Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
VIA announces Pico-ITX

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/01...nces_pico_itx/

Old 26th Jan 2007, 19:35   #2
Cabe
Hypermodder

Cabe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would have liked to see at least the drive connectors (im assuming its sata I havnt seen a full spec sheet yet but the VX700 cirtainly supports it) possibly on the underside?

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:04   #3
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow thats small.
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:08   #4
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
isnt the line of many pins on one side an IDE port?
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:12   #5
WILD9
Been here aaaaages

WILD9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't see any memory chips/expansion slots?
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:22   #6
derbaum
Multimodder

derbaum has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
probably on the downside .
crafty & electronics stuff - english content too!
derbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:27   #7
rowin4kicks
a man walked into a bar ...

rowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for president
i cant belive the size of this! there is definatly a modding oppertunity here (and how the hell does that thing run vista!?!?!)
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:32   #8
Echo
Supermodder

Echo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How many could you fit in a standard casE? It's incredible! but agreed with rowin4kicks, how on earth does such a small chip run vista?
++ Intel E6400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | ASUS P5N-E SLi | 2xMSI 7800GT | G-skill Ultra DDR2 PC6400 (2x1Gig) | Seasonic S12-600w | Samsung Spinpoint P120s 200Gb | 2 X 22" Samsung SyncMaster 225bw ++
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:41   #9
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
How many could you fit in a standard casE? It's incredible! but agreed with rowin4kicks, how on earth does such a small chip run vista?
Quote from MS site:

Quote:
A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
* A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
* 512 MB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
Just the Memory is the Bottleneck.
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:50   #10
LVMike
Supermodder

LVMike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i will buy own for a little music/ip radio box build i have planned. Only now, i will add video too!
LVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 21:21   #11
rpsgc
Multimodder

rpsgc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD9
I don't see any memory chips/expansion slots?
Where are the memory slots?
rpsgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 21:25   #12
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As others have said, likely the underside. Knowing VIA, you'll have a SODIMM and Mini--PCI down there.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 21:37   #13
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I could use this for a car mp3 player I want to build!
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:06   #14
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
I could use this for a car mp3 player I want to build!
I had the same thought. You could fit that one in case the size of a radio.
Can anyone say DIN slot PC!!!
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:22   #15
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Now that is sexy.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:31   #16
David_Fitzy
Multimodder

David_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why not fit one with a LCD screen in your rigs 5" bays

What ethernet does it support? 1Gb? If it does follow my idea above with an internally fitted network storage box hooked up to the main rig and the pico itx

Home made vista-esque sideshow but better!

Athlon XP2400+ | Generic FX5200 | SOYO Platinum Dragon Ultra | 1GB Crucial Ram | Maxtor PATA 7200 HDDs: 2x40Gb (RAID0), 2x200Gb(RAID0) | Jeantech Phong case | Black DVD-everything | Black Skythe Kama-meter | dreaded blue LED fans (didn't read the description properly)

At least it's all one colour scheme now

Last edited by David_Fitzy; 26th Jan 2007 at 22:51.
David_Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:32   #17
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
How many could you fit in a standard casE?...
Mod a bunch into the rear expansion slot plates and put one in each unused expansion slot - or maybe gut a few old CD-ROMs and put complete systems (including laptop or flash drives) in each 5 1/4" bay

Or better yet, skip the case and just mount the whole thing on the back of an LCD or LCD stand.
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:39   #18
sam.g.taylor
Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

sam.g.taylor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds cool. Very cool.
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:59   #19
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulatin
As others have said, likely the underside. Knowing VIA, you'll have a SODIMM and Mini--PCI down there.

You can see on the larger pictures:

<a href="http://www.linuxdevices.com/files/misc/via_epiapx_1.jpg">larger pic</a>

there is something on the underside of the board.

might have to look at running one of these of a CF to IDE adapter if possible for a very small solid state video player.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2007, 23:23   #20
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
OMG OMG OMG WERE IS MY TAPE?????

holly crab!!!! i WANT one!!!!!! i love big computers but this thing rocks the house!!!!!