1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Forgot to pre-order your PS3? You still can!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mcshaggy

mcshaggy What's a Dremel?

do any of you brits actually want one? :p i can hardly count the unsold consoles on 2 hands available here anymore, and this is a tech university!

you can hardly compare the ps3's demand to that of the wii, people actually want wiis :)

3. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Not wanting to sound negative, but not selling 300,000 units of the PS3 in a territory that is usually strong for Sony isn't that encouraging.

Now if it was £299...

4. BlueDemon

BlueDemon What's a Dremel?

UK:Resistance has a slightly different take on the widespread PS3 availability...

5. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Lol, I love the "Or go to Sainsburys, buy some bread and some bacon and save yourself about 422 quid" comment.

Certainly a very different take.

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

When i went into the last Game store, i went in about 11am. at that time they just received some Wii's, the girl at the counter showed them to me(i bought a 360 anyways). There were 5 boxes with 3 Wii's per box. not many really and within a space of 10mins about 2 were left.

not only were the consoles shifting but the wiimotes and chuka's. People were easily playing £250minimum per console bundle. I think mostly every person i have spoken too only one wants a PS3 but thats after he splits the cost with a mate.

7. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

got mine on order and cant wait :)
    blu-ray movies on me plasma will be ace.

8. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

I don't think you need to pre-order PS£ I get a distinct impression there will be plenty available on shelf on release day

P.S. Yes I did deliberately hold down shift while typing the whole of 'ps3'

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I got my TV coming soon so I have to start saving pfor a PS3. Wasnt going to get the PS3 before my TV as I hate playing my 360 on standard def as its too blurry and does my eyes in. I have to use my 19" CRT in the beroom for a hi def picture but miss the comfort of my sofa. All to change when the TV gets here :) Then PS3 here I come. :)

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It seems that although the PS3 has reportedly got "the most pre-orderes yet" on web sites like play, a lot of high street shops only have a handful of pre-orders. I think this may be just some crap made up by sony's PR guys to try and get people to ignore sites like the one BlueDemon linked.

I would've though they'd have a lot of stock anyway seeing as they've had months of time to get the PS3 into full scale production.

We should be getting even MORE than 300k units with the wait time we've had, even if this fact is true, I'm pretty sure more than 300,000 pre-orders were placed for the Wii.

11. jase4772

jase4772 What's a Dremel?

Everyone keeps saying on their websites "Pre-order to avoid the rush" but Tuesday night Play.com has their bundle listed as In stock and ready for shipping.

I'm happy to wait for Game or another high street retailer to have one available which I doubt will be hard. Had this been released b4 xmas then the demand would have been higher but little johnny isn't going to have £425+ spent on him for easter is he?

12. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Hmm, anyone thinking maybe they have so many available for eu because they can't sell em in the us. Haha. That's right, you guys get the leftovers.

Perhaps you can learn from those who have already purchased the plastic shiny bricks over here and not buy the POS, I mean PS3.

13. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Uhm, PAL unit, not a w@nk yank unit. Different, hence not leftovers...

Yep we will. We are getting them just about the time the firmware, the net service and some decent games are on the horizon. Ta! :thumb:

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Yanks and jap were the test dummies to get all the cinks out so we get a well tested version.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

There hasn't been many widespread issues for the PS3. For a new console it's actually very well built, and thouroughly tested. That isn't to say, no console hardware goes without an issue here and there. Mine overheated the other day (I was getting the 3 beeps) and wouldn't turn on. I moved it from it's location, gave about half a day to cooldown, and it was back to working normal again. I can't say that for my 360, which gave me a red halo not even a week after purchase; 5 months after it had been launched.

16. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Apart from the fact that EU consoles don't have the Emotion Engine CPU anymore, so US/JAP consoles released on launch are in fact better than what EU will get.

17. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Given there are no worthwhile games for the PS3 why not save yourself £325 and buy a PS2 from Amazon for £99?

At the games console exhibition at the British Science museum they were exhibiting a Wii and a PS3. Interestingly the people playing the PS3 seemed rather bored whereas the people playing the Wii were having a whale of a time :D For the record the exhibition rocked, Sinclairs, Commodores, Famicoms, NeoGeos, 486s, NESs, SNESs, MegaDrives, Jaguars, Dreamcasts, Playstations, XBoxs, etc... were all there!

18. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Depends on your definition of better. I play virtually *no* PS2 games now (apart from SF series, Marvel, etc [capcom]) so, the potential lack of compatibility to me is negligible. And even so, the confirmed list on the official site is 1700+ i think? And I think that included any of the games i wanted to play (MGS, SF2, etc) so.. :clap:

Maybe they were -- I won't be. Besides, I don't care much for the Wii. Sure it's quite novel, but it isn't "next gen" for my liking. The games that I have played were fun, for certain, but system sellers? No. They were "party games" or "neat-for-the-first-time" but I wouldnt keep playing them. Mario galaxy *might* be when it hits. No games on it that have me wow'd, unlike the 360/PS3. So, apples and oranges, mate. I'm looking forward to the PS3.

As for the pricing.. well, that's a whole different issue. Rip-off Britain, etc... :wallbash:

19. kempez

kempez modding again!

That's exactly my hangup. I do kinda want one but it's just out of my budget. That and the fact imma have to get a TV with HDCP and HDMI too

20. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

POS3s are very much available here. I've seen boxes at almost any/every retailer while I still haven't seen a Wii.

Sure, the initial launch saw overnight lines and all that jazz, but then again ebay saw most of those preordered boxes.

If it's not too late to preorder and you planned on getting a PS3 anyways, then this is good news for you. While I don't think I'll ever get a PS3, if you've got the cash for it, then go for it. If the price was a lot lower, then people would be a lot less critical over it.

Tags: Add Tags