I've not had a problem with my case, but then I don't overclock, and I run a fairly modest system.

12. tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior What's a Dremel?

ugh. looks like this thing fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. no thanks.

HOWEVER, i think the interior really shines. they really planned the layout well except the height of the motherboard positioning, as has been said. it would be a good candidate for a total (frontal) facelift/replacement.

good review Tim.

13. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

It's a brilliant interior design. A pity it's shackled to such a blocky front. Nice try, but I'd rather get the original Aurora, thanks.

14. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

question : on most water cooling, the reservoir goes on the outside, hence the holes, however, the barbs are usually at the top and bottom of said reservoir, not both at the bottom, so why is one hole not at the top of the case?

15. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

I would buy it or the original in a heartbeat.

16. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Just because I don't like the look of the case I still have to hand it to you for the thurough article (which I did read :worried: ).... I was just wandering if ye actually installed an 8800 and how graceful the process is/was.... I'll just use my imagination :wallbash:

indo-european flaun

17. customh

customh conflagration.

I love the space, but the looks aren't anything to jump up and down about. Mixed feelings, good in general i think though. great review as always!!

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

OH NO, a door, oo, i hate doors on my PC :D So annoying opening it all the time just to use the dam DVD drive :duh:

Sam

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i was watching this article in my uni in a study room were my friends hang out, one of them shouted "is that a coffee machine? that looks like a coffee machine!"

it is less beautiful than the original.... very.

20. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

I agree in that it doesn't look as good as the first model. I'm currently looking at a different Gigabyte case right now: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811233006

It's not quite as nice as the one reviewed here I think, but it looks good nonetheless. Has anyone heard anything or had any experience with it yet?

Tags: Add Tags