bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 18th Mar 2007, 22:11   #1
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Pfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run Crysis
Project: WorldMap

This is my first Case Mod.

Last edited by Pfaffen; 13th Apr 2007 at 00:48. Reason: Change Picture
Pfaffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2007, 22:14   #2
ElThomsono
Mod Master

ElThomsono has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Welcome to bit-tech; in order to get your picture to display properly, you'll have to host it somewhere like imageshack and then paste the code they give you into your post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 22:21   #3
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Pfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run Crysis
Thanks

Thanks... Also first time posting the results.
Old 18th Mar 2007, 23:21   #4
Mr-IK
Supermodder

Mr-IK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks pretty nice

Would fit perfectly into one of those old english looking offices
Mr-IK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2007, 23:30   #5
ElThomsono
Mod Master

ElThomsono has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, that's pretty cool

Great design too
Old 19th Mar 2007, 00:27   #6
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Close up

Here is a close up of the front of the case. The DVD tray is concealed behind the map. The button for the DVD is walnut (I left it unfinished) The frame for the case is mahogany and the map is glued to .25" plexiglass.

The brass screws (3 per HD) hold the two 250GB SATA drives. I re-enforced the plexi with a smaller plate of plexi. So now the two droves "float" in the case. Actually, they are only affixed on one side.

Here is the case before I glued the map to the plexi.

Old 19th Mar 2007, 01:35   #7
OremLK
What's a Dremel?

OremLK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's really cool. I like the wooden frame. Did you put it together yourself?
OremLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2007, 01:42   #8
greensabbath
Got Wood?

greensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgreensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Your design looks strangely familiar . Good job though.
greensabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2007, 13:10   #9
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Strangely familiar

greensabbath,

Your case was my inspiration. I was very impressed with yours and like alot of the features yours offered.
Old 20th Mar 2007, 00:11   #10
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Yes, I started about 6 weeks ago.
Old 31st Mar 2007, 00:07   #11
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Another shot

Old 31st Mar 2007, 13:33   #12
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Original pieces

Here are the original pieces.

And some more closeups...
Old 31st Mar 2007, 14:31   #13
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That looks nice indeed.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2007, 22:24   #14
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensabbath
Your design looks strangely familiar . Good job though.
I was going to say the same. Nice work though
Old 7th Apr 2007, 11:21   #15
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sadly you didnt post it as a log.. i'd hand out a few stars.
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2007, 12:41   #16
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Not posting to the work log

I had originally intented on posting this on the work log, but after I read the rules, I figured it would be better served in the finished work sections.

Also, I'm looking for a place to host all the pictures. I have almost 200 picts of the projects. From the very first to the last.

Anyone know where to host that many pictures. I used image shack at first but seem to be limited on the number of pics there.
Old 7th Apr 2007, 12:55   #17
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Close-ups

Here are some closeups.

This is the DVD Drive and the eject button.

This is the front 120mm cooling fan vent.

This is the back with the two 80mm fans.

The case has (1) 120mm fan in the front, (2) 80mm fans in the back, (1) 120mm fan in the PSU that vents to the bottom and the CPU fan. Keeps everying nice and cool. Then again the AMD 64X2 4600+ doesn't run that hot to begin with, but the two SATA drives are kept comfortable.

Last edited by Pfaffen; 7th Apr 2007 at 13:06.
Old 13th Apr 2007, 00:47   #18
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Moved pictures to photobucket.

Last edited by Pfaffen; 13th Apr 2007 at 00:55.
Old 10th Jun 2007, 21:36   #19
Pfaffen
Supermodder

90 days, and still running.

On to my next project: Case Mod Fibonacci
Old 17th Jun 2007, 15:16   #20
wbdog206
Supermodder

wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.wbdog206 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
wow that is cool,the map idea is great.

View Mode