bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:14   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Black Xbox 360 with HDMI arriving late April?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/03...ng_late_april/

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:21   #2
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
meh....im happy with my standard premium system thank you.

Also im gonna add my external caddy as extra HDD space when i need it. So maybe with a little help of Black vynal dye ill have a black xbox too!

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:25   #3
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Yea, I don't know why people just don't DIY if they want a black one. It's not like they've changed it and made it shiney.

Anyone else thing April is strangely soon and kind of out of season?
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:30   #4
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bit of a strange date but I suspect it's as a response to the shiny black thing out Friday.

I am also pretty happy with my white 360.

The 120gb HDD is only useful if MS implement decent IPTV soon and personally I dont have a monitor with HDMI so it's not needed right now
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:43   #5
Lazlow
I have a dremel.

Lazlow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Microsoft are apparently claiming the HD-DVD format isn't yet proven enough to warrant offering an integrated solution.
This could either be a very clever move or stupid. Having integrated HD-DVD would push the standard as the PS3 is hoping to do for Blu-Ray.

Either way, I'll be purchasing a 360 sometime soon, either in black or white. A friend's told me that it's very easy to fill up the standard 20GB.
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:49   #6
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempez
The 120gb HDD is only useful if MS implement decent IPTV soon and personally I dont have a monitor with HDMI so it's not needed right now
I dont see the use of HDMI, sure its for the new fangled DVD formats but with either the Component or even the HD VGA cable im sure the picture quality would be just as good.

I have a VGA cable for my monitor so when i finally get a HDTV it will be plugged in this manner. Same goes for the 120Gig HDD, i'd rather just plug in a external caddy.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 14:57   #7
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bindi: Engadget got confirmation from "trusted sources"

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/x...d-120gb-drive/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGADGET
* The Elite will be limited quantities only; that may be as much or as little as a couple hundred thousand.
* The case, controller, and Live headset will all be black. It will have all new packaging.
* Elite will cost $479, and will be a 3rd SKU; it will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.
* Eventually Elite hardware (in white plastics) will take the role of the Xbox Premium. That is to say, after the Elite is launched and sold out, future Xbox Premiums will have 120GB / HDMI.
* We do not yet know exactly when 120GB / HDMI will become the standard for Premium, but it is loosely estimated to be late summer or fall.
* Elite models run cooler than normal 360s, but they are not yet confirmed to have 65nm chips.
* Prices may remain the same with the 120GB / HDMI hardware upgrade in the Premium Xbox, but we may still see a price cut on the line when 65nm chips start shipping.
* The HD DVD drive will not be internal or bundled -- Microsoft never did or nor does not currently have plans to put an HD DVD drive in the 360.
* There are no current plans to integrate WiFi into the Elite or future Premiums (although that can always change).
[

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:23   #8
UnkleRosco
Multimodder

UnkleRosco has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll believe it when i see it.. and when i do i'll prob buy one.. I just hope to god its quiter.. This "Elite" 360 has been floating around the web for ages..... Fri would be a good day for Microsoft to confirm it...
UnkleRosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:39   #9
Swafeman
I *am* a Dremel

Swafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good and bad,

Good, it makes it look better than the PS3

Bad, its only 20$ less and doesn't have BR, wont this put people off? Unless they plan to release a 20GB version of the premium too at a much reduced price, say the price of the current core, with the 120GB at the current premiums price

There just increasing the cost and not hittin the PS3 where it hurts, price, people dont want to pay loads for a console, so making a lower price would be a killer blow (And they can because the 360 is now making a profit on each unit sold!)
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:48   #10
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by atanum141
I dont see the use of HDMI, sure its for the new fangled DVD formats but with either the Component or even the HD VGA cable im sure the picture quality would be just as good.
Ye that's my point. I don't need it right now and even HD-DVD plays through VGA so no problem there. However Blu-Ray is a nice format and is much more supported by Studio's than HD-DVD at the moment so I may need a TV with HDCP and HDMI if I want some nice BR playback. Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atanum141
I have a VGA cable for my monitor so when i finally get a HDTV it will be plugged in this manner. Same goes for the 120Gig HDD, i'd rather just plug in a external caddy.
Hell if a 120gb one was shipped with mine I wouldn't complain, but unless I am gonna start needing it then 20gb does me fine
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:48   #11
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
If only they had released this version at launch.

I really, really, really, really, really want this new SKU (really). Mainly for the fact that it has HDMI and I'll be upgrading my SDTV to a nice 42" 1080p HDTV before the end of the summer. Also, I refuse to paint my current 360 since it has a lifetime warrenty on it (Yay! for owning a 2005 console) and really don't want to void that. I smoke in my house so I've noticed discolouration on my 360 already. Not to mention the fact that I've bitched about having a white controller ever since I bought it (hence why I did the camo paint job on one of my controllers).

An HD-DVD pack-in would have been a better idea though. Even if not included in the system itself but as a matching external unit would help HD-DVD gain back some ground that it's lost this year.
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:55   #12
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you're in the US Walmart having been selling the HDDVD players for $130

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 16:04   #13
gimpchimp
Minimodder

gimpchimp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dangit, over in Britain, they are 134.99. to $ conversion rate at the moment is 1.9 or so. Brits get screwed again.
gimpchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 16:09   #14
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
Bindi: Engadget got confirmation from "trusted sources"

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/x...d-120gb-drive/

[

Nice job dougydooberry, updated the article

Bloodcar: Launch was 18 months ago, that's like asking for an 8800GTX when they released 7800s.
Old 21st Mar 2007, 16:46   #15
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
The HD DVD Drive is only 129.99 on play.com

Despite that i actually like the look of the console being black all over, i actually tend to look at my TV more than the console, so the colour wont bother me to much, and if i want to see a black console (because you only see the front), buy this http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/GE...0/Product.html

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 16:57   #16
Snaek
Multimodder

Snaek has yet to learn the way of the DremelSnaek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here's what they should do:
Xbox 360 "Elite" bundled with HD-DVD $479
XBox 360 Premium w/HDMI & 120GB HDD $400
XBox 360 Core w/HDMI & 20GB HDD $300

(Or maybe even drop the prices)
Snaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 17:17   #17
UnkleRosco
Multimodder

UnkleRosco has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If u have a 20gb Drive how to u move ur stuff onto the 120gb one???
UnkleRosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 21:47   #18
Robotrix
Minimodder

Robotrix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempez
Bit of a strange date but I suspect it's as a response to the shiny black thing out Friday.

I am also pretty happy with my white 360.

I don't know why people keep saying that... you don't need a bigger hard drive for IPTV; 20Gb is fine. With IPTV you don't download your TV programmes and then watch it, because it's all streamed . So you hardly need the hard disk space apart from for the software required by Microsoft TV and the odd movie that you might like to download every now and then.

Last edited by Robotrix; 21st Mar 2007 at 22:03.
Robotrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2007, 21:51   #19
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Bloodcar: Launch was 18 months ago, that's like asking for an 8800GTX when they released 7800s.
Not really though. This are very minor upgrades that were possible when the console launched. If I can manage to unload my current 360 for a decent amount, I might just pick one of these bad boys up.
Old 21st Mar 2007, 23:59   #20
r4tch3t
hmmmm....

r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
language boy, language.
HDMI is good because we as tech enthusiasts know that you don' need a TV to use HDMI, just get a 24", 27" or 30" LCD and one of these:

Still, the only console games I want are on the PS3, and IMHO the XBox looks crap compared to the PS3.