bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 10th May 2007, 15:00   #1
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What happened to the logitech G7?

What on earth is going on here?! The G7 seems to have fallen of the face of the planet! It's not listed on logitech's site anymore and nowhere is carrying it (well, you can find it on logitechs site via google only, and there is the odd place that still has it, none of the big boys though).

Has anyone heard why this lovely bit of kit has disappeared? Are they launching a refresh model like they have done with the G5? ( if so, why try and hide its existence at the moment then?!) Really baffled and a little annoyed, I wanted one!

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 15:07   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Why not get an MX Revalution?

Its basically the same, just newer!
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 15:31   #3
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, it does seem to have disappeared. Strange.

Get a G5 instead, then you don't have to worry about recharging the thing.
Old 10th May 2007, 15:33   #4
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz_91

Agreed! I could never go back to another mouse with a normal scrollwheel again, tbh.
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 15:34   #5
Hazardous
Mod Master

Hazardous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother-Gooser

... I wanted one!
You've said yourself...

Quote:

... there is the odd place that still has it, none of the big boys though.

If you're that keen to get your hands on one, what difference does it make that you'd not be buying it from one or other of "the big boys"
Old 10th May 2007, 15:39   #6
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ah to be more exact, I wanted one of the funky limited edition ones (that were knocking around on ebay) not the silver and green/blue colour.

Does the MX revolution have hot swapable batteries and a bluetooth dongle included in this charger?! Nope, so it isn't just like it (I like the G5/G7 shape more as well). From what I can see it isn't 2000dpi with adjustable sensitivity either which is something I like.

The new G5 refresh seems to solve the only misgiving I had and that is that is has two shoulder buttons, so maybe I'll have to stay wired.

MSI GS70 STEALTH

Last edited by Mother-Goose; 10th May 2007 at 15:46.
Old 10th May 2007, 15:59   #7
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No, the MX Revolution doesn't have hot swappable batteries like the G series. I can use mine for two days constantly, then I'll just put it on its charger overnight and it'll last me another two days.
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 16:36   #8
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

hmmmm I like hot swappableness, I don't want it dieing mid game. Might have to go G5 Refresh instead.

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Old 10th May 2007, 16:55   #9
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have it and it's great.

The recharge thing has been made into an enormous problem. I have never had an issue with the mouse going flat mid game, probably aided by the battery meter built into the mouse. It's not like you cant change the battery between levels/missions and in RTS how much hassle is it to press escape and do it.

On the fly dpi changes are great, you can really go wrong with it, but the VX revolution is a better All round mouse. The death adder is great for gaming.

The variety is so huge, and we are all so different.
Old 10th May 2007, 21:20   #10
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz_91

I wouldn't want to game with a mouse with that shape, I'm sorry. The whole point of the G7 to me is combining the gaming prowess of the G5 without wires. The shape of the Revolution looks nice to hold and use, but doesn't look like an ideal gaming mouse.
Old 10th May 2007, 21:37   #11
Boxcarhobo
Multimodder

Boxcarhobo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'd get razer anyday
Boxcarhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 22:02   #12
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

There are two camps on the gaming mice, people who like the logitech shape and people who like the razer, I can't stand the un contoured razer shape (it doesn't work for me, I had a copper head but RMA'd it) the Logitech shape is perfect for me, and dragontail hit it right on the head, the G7 is ultimate wireless gaming mouse in my mind BUT not in the gay silver and blue/green colours (again, in my mind) however, if you have seen the G5 2007 Refresh you're gonna think "damn, nice rodent"

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Old 11th May 2007, 06:40   #13
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought the same about Razer until I tried my mates death adder. Its got a lot more to offer than any of the other models.

At the end of the day do you game with your fingers (Razer) or are you all about palm (Logitech)
Old 11th May 2007, 07:10   #14
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

palm big sweaty palm

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Old 12th May 2007, 10:51   #15
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
because it's meant to be a pretty hardcore gaming mouse but it's wireless? Most people see that as a large drawback.
I'd just get a G5, it truely is the awesome.
Old 13th May 2007, 01:41   #16
zx2assassin
Minimodder

zx2assassin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother-Gooser
There are two camps on the gaming mice, people who like the logitech shape and people who like the razer, I can't stand the un contoured razer shape (it doesn't work for me, I had a copper head but RMA'd it) the Logitech shape is perfect for me, and dragontail hit it right on the head, the G7 is ultimate wireless gaming mouse in my mind BUT not in the gay silver and blue/green colours (again, in my mind) however, if you have seen the G5 2007 Refresh you're gonna think "damn, nice rodent"
I didnt like the colors either, i got mine in carbon fiber which is much better then the blue/green, and i agree it is the perfect shape for me too oh yeah and not sure where your located but: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104203
newegg has the cf one
Old 13th May 2007, 01:56   #17
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble
because it's meant to be a pretty hardcore gaming mouse but it's wireless? Most people see that as a large drawback.
I'd just get a G5, it truely is the awesome.
To be honest I don't see wireless as a hinderance at all - I've used a G5 and my MX1000, and I prefer the MX1000, and didn't even really feel the "difference" when it comes to wired or wireless.
Old 13th May 2007, 02:03   #18
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit
To be honest I don't see wireless as a hinderance at all - I've used a G5 and my MX1000, and I prefer the MX1000, and didn't even really feel the "difference" when it comes to wired or wireless.
but you probably felt the diff between 2000 and 1600 dpi, unless you were using all 8 4.5 gram weights. (I use none, and removed the cartrige entirely )
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 02:06   #19
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, there was a difference, but nothing that couldn't be solved with a tweak of the windows settings. The other thing is that I don't use the multi-sensitivity rubbish, I have hands capable of many kinds of graduated movement, so I don't really need it. (And yes, I have tried it.)
Old 13th May 2007, 02:14   #20
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
the only times I use the multi sensitivity is sniping in games (or far zoomed aiming of any kind) and for photoshop
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote