bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Nov 2006, 21:00   #1
Franklin
Supermodder

Franklin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project: Evolutionary

Hi guys. Some of you will remember me of the casemod AlumaxX.

I won the Dutch casemod championship with it. Today I will start with something new, not a casemod but a custom build case. Some people told me they thought it was easier to mod an existing case then to build one yourself. I think it is easier to build it yourself and to prove it I will start building one

I found some sponsors for this project, so that's why I can already start a new project.

Bill Donnelly from Sapphire gave me a very nice white motherboard

Thanks Bill

Alex Chen from A.C. Ryan send me a huge box with casemod materials

Thanks Alex Chen from A.C. Ryan

Powersupply was a price at the Dutch casemod championship

Also think about using a PSone screen. It is not an original thing to do but it still is something that looks very cool. The screen itself is nothing special anymore, but the way I want to use it will be

I will use alumium profiles (25mm x 25mm.) to build a skeleton for the case.

and these profiles will be attached to each other with this sort of things ( don't know what the english name is )

The aluminium skeleton/ frame will look something like this

The aluminium has arrived today, so that's why I start this worklog today. I ordered the aluminium one month ago, so I had more then enough time to work the plans out. Started thinking and sketching three months ago.

My trip to Australia last summer gave me some inspiration. In Sydney I saw the Oprah House and I think everyone knows what it looks like. This is what the outtakes on top of the case will look like.

It's a sideview and a topview. What is my goal for this mod?
First of all I want to spend much time on all the details. I'm going to watercool the videocard(s) and the CPU. The radiator will be mounted inside the case, but the airflow will be seperated from the airflow within the case. The motherboard and videocard will be in a seperated compartment from the powersupply and the harddisks. The cooling will be very important in this mod, more important than silence. I think I will not use the small bore stuff from Aquacomputer this time. Everything will be controlled with an Aquacomputer Aquaero

The colors I will use are black ( lots of it) white, grey and a touch of orange.

Last edited by Franklin; 16th Dec 2008 at 22:40.
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 21:14   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The general shape looks like one of those weights we used to use for deadlifting

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 21:16   #3
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Looking forward! I guess many of us would be pleased to get that pile of material
Old 29th Nov 2006, 21:17   #4
arkadur
Multimodder

arkadur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
look great and promessing (like AlumaxX)
waiting for updates
(i feel that this project going to surprise too even more)
arkadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 23:12   #5
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Great, I've been wondering when you're going to be back with another one

That about sums it all up

Janne

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 00:25   #6
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow not bad, Im hoping to get some sponsors a lot of the reason why I joined this forum as I notice a lot of companies look at this forum more often then others ^^

Well cant wait to see how this goes.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 03:53   #7
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have also been waiting for your next one Franklin, I simply can't wait for some modding to be seen.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 04:53   #8
elbarto241
Multimodder

elbarto241 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
im s000ooo curious bout wat u gonna wit tat psOne screen =D
elbarto241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 09:10   #9
forester joe
shhh. can you hear your PC?

forester joe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess we are in for a treat.
looking forward
forester joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 12:54   #10
Trash_Master
Fire in the hole!!

Trash_Master has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this will be one badas* tower when we look at your prev case GOGO we want to se some progress
Trash_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 13:09   #11
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
he's at it again...woohooo
Old 30th Nov 2006, 13:31   #12
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving that motherboard! :P Can't wait to see what you do with the other components.
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 15:25   #13
JAxen
Multimodder

JAxen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
jokkos said it
The first think i tought about when I started reading the first post was that celebrity guy from
the Simpson's that is always on tv and starting with the frase; "Hi, I'm Troy McLure(?)"
I hope that that wasnt mentioned to be becus if it was then I'll probably me very embarresed right now
JAxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2006, 22:53   #14
Franklin
Supermodder

Started with the frame tonight. First I had to saw the aluminium profiles to the needed sizes. Just like in the previous mod I will use a lot of handtools.

The first step is to saw the profiles for the horizontal layers of the frame and connect the pieces with these parts. These things can be pushed into the aluminium profiles. Very easy and it looks clean, no parts or screws sticking out.

At the bottom of the photograph from the frame you can see four sketches, these are the horizontal layers I will need. The first three layers are ready now and can be seen in the picture above. Tomorrow I will finish the fourth layer and after that I'll have to cut the profiles that will connect these four pieces, so that it will look like this

Last edited by Franklin; 26th Dec 2007 at 17:30.
Old 1st Dec 2006, 22:58   #15
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome!! Good to see this starting up. Knowing you I am sure you will make those plastic thingys not look so tacky...
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2006, 23:47   #16
vitriol_drinker
What's a Dremel?

vitriol_drinker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Subscribed.
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 02:33   #17
zhangmaster12
Hypermodder

zhangmaster12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice, will follow
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 02:37   #18
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I loved AlumaxX, good luck making it all work out, I'm subscribing!

Maybe watching you build yours will give me ideas on how to build by own case

Also, does anyone else think that's a sexy mobo?
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 03:04   #19
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, I wish I had friends like that at AC Ryan!

I'm eager to see more!
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 16:30   #20
Franklin
Supermodder

Almost finished the frame. This is what it looks like right now.

As I got further with the frame I noticed that I was short of one piece, I had ordered 12 of these pieces

but there only 11 of them in the box So I will have to contact the webshop for that. Don't know how long it will take for that thing to arrive here. I also will have to cut one more aluminium profile. So I only will need these things to finish the frame.

Last edited by Franklin; 26th Dec 2007 at 17:31.

View Mode