WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gears of War on its way to PC, carnage ensues

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/02...arnage_ensues/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 12:15   #2
Skill3d
Multimodder

Skill3d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oeeeh so I won't have to buy a xbox360 after all....
Skill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 12:36   #3
r4tch3t
hmmmm....

r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I have heard good things about this, so I may end up playing it. But I wont touch a FPS on a console, plus I don't have or want a 360.

Note:Anybody else thing that Epic
think?
Old 15th Feb 2007, 12:37   #4
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry, but Halo came out late for the Halo fix (and i never played Multiplayer because it was poor and I played UT at the time).

Halo2 on PC is going to completely miss the Halo2 bug aswell.

GoW will do the same and I'll be on UT3 by then.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 13:05   #5
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Like Doug says.

Halo came out on Pc far too late and looked rubbish and dated. There was much better games on PC then. Halo 2 on PC??? Halo 3 is out soon. Again to late.

People will be playing Crisis and other cool games when Gears comes out on Pc and will then look very dated.
Old 15th Feb 2007, 13:22   #6
MiT
Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

MiT has yet to learn the way of the DremelMiT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess, Epic have to think were the market lies, and in this case, its with the 360 console and then the PC comes second. So they will be devoting there time to the 360 games. I would have a bug less 360 game, and wait for a few months then a buggy game. I dont play much games on the PC, neither do a lot of people i know, must of them use consoles. So i kind of understand what they mean. (Unless i have loss the point.)
i5 750 // 4GB DDR3 666MHz (7-7-7-19) // Gigabyte P55M-UD4 // Titan Fenrir // Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon HD 5850 // 1.7 TB HDD // Corsair HX 520 // Fractal R2 // Mionix Naos 5000 // Logitech G110 // Razer Goliathus // Logitech 5.1 surround // Turtle Beech X41 // Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD // Win7 Home 64bit
MiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 14:15   #7
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think that GOW is on par with Crisis (or visa versa). They both look fantastic. But i hate "gamepads" unless it is played with MAME. FPS needs a mouse and keyboard. There is no way a FPS can be played good with a gamepad. I tried and it wend out out of the window( almost through) of the irritation and frustration.

They just see the drop in x3 GOW sales. And i think if they want to make more money out of GOW, they better release it soon on the PC. They can at least sell a mil. copies more on the PC.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 16:35   #8
aggies11
Multimodder

aggies11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If Epic were smart, they'd release Gears sooner rather than later, while it's still "Relevant". After the PC gets crysis and all it's other eye candy, Gears won't be quite as attractive.

That being said, they definitely won't release GoW until UT3 has reached it's peak. As they are both pretty shooters, Epic probably wouldn't want to compete with itself.

Microsoft, with it's whole Games for Windows Initiative, really should be pushing this as hard as they can. But as much talk as they do, I think we all know that Games for Windows is the little brother to Xbox360 who gets the majority of the attention.

But I think we can all agree that this is no surprise. The day of the exclusive has really passed. Next gen games costs buckets of money, and it's just financially unwise to try and make that back on only one plattform. A game like Gears actually still probably can, but if it sells 3+ million on 360, how much more would it sell on PC. And who would want to turn down that easy money?

Aggies

Aggies
aggies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 17:59   #9
randosome
Banned

randosome has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i would have though Epic wanna release gears of war soon (IE like now) so that people are bored of it, then they release UT3 otherwise they will have to wait quite a while after UT3 to be able to release GoW (any by then GoW will probably have expired)
randosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2007, 18:18   #10
Bladestorm
Hypermodder

Bladestorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Must be going on a year now since gears was "accidentally" added into a microsoft games for windows image and then hurriedly removed along with adamant denials that it would ever come out for PC ?
Old 15th Feb 2007, 19:16   #11
Kurayamino
As long as the Raven flies

Kurayamino has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Having played the 360 version and completed it, yes its stunning to look at and plays ok but UT F.T.W!!!
Old 15th Feb 2007, 19:46   #12
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it's probably better on a 360 anyway, I don't think the controls will translate too well over to a PC if the gameplay is unaltered.

Halo PC wasn't all that great either, it's a console shooter, designed for consoles, when on a PC, it just lacks something and is absolute crap in comparison to other PC shooters.

In a similar way, PC shooters don't port well onto consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2007, 09:30   #13
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think if they did release a PC version then they should crank up the difficulty. Insane was not insane for me, and I do find these games a little harder with a joy pad than with a mouse.

If it came on pc then insane will be too easy when you have a mouse and keyboard in your hands. Difficulty needs to be cranked up so you dont finish it in only a few hours on PC
Old 16th Feb 2007, 10:47   #14
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Carnage in shoes?

While it looks awespunk atm on xbox360, it'll look aged by the time PC hardware chews through it, going by it's estimated release date (i.e. next year sometime).
Old 17th Feb 2007, 04:43   #15
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
I played the multiplayer for the first time last night, it was a blast.

For all you guy's who have played it, here's a cool thing that happened.

It was me, and three freinds, we've never played it, versus a team of experienced players.

We picked up the game pretty quick, and figured out downs. It was the level with the train.

We figured out a great strat on the COG. As they came up from the bottom, we dropped them all with shotguns, then rushed, and kicked they're heads in, all at the same time!

It was truely an epic moment.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2007, 08:01   #16
Hiren
mind control

Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.
Any news on whether online co-op will remain in the PC version?