bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 10th May 2007, 11:00   #1
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Forza 2 demo on Live

Hey all,

Just to let you know the demo for Forza 2 is up on live and its 691MB.
I've decided to give it a go even though I really never did like the original Forza, anyone else going to give this a go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 11:12   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm stuck at work! WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 11:33   #3
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Muhahahahaha! im at home.....im getting it!

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 11:37   #4
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by atanum141
Muhahahahaha! im at home.....im getting it!
You sir, suck.

You get your monitor sorted yet?

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 11:52   #5
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, having had a good play I can honestly say I am not a fan.
The cars just don't feel right, and the sense of speed is lacking, what the speedo says is 50 mph feels like 25-30 and the cars either under steer badly or the back end is FAR too slippery (I specifically chose an E36 BMW as its the car I have and its NOTHING like it at all).

When will they actually ever get a racing sim that feels right? Maybe its the lack or actual feedback that you gain from being inside a real car that I'm missing but it just feels wrong.

Quote:
Old 10th May 2007, 12:16   #6
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh yeah, i been waiting for this. Hope its as good as its hyped up to be as i need another game to make my Wireless wheel worth its purchase. Wife promised I can have a Live Subscription at the end of the month which will be great so I can then get this game end of june after its out. Darn, another 3 hours before I finish work.
Old 10th May 2007, 12:17   #7
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
You sir, suck.

You get your monitor sorted yet?
indeed squire i do.

and yes i got another new monitor, a Viewsonic VA2010WB. Its niceeeeeeeee.

Old 10th May 2007, 12:26   #8
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
We're trying to download it now but the servers must be hammered because it keeps crapping out.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 12:40   #9
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OMG NEEED
Old 10th May 2007, 13:03   #10
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving this game,shame they didn't give a nice taste of the career and livery editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 13:03   #11
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

Ok so ive played.

Graphics are good on this, the cars looks freeking sweet.

tho this i believe is more of a sim more than the arcadey stuffs like PGR. Personally i like PGR coz i can drive like a nutter but on this you'd just end up last.

Good selection of music tho.

Old 10th May 2007, 13:08   #12
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You should try it with all the assists off XD

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:11   #13
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I've been playing a little more and I've just realised, AA appears to be off.
The thing that was really killing my enjoyment of this game was the camera view I had it in which was the one which displays the bonnet of the car, the reflections make it really hard to get an idea of which way the nose is pointing when you hammer it a little too hard into a corner, changed that and instantly my racing improved.

I once again chose the E36 and switched off the driving aids which my car doesn't have (everything except ABS) and what can I say? The drive is improved to no end, the cars will take more pushing round a corner.

Also replay mode is rather good, even shows my glowing hot break discs :P
Maybe my earlier judgement was misplaced.

Quote:
Old 10th May 2007, 13:13   #14
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
You should try it with all the assists off XD
well the only one i had on i believe was breaking assist.
Ill gibe it a god with eveything off.

Old 10th May 2007, 16:25   #15
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
I'm in a mixed bag with this demo. I'll need to go back later and turn all of the assists off to get a better feeling for the game but right now, I don't think I'll purchase it unless someone buying me the racing wheel. It just seems wrong to have a racing sim and play it with a controller. It just seems like way too much understeering with the default settings.

I will, however, say that the game is absolutely beautiful. The gravel being thrown up when you go off track and the sky is just amazing. The sounds are spot on for when you're in a wreck (it sounds just like being in a wreck when you tailend or head-on someone!) and for the going in the gravel and dirt. The damage cars take is just awesome looking. It's a shame that damage in the demo doesn't effect your car's performance though but I suspect it will in the full game.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:37   #16
Veles
DUR HUR

Something someone over on another forum mentioned the amerian cars, namely the ones that usually handle like boats in a pond on thick honey, handle a lot better than they do in most games. I was driving the Dodge Viper with all assists off, not only was handling well, but I'd say better than the 911!

Quote:
Old 10th May 2007, 16:50   #17
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

I turned off the assists and i still dont get the game. Its good but not my cup o tea.
Ill buy PGR.

Old 10th May 2007, 17:26   #18
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
The game looks like absoulte ass. AA? What's that? It looks like something the PS2 cooked up until you throw your car into a wall. Reflections are very badly done and so is general environmental aspects like the sky, sun and lighting.

We all expected far more in the office :/
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 17:34   #19
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
The game looks like absoulte ass. AA? What's that? It looks like something the PS2 cooked up until you throw your car into a wall. Reflections are very badly done and so is general environmental aspects like the sky, sun and lighting.

We all expected far more in the office :/
Are you playing in HD or SD?
Old 10th May 2007, 17:46   #20
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

Im playing in 720p and i can still see the lack of AA or the details Bindi mentioned.

Tags
xbox 360