Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 24th Dec 2006, 00:31   #101
Snakez
Multimodder

Snakez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duste
Any more progress on the case?
The company where i work on the chromingjob is closed for christmas & newyear. So can't work on it till 2nd of januari
But i hope to have chromingjob finished around 15th of januari.
So for now gathering all supplies needed , and when i have the parts back home it will go fast. Have to make up for the lost time then
Hope to get my order from ACryan in soon , that way i can start doing some little things in advance .
Snakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2006, 00:35   #102
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ah, no worries! I'll be waiting; at least I'll be uncapped by then.
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2007, 08:39   #103
Snakez
Multimodder

Finnaly got the package i was waiting for.
Not all is there yet what ACryan is sending me, but is a start.
And now i can continue

Thnx for sponsoring me ACryan

The chromingjob should be done in a week orso.
Then finally i can start working more on this project
Old 9th Jan 2007, 08:53   #104
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thats a hell of alot of free stuff :P Im intrigued as I am doing a stacker build (non modded i hasten to add) soon

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2007, 18:18   #105
Snakez
Multimodder

Did do a few small things today.
First attach the coolers to the rad.

Put the power on.

Then lets work on Corsair's Dominator coolingunit.
Made a blue uvplexi cover for it.

Let's see the effect when we put some uvlight on it

Thats it for today , more to come tommorow.

Last edited by Snakez; 2nd Feb 2007 at 23:13.
Old 9th Jan 2007, 21:26   #106
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
All the parts are looking really good and I think the case will blow our minds when it's chromed.

A request for when the case parts arrive from the chrome factory, could you put up a tad bigger pictures, say 640x480 or even 800x600 for us to see that chrome better

Also, you're used to using leds in your mods, how do you wire them, one at a time or say 3 in series with smaller resistor? I guess 4 would be also possible with 0 or 1 ohm resistor, but it would be a bit dimmer though. If you could answer that, since I'm looking into using leds for my Orange Monster, now I still need a place to order them from (could you include that for me also), thanks in advance.

Then a quick tip, I saw that you de-riveted the case with your dremel, don't actually know how that works, but I've used a normal cordless drill with say 6-10mm drillbit (depending on the size of the rivet) with success. Just saying, give it a try, you might be surprised

Keep up the fantastic work.

Janne

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2007, 21:48   #107
Snakez
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened
All the parts are looking really good and I think the case will blow our minds when it's chromed.

A request for when the case parts arrive from the chrome factory, could you put up a tad bigger pictures, say 640x480 or even 800x600 for us to see that chrome better

Also, you're used to using leds in your mods, how do you wire them, one at a time or say 3 in series with smaller resistor? I guess 4 would be also possible with 0 or 1 ohm resistor, but it would be a bit dimmer though. If you could answer that, since I'm looking into using leds for my Orange Monster, now I still need a place to order them from (could you include that for me also), thanks in advance.

Then a quick tip, I saw that you de-riveted the case with your dremel, don't actually know how that works, but I've used a normal cordless drill with say 6-10mm drillbit (depending on the size of the rivet) with success. Just saying, give it a try, you might be surprised

Keep up the fantastic work.

Janne
Thnx for the compliments I will put some bigger pics for you. Tomorrow i pick up the chrome parts :P The leds all get their own wire and own resistor ,think thats the best. I always order them at www.ledsee.com . It's a Belgian guy living in China. The price is very good there.
And i will sureley try with a cordless drill nexttime , it's a f**ked up job to get them all out with a , thnx for the tip.
Old 9th Jan 2007, 23:16   #108
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks a lot for the info.

So if I'm not wrong, these are the right kind "10x 5mm UV 200mcd, Low nm"? And is that price right, 10 pcs for about 1,5, cause if it is, that's damn cheap

Also, for wiring the leds one by one, is there a reason for that (easier to replace maybe?) cause at least I'd think that putting them in series would cut down the wire clutter a lot. I might be wrong here, since I haven't worked with leds that much.

Janne

Japhoto blog - Google+
Old 10th Jan 2007, 00:52   #109
flatsix02
What's a Dremel?

flatsix02 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is going to turn out awesome, can't wait to see it finished!

I havnt worked with LED's, but i want to. Say you wire each one individually, what do you wire them to? Is there some sort of on/off switch that they all go into?
flatsix02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 03:24   #110
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
For a normal 3-3.2mm (or so) rivet that most cases use, it's easiest to use a 4mm drillbit to get the head off, then you can just grab pliers and pull the other end out. If you're having trouble pulling the other end out, just drill the other side a bit more, because there could be a flare there.

I was taking about my case for my mod yesterday, so it's all quite fresh in my mind. :P
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 05:48   #111
thingamajig
Minimodder

thingamajig has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Also, for wiring the leds one by one, is there a reason for that (easier to replace maybe?) cause at least I'd think that putting them in series would cut down the wire clutter a lot. I might be wrong here, since I haven't worked with leds that much.
Janne
Here is a couple of good links to an LED calculator. It will draw up a wiring schematic and tell you what size of resistor is needed.

Individual
Series/Parallel
thingamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 08:18   #112
marauder16
Multimodder

marauder16 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duste
For a normal 3-3.2mm (or so) rivet that most cases use, it's easiest to use a 4mm drillbit to get the head off, then you can just grab pliers and pull the other end out. If you're having trouble pulling the other end out, just drill the other side a bit more, because there could be a flare there.

I was taking about my case for my mod yesterday, so it's all quite fresh in my mind. :P
I also just drilled through the rivet, it's very fast, and you don't have to pull anything, it just pops out

great work Snakez, it must be nice to be sponsored by ACRyan
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:04   #113
Snakez
Multimodder

Just picked up the chrome parts

Here is a little preview , more pics will follow later.

I love it

Last edited by Snakez; 2nd Feb 2007 at 23:13.
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:12   #114
elliod
Multimodder

elliod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
we love it , lol it really looks amazing .
keep up the good work.
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:27   #115
overdosedelusion
I mostly come at night, mostly..

overdosedelusion has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sexy as!!!!!, im really pikcing up vibes of blue plexi accents around the drive bays

Musical Fidelity V-Dac | Graham Slee Solo 2009 Headphone Amp | AKG K701/Audio Technica ATH-W1000 |
overdosedelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:59   #116
Snakez
Multimodder

And some more pics.

And start rebuilding & modding the case

Last edited by Snakez; 2nd Feb 2007 at 23:14.
Old 10th Jan 2007, 10:15   #117
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
wow, that chrome is beautiful....

you're gonna have to spend along time polishing it up though to get rid of all the finger prints....
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 10:20   #118
Snakez
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz_91
wow, that chrome is beautiful....

you're gonna have to spend along time polishing it up though to get rid of all the finger prints....
Nope , the prints come of very easy , much better then when you have them on polished allu.
Old 10th Jan 2007, 10:21   #119
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ohh... nice...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2007, 12:01   #120
Darkened
Hypermodder

Looks great, but even though fingerprints come off easily, it's still going to be a b***h to keep clean

Anyways, I think this is going to be one of the cases you can call BLING!

Janne

Japhoto blog - Google+

View Mode